. II

Expose me

“Everyone, come here and sign up what you’re going to do at the talent show,” Mrs. Choi said and waved a paper. Everyone rushed there, and last was me.

I stared at the paper, and then made a decision.

Soo-na: stage worker

I have to say, I felt pretty proud over myself. The teacher took a look at the paper and shook her head.

“Soo-na, that’s not going to be possible.”

“But someone have to do it! And I volunteer!”

“That’s what the teachers are there for. You, as a student have to preform,” she dragged me a little aside, so no one else would hear, “I know your stage fright, but you all agreed to this.”

She sighed at my determined face expression, “maybe… Maybe this is your chance?

“My chance to what?”

“Show everyone who you are.”

“By singing? Yeah, I’ll hit a note and everyone will magically know I’m the daughter of Kim Young-min,” I know it’s really disrespectful to talk like that to a teacher, but she didn’t really mind. She knew I was a great kid otherwise.

“I mean, what’s his name… Baekhyun? You and Baekhyun could maybe do a duet together?”

That’s exactly what he said to me last night, “no. That would be totally inappropriate.”

Mrs. Choi sighed once again, “Well, you have to do something. Come up with what yourself then.”

“Can I be the light designer?”

“No,” she responded as we walked back to class.

“Make up artist?”

“No, take your seat.”

The lesson continued and I just stayed in my corner, grumpy. What could I do that wouldn’t stand out too much?

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn’t notice someone approach me. Suddenly that someone grabbed my hair, “aw, didn’t you get to work behind? Do you have to show your ugly face in front of the whole EXO and make a fool out of yourself.”

“Poor them. They’ll probably go home and cry while washing their eyes,” another girl joined in.

it up Soo-na.

“I can just imagine all the terrible things that would happen with you alone on a stage…”

“Oh yeah… That can get pretty un-pretty.”

“Too bad you don’t have any friends to help you out.”

They laughed and left just as three boys from the other class came running in with a magazine, “guys, guys! Look at this! It’s a picture of Kim Young-min’s daughter!”

My blood instantly froze. , this could not happen. When did someone take a photo of me? I never showed myself in public with dad. I closed my eyes and awaited the bomb.

“Yah! That’s just her foot, you idiot!”

“Yeah, but isn’t it a hot foot?” the other dude wiggled his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

If they knew who it belonged to, it wouldn’t be so hot anymore.

“Do you think she’s coming?”

Duh, she’s already here.

“Don’t know! But I surely hope so! Just imagine having Kim Young-min as a father-in-law!”

“Daebak!”

I mentally choked. That’s the most disgusting thing I’ve heard. Marry them? Ew.

“Yah! What are you staring at, freak?”

I blinked and realized I was looking, “n-nothing.”

The boy with the magazine scanned me with a disgusted face, when his eyes landed on my feet. His mouth curved up in a mean smirk and he pointed, “Look! She has the same shoes!”

Some people looked at me, other stared and a few even glared, “who do you think you are?” one of them asked me and moved closer.

Yes, it’s true. I haven’t learned all names in my class yet. It’s such a waste of time and energy.

Another guy in class laughed, “she’s probably a crazy stalker.”

The girl who approached me smirked, “you are, aren’t you? I mean, you have nothing, of course you want to be like Kim Young-min’s daughter. Copy her shoes, her clothes, you probably even want to copy her life. Don’t you?”

It really not being able to scream right in their faces how close to the truth they actually are. That would show them. But, it’s much more fun to make them say all this mean stuff, because when I do reveal who I am, they’ll regret it so hard. Though, that doesn’t change the fact that it hurts.

Just then Mrs. Choi walked in again.

“What are you guys discussing?” she asked and threw a worried look at me and the position I was currently in.

“Nothing songsengnim, “ a boy replied, “just Kim Young-min’s daughter.”

Mrs. Choi’s eyes widened and gave me a questioning look. I just shook my head and she smiled.

“Do you know if she’ll be here, songsengnim?”

“When?”

“On the talent show, duh,” the boy rolled his eyes and the teacher smirked.

“There’s a pretty high chance that she will,” she said and the boys looked at each other in excitement, “but! You won’t notice her.”

The guys gave her a confused expression and she continued, “She doesn’t like attention.”

“That’s alright. We’ll know who it is when we see her. She’s probably a real beauty!”

I couldn’t help myself from laughing. This is so ironic. The class stared at me.

“She’s a total freak,” some of them whispered.

The teacher continued, locking our eyes, “Yes, she is.”

That was so typical of a teacher to say. Sure, I know I don’t look just as ugly as my classmates imply, but it’s not like I should brag over my face either. I’m just an average person.

The bell rang and this day was finally over. 

I started my usual walk home when suddenly a black van I recognized too well pulled over and the door swung open. In there sat five familiar faces and smiled at me. I looked around so that no one saw me and then asked, “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Picking you up from school, what else?” Jongin replied and gave me an adorable smile. I quickly jumped into the car before anyone saw me and closed the door.

