. XVII

Expose me

 

EXO was going to be away for the week and I would have to miss them until I meet them in Shanghai a few days ahead.

And somehow, in the meantime, I had strangely become ‘friends’ with this odd Sun Mo girl. Or at least Sun Mo had decided to call us friends after just one meeting.

“I like Strawberry-bubbles,” she said in the bubble tea queue. I turned to her and nodded, “So I think I’m having passion fruit flavor with strawberry-bubbles. What are you having?”

I almost yawned. I hadn’t gotten much sleep these past days, “Um… I haven’t decided yet.”

It was soon our turn and Sun Mo gladly skipped over to the counter and told the guy behind the disk her order.

“Soo-na, it’s you,” she then said as if I hadn’t noticed myself. I went over and thought for a moment, and then I made my mind up.

“I’ll have Taro with green apple bubbles,” I said tiredly and the guy smiled.

“That’s my favorite too,” he blinked. I suppressed another yawn and smiled a little.

“That’s nice,” I said.

Actually it wasn’t my favorite, but believe it or not, these past days I’d been missing Baekhyun like crazy –even though we texted like at least once a day already- and I just though that maybe if I drank his favorite tea then… It was silly, really.

The guy then handed me my finished tea with a little smirk and Sun Mo and I went to take a seat.

“Did you see how that guy flirted with you?” she whispered excitedly when we got to out seats. I raised my brows and looked back at him, but he was helping another costumer.

“No, I must’ve missed that,” I shrugged.

“Oh my god, you should totally go get his number!”

“No, I have boy-“ I cut myself of in the middle. Was I just about to say boyfriend? I mentally snorted at myself.

Yeah, who? Who was I about to call my boyfriend? Baekhyun, perhaps?

I rolled my eyes at myself, as if.

Sun Mo kept staring at me so I said instead, “Maybe I should,” with a smirk.

“Do that, or I’ll do it. He’s seriously a hunk!”

I just smiled, “Go get him!”

 

I arrived home two hours later. Dad was out again on a business trip and mom was probably out shopping with her friend. Mary passed by and stopped mid-step.

“Miss, are you hungry?”

I shook my head and she clicked her tongue, “Keep that up and you’ll get an eating disorder,” she mumbled under her breath and proceeded what she was doing.

When on my room I opened my laptop, Baekhyun had tried to Skype me. Instead of calling back I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

We’re sorry, the number you have reached is not in service at this time. Please check the number, or try your call again.”

I groaned and threw the phone on my bed. I was seriously bored.

Maybe I should throw a party? Just to try the badass life.

Naaaa

I snapped my head up when I heard the phone ring. Butterflies begun to fly excitedly as I rushed over to the buzzing thing. Though, the excitement soon disappeared after seeing the caller ID.

Mom.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie! Where are you? Are you at home?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, I just wanted to warn you that a filming team is coming over in a hour or so. I’m filming my documentary and they wanted a house-tour. In case you wanted to flee the mansion or something,” she said lovingly. I slightly panicked, because I had completely forgot that and had no ide where to hide. Then all the photos in our house hit me. Mom just loved to hang pictures of me on the walls.

“What about the photos?” I asked.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it. They’ll make sure to cover you up.”

“Okay, well, thanks. I think I’m heading out. How long will it take?”

“Four hours at the most.”

“Okay. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I hurried out, fearing they would come earlier than expected –even though my mom wasn’t even home yet- and headed for the woods. I would just take my further escape-possibilities from there.

Somehow, after a while walking I ended up in the village. Maybe I should go to the tiny library and hope to find a decent book?

“Soo-na?” I then heard someone call and turned around. I spotted Hongbin. He was walking towards me with a book in his hand.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, slightly taken back.

He raised a brow and glanced to his house, “If you mean by here in this village I might just enlighten you that I actually live here. And if you mean here as in outside chatting with you, it’s because I’ve just been to the library. Now the real question is, why are you here?”