“Haven’t I told you not to do so? Someone could see us!”

“We know, that’s the point,” Tao pointed out from the row in front of me and I glared at him. So he continued, “Look Soo-na, we know you want to hide who you are, but we’re not going to help you. We didn’t ask you to do this for us and neither did your father. So, fine, you can hide all you want, but we’re not going to make any effort to hide our relationship to you.”

Tao leaned back his his seat when he was finished and got patted on the shoulder.

“Great speech,” Sehun encouraged him. I sighed.

“Fine,” I folded my arms and looked out the window. Then it hit me, “Where are we even going?”

“We have a talk show to attend,” Baekhyun answered and I realized I had completely failed to notice his presence. Seeing him made the whole situation feel a little bit better. Sure, Suho wasn’t here, so the situation wasn’t under a 100% control, but at least my best friend was there.

I was defiantly closest to Baekhyun, even though I was really good friends with the others. Comparing SM to a family, Baekhyun was probably my twin.

Though, I was still a bit unsure why I had to come with them, “Is there a reason I’m dragged along?”

Baekhyun once again replied, “yeah, your dad wanted someone to represent him, and he thought you were the best to do so.”

I stared at him while considering my chances of surviving if jumping out of this car in the move. Though, Baekhyun started to laugh so I understood he joked. “No, we just happened to drive past and decided to take you with us.”

“It’s more fun with you,” Tao added and I felt flattered.

“Awww, thanks!” I put a hand on my chest, “but don’t do it again, or I will kill you.”

 

“Baekhyun-ssi, if you could choose which member to share room with, who’d you choose?” the mc asked and Baekhyun laughed a little and threw a glance at me. I just smiled at him, because the answer was totally obvious.

He laughed a little, “I know who I wouldn’t like to share room with. Suho hyung. Him and Tao. Tao just can’t help but talking I his sleep and Suho is unhealthily unclean.”

“Yeah, we’ve heard about your current stay,” the mc mused, “in the living room.”

“It’s totally nice! I’ve got the TV before any other in the morning.”

The mc and the audience laughed and the mc moved on to Tao.

“So you’re a sleep talker?”

The younger blushed and Jongin butted in, “you should hear him. We hear it all the way to our room,” Jongin made a look-alike-Tao-face and continued, “-No! No! Noooooo! Don’t! Don’t do that! Ge! Ge! Don’t let them take that- And then he starts to cry.”

I couldn’t help but laugh, it was just like Tao. The said boy blushed even harder.

“Sometimes you even think he’s having a conversation with you, so you reply. But then you realizes he’s not replying anything than makes sense, so you know he’s sleep taking,” Baekhyun added. I have to admit, I had fell for that sometimes. Once I almost called the ambulance because I thought he was hurting for real.

“So then back to the question, who’d you like to share room with?”

“Kai and D.O always seem to have a quiet and calm night, or Chanyeol. Chanyeol barely even sleeps, he stays up all night making music.”

They shared some other conversations that I was too lazy to care about, when suddenly I heard the last question.

“The CEO of SM have a daughter, have you ever met her?”

All of the guys started to giggle. They knew this question would come.

“Of course, she’s like our sister,” Sehun replied. Baekhyun winked at me.

“But there’s no photos of her, how come? Doesn’t she like being photographed?”

Baekhyun took this question upon him, “she’s a rather shy girl, but she loves being photographed. I’m guessing I have like 200 photos in my phone taken of her.”

That was one of the dumbest things he could’ve said. Doesn’t he know all the hackers? Or the fact that the mc will ask a pretty obvious question in three, two, one….

“Can you show us?” there.

Baekhyun smiled, “no, that you have to ask her yourself. She’s right over there!”

Correction, I was right over there. As soon as I heard the question I understood what was coming up and took my leave. Currently I was in a loge, watching the show go on as the cameras didn’t find anything.

This was their plan all along. To expose me.

“You’re her, right?” a girl who shared the room with me asked and tilted her head at the TV. I smiled and shook my head.

“I’m the stylist,” I answered, like I usually did when people asked. Though, the girl didn’t look convinced.

“Then why were you in such a rush as soon as they mentioned the daughter?”

“Because,” I said and tried to think of anything, “I realized I had forgotten the eyeliner, and Baekhyun looks like he’s in need of some.”

The girl looked slightly more convinced and I grabbed a close by eyeliner and left. I got back to the set and saw the guys just finishing. They all grinned when they came walking towards me.

“I hate you all,” I murmured and gave them the coldest look I could. They all embraced me at the same time.

“We know you don’t,” Tao said, “but you have to admit. We almost caught you.”

“Yeah, too close.”

*Click*

We all broke away and looked up. A photographer stood there with a big camera and smiled innocently at us. Before we could react he was gone and then it hit me that I was busted.

***

It was a while since I wrote this chapter and I realize now that maybe it's a little bit too much pep-talks... But just endure it, there won't be just as many in the following chapters! Thanks for reading! ^^