“The library you say?” I said, avoiding his question, “I didn’t think they had any books worth borrowing there.”

He gave me a look, “Of course they do. Now why are you here?”

“My mom was having a filming-thing in our house and I didn’t know where to go, so I just went here. It was a higher chance of finding something to do here than in the woods.”

Hongbin looked a bit hurt, “I’m gonna take that personally. Why didn’t you just tell me? Come on, you’re coming with me.”

Before I managed to protest he had already grabbed my arm and was dragging me towards his house. I looked at the big building and gulped. I noticed when we got in that it was a lot bigger than it looked. Firstly a huge hall welcomed you followed by stairs. It all was decorated nicely and I could guess from the furniture that his mother liked modern, yet cozy style.

Just when I was finished taking my shoes of I heard footsteps and a woman in about moms’ age beamed at us.

“Hongbin, you’re back!” she kissed his cheek, “And who’s this now?”

She looked curiously at me and I smiled, “I’m Soo-na.”

“Oh! Young-mins’ daughter. Then we’ve met, but oh my, how you have grown,” she inspected me and studied every curve on my body, “You’re such a fine looking young woman now.”

I blushed as Hongbin groaned, “Mom, that’s enough.”

She blinked at me, “He always complains about how I embarrass him. Now, hop along. I’m sure you kids have better things to do.”

 

“She was nice,” I said as we walked up the stairs and Hongbin rolled his eyes.

“She’s too much.”

I just smiled and placed myself on his couch. His room was huge and in prefect condition, with the exception of an unpacked suitcase in the corner. I got the feeling he was a perfectionist.

“So what do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know, watch a movie maybe?” he proposed as he threw himself in the other corner of the couch. I shrugged and nodded.

“I heard EXO left for Tokyo.”

“Yeah, they have a way too busy schedule the upcoming weeks. First Tokyo now for a few days, before EXO-M goes to China and EXO-K back to Korea, only to go back to Shanghai the following day.”

Hongbin gave me a compassionate smile, “Sometimes I’m really glad I’m not an idol.”

“Yeah…” I agreed, “Anyways, what are we watching? Just pick a movie.” 

He straightened up and darted over to a shelf full of movie covers, “What are you up for? Action, romance?”

“Ugh, no romance, please!” I groaned and he snickered.

“Is that some Baekhyun abstinence I’m feeling?”

I blushed lightly and fiercely shook my head, “No. Defiantly not.”

He just gave me a sly smile and shoved a disc into the DVD. Then he came to place himself next to me.

Somewhere in the middle of the action-movie his mother knocked on the door, “I made some appetizer before dinner. Soo-na, do you want to stay for dinner?”

I looked over to Hongbin, whom also was giving me a curios look before I slowly nodded, “Yes please. If it’s not to much trouble.”

Hongbins’ mother chuckled, “Cute,” she said, “Of course it’s no trouble, dear.”

She placed a tray between Hongbin and me and then left again with a small grin on her lips.

I curiously looked at the tray and realized she had cut a melon for us. My mouth begun to water and Hongbin chuckled at me. He handed me a fork and we dug in. My phone then buzzed and Hongbin gave it a concerned look.

“You haven’t fixed the glass yet?”

I looked up to him and shook my head, “I’ve forgot. But it’s alright, I don’t mind too much.”

He frowned slightly but let it go. I checked the text and realized it was from mom.

 

From: Mom

Hi sweetie! I’m feeling so bad for kicking you out of your own house! Where are you right now? You’re not outside, right?

 

To: Mom

It’s fine, I’m at a friends, we’re about to have dinner soon.

 

From: Mom

That’s a relief. We’re almost done here, I’ll pick you up later. Love you.

 

I didn’t respond, because I suddenly got so caught up in the movie. Then my heart suddenly froze as I felt Hongbin grasp my hand. I glanced down at our hands and then over to Hongbin. He was watching the movie like nothing with only the hint of a smile tugging on his lips. I tried to pull my hand out but he just tightened his hold.

“Just leave it,” he then said and my heart skipped a beat. I didn’t say anything more to him and just turned back my head to the TV, trying to focus on the movie.

Why is he holding my hand?

“Are you scared?” I suddenly blurted out, because that was the only reasonable excuse he could have to hold my hand, I figured.

He chuckled quietly, “Yeah, let’s say I am.”

I stared at him. What? What is that supposed to mean?

I didn’t respond, just turned my stare to the TV again. I suddenly felt utterly confused. Then his mother once again knocked on the door, saying the food was ready and I quickly snatched my hand back and got up. Hongbin casually walked over to the door and held it up for me. I semi-glared at him as I passed him. He gave me an innocent smile and followed me.

It seemed like his father had got back from work and smiled at me when we entered the dining room.

“Soo-na, long time no see,” he said genuinely happy and pulled me in for a hug. I was taken by surprise and let out a small gasp before hesitantly hugging him back.

We haven’t met in like… 5 years?

“Yeah,” I awkwardly giggled.

His wife cut between us and placed me by the table opposite to Hongbin, then she handed me the pasta and I scooped up enough for me.

“So, how’s your father?” Mr. Park asked.

“He’s just fine, thank you,” I politely replied, “He’s just a little busy with work as for the moment.”

“Yeah, I heard about the break-in,” his wife said with big eyes. I nodded.

“But they’ve got it under control now.”

“That’s good, that’s good.”

“And how’s your mother?” Mrs. Park then asked.

“She’s fine as well, she’s having a documentary-thing at our house at the moment,” I explained, “That’s why I’m here.”

“Ah,” Hongbins’ father said,” Well, you’re welcomed to our house any time.”

I smiled as thank you and then Mrs. Park told us to start eating before the food got cold. I ate in silence while quietly thinking about Baekhyun. I wondered what he was doing. Maybe he was eating as well, or maybe he had already gone to bed. It was starting to get late. But he was probably just doing some TV show.

I was abruptly interrupted in my thoughts as I felt a foot touching mine. And not in that kind of accidently way, but in that way when someone was toe flirting with you. I snapped my head up and saw that Hongbin arched a brow at me. He then winked and went on to eating.

What the .

Hongbin was starting to creep me out, so I quickly finished when mom called. They all excused me from the table and I went to pick up.

“Hello.”

Hey, where are you? We’re done now and I miss you!

I smiled a little, “I’m at Hongbins’. Do you know where he lives?”

Um…no, I don’t think so.

I put then phone to my neck and asked Hongbins’ parents nicely, “What’s the address?”

They told me it and I held forward my phone so mom also would hear.

“Alright, I’ll be there in ten,” she said and I said goodbye. Hongbin then finished as well and dragged me up with him to finish the movie.

I kept my eyes on him, but placed me in the couch.

“Did you know you have a fanclub?” he then randomly asked and my eyes widened.

“What?” I gasped in horror and surprise and he nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll show you,” he said and went to get his computer. He clicked open a website and there it was indeed. Well, it wasn’t exactly a fanclub of me, but it was about Kim Young-mins’ daughter. They found the mystery about me fascinating and really, honestly, adored me. I felt kind of touched as I went through it.

They all had speculations about who I was and my relationship not just with Baekhyun but also other kpop idols. Almost none where even close to right so I didn’t worry but some of them actually made me a little uneasy.

“I can honestly say that I’m a proud member of the club,” Hongbin then said with a grin. I smiled at him and teasingly hit him on the arm.

The most touching thing was how they speculated over how the girl on the photo that night when Baekhyun and I had gone out for a night snack, actually was me and how they hoped Baekhyun and I were more than just friends.

I believe from the bottom of my heart that they’re dating. They would make such a cute couple, only judging from their couple clothes. Baekhyun oppa says they’re really great friends, but he always say it with a sparkle in his eyes and with such a loving voice I just want to melt and become her shoulder angel.

I chuckled lightly and kept scrolling down. Of course, some of them spit out snarky comments and said I was a coward and didn’t deserve someone like Baekhyun, or how they wanted to date me instead and Baekhyun didn’t deserve me.

Then I reached a post that made my heart stop for a moment.

Guys, I think I’ve met her. The other day when I was standing outside SM, Lee Jong-joon and a random girl I’ve never seen before approached us. The girl looked shy and in about the right age. I asked her if I could get her autograph, I mean just in case she was famous or something, you never know… Anyways, for a moment she looked like I had just asked her to take all her clothes off but then she said she was just staff. Since she didn’t look old enough, and I had never seen her before I just kept telling her I still wanted it, so with a lot of hesitation she wrote her name on a paper, and just as she was done she looked as if she regretted it from the bottom of her heart,” the girl had put out the photo of no one else’s handwriting and name then mine. I felt like killing myself and remembered the girl who had asked me to sign the paper.

I should’ve just said no. She knew without doubt what I looked like by now, plus that was my freaking name that was exposed. She continued her speech below the picture,

It’s a common name but I looked it up, since I thought it was kind of odd, and it turns out that it’s just two people by the name Soo-na working at SM and those two are way over 30. Plus they didn’t even look like this girl. So I’m guessing that the mysterious girl we all like is named Soo-na. She’s pretty cute, you know, but since she has made it pretty obvious that she doesn’t want to get exposed I’m not going to continue the investigation. When she’s ready to come out I’ll be there to support her, so let’s just settle with knowing the name of our never ending musings now, shall we?

My heart swelled and I just had to love this girl. Hongbin patted my back next to me.

“There you see, you don’t just only have your family, friends and kpop idols, there are people out there cheering for you too,” he said and I slowly turned to him. He was right. There were people who cared and stood by me, even though they had never met me.

Suddenly I felt Hongbin closer and turned my head a little and gulped when I realized he was leaning in. My eyes widened as he inched closer until-

Slap.

He jerked back with wide eyes and stared at me. I stared back and frowned.

“What are you doing?”

“I-um… I…” he stemmed and I kept my eyes stern, “Sorry,” he then said.

“You know I like Baekhyun, right?” it slipped out and surprised both of us. I had never said it out loud and surprisingly, it felt right saying it, “Yeah, I like Baekhyun,” I then said again, more to myself. Hongbin lowered his eyes and made the gap between us a bit bigger.

“I didn’t think it was that serious,” he said, “I mean, he’s an idol, Soo-na.”

I glared at him, “I know,” I said. Then my phone buzzed again, signaling my mother was here. I sighed, “Mom’s here, I better leave.”

I got up but then felt his hand grip my wrist and I looked down at him, “I’m sorry Soo-na. Let’s forget this?”

I sighed again and nodded, “We’re friends,” I then said, “Nothing more.”

He looked rather hurt but nodded, “Yeah.”

“Goodbye then, see you tomorrow.”

He nodded once again, “See you tomorrow.”

I hurried down the stairs and bid goodbye to his parents on the way and then headed straight out the door, wanting to get away as soon as possible. I wanted to go home and sleep and try to get this day as far away as possible. 

 


 

Hey guys! I'm sorry, once again for the delay, but you have no idea how busy I've been! School's just killing me! Annnyways... I'M GOING TO ING KOREA TOMORROW!!! OMG I'M SO DYING RIGHT NOW!!! I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO OR WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF! But yeah, I'm fine. How are you all?

There will be another update as soon as I've come back home and have time. 

Omg, she has a fanclub by the way! Dun dun dun, guess what's happening in the next chapter... keke. 

Please comment and give me some feedback. Subscribe and upvote. 

Love ya'll! 

I'll try to live through Korea...... And Merry Christmas!! <3