. III

Expose me

“That picture can’t leak,” I stated while biting my nails nervously as the van drove us back to the company.

“It’s alright, Soo-na, your father’s probably dealing with this right now,” Baekhyun assured me, “That picture will be deleted before we even reaches the company.”

I breathed out; my father knew how to deal with these sort of things.

 

“Appa!” I said and ran to him. He sat behind his usual desk and did some paperwork. When I came running in he looked up and smiled, then he came to meat me. We embraced each other. It had been a week since he left and I had missed him.

“How is the business?”

“They’re just fine, we have a new trainee from Busan.”

Dad and I begun to walk towards the cafeteria, “Really?” I asked.

“Yeah, and I have a pretty good plan for her. She’s expected to debut with the next girl group.”

“You’re debuting a new group? Already?”

“We’ll se… I have to talk some more with some other people before…” he smiled, then patted my head, “why don’t you go home? It’s late and school tomorrow.”

I whined but he gave me that you-don’t-have-a-choice look so I just did as he said.

“Go ask Jong-joon to drive you, or Baekhyun. Actually, I need Jong-joon, so just ask Baekhyun.”

“Whatever,” I said and dragged my feet over to the room where I knew Baekhyun spent the most of his time. The studio.

He sat there on the red couch with his feet up and listened to music on his phone. He had his eyes closed, which meant that he really focused to learn the lyrics or the rhythm of the song. I slowed my footsteps and tiptoed over to him. When I was just centimeters from him he opened his eyes and we stared at each other.

Dammit.

He laughed, “Were you trying to sneak up on me?”

I took the place next to him and ignored the question, “I need you to drive me home.”

“Why, I’m busy. Can’t you just crash in our apartment? My bed is available, since I’m sleeping on the couch.”

I used to crash in their apartment, when I forgot the time and it was way to late to go home. They lived just one block down. I got up again and nodded,

“Sure. Will you be late?”

“No, Imma just finish this song and I’ll be right with you.”

“Fine. I’ll go ahead.”

On my way out I met my father again who smiled, like always when he saw me.

“Would he take you?”

“No, I’ll just sleep with them instead.”

“Do you have change of clothes?”

“Yeah, I think I have an extra uniform there since earlier.”

“Fine then, I’ll just see you tomorrow. Sleep tight,” he hugged me again and I left.

 

Like always, it was chaos when I entered the apartment meant to be EXO’s. Chaos with capital C. Kyungsoo was in the kitchen and threw food at Jongin for disturbing his peace while Tao and Sehun was running around playing tag.

Kris and Luhan were watching some hysterical drama about a guy chasing girls and were currently laughing their asses off. Minseok tried his best finish cleaning the room Sehun refused to clean himself while Yixing was sleeping and Suho removed his makeup. Chen and Chanyeol were nowhere to be seen.

They didn’t really take much notice of me when I entered, Kris just asked me to join him and Luhan in the couch.

“Soo-na, do you want supper?” Kyungsoo asked me, successfully pushing Jongin away. I thankfully nodded and then went to accompany Kris and Luhan.

“Soo-na, this is the most hilarious part. Remember last Tuesday when he went on that date with that horrible looking girl?”

I amused nodded at Luhan, “he’s going with her again. Apparently he wasn’t satisfied.”

Just then the poor man on the screen got a probably well-deserved slap and the –indeed, she was horribly looking- woman got up from her seat and left.

This was how I usually spent my time with the boys; we either watched some cliché drama or made fun of those moron reality shows. We rarely got out, which was not so strange and I have to admit that, I didn’t actually mind. It was nice hanging out in their apartment.

“Shall we watch real housewives? I heard this episode would be real juicy!” Kris snickered which drew Tao’s attention.

“Real housewives huh? I’m in,” he left Sehun alone and placed his as close to Kris as possible. Not long after Sehun too joined and took the seat next to Luhan.

“Guys, the dinner’s ready!” D.O called, thought, no reactions. Kyungsoo put a hand on the hip and took a deep breath, “Come on guys. Food. Food! FOOD!!”

Jongin had already placed himself by the table and longingly looked at the meal in front of him.

“Can’t we just eat here?” Tao pleaded, “Please! Omma, please!”

I snickered at the expression on D.O’s face. It got darker and darker, “I told you not to call me that! Now bring your spoiled over here and be a little thankful for this damn food I’ve so nicely prepared!”

Though, he had lost them again. I knew Kyungsoo’s temper so I got up and placed myself by the dining table, still smiling.

Soon, after some more scolding, the others came as well.

“Eat fast! This episode is the one that Teresa buys a Gucci bag. I want to see which one she favors,” Tao said while stuffing his face.

“Can we at least turn the volume up?” Luhan asked, using his doe eyes as ageyo.

Kyungsoo sighed and looked at Suho, who just nodded.

“Sure, but not too high.”

Just then Baekhyun and the manager came in.

“Annyeong,” they greeted. Baekhyun took the seat next to me after teasing me for a bit.

“Where’s Soo-na sleeping?” Kris asked.

“I thought I could take Baekhyun’s bed? Since he’s sleeping on the couch.”

“Do you think you can handle Sehun?” manager asked and the younger just smiled.

“Sure she can. I’m more concerned about Suho hyung,” he said sheepishly. Let’s just say Sehun and me have shared room before and people around didn’t really appreciate it. It might have occurred some noises and laughs in the middle of the night –don’t take that the wrong way. We’ve never done anything like that. But I mean, the chances of us both enjoying video games wasn’t that low.

“Please spare me!” Suho whined.

“If not then maybe-“

“SSHHHHH! This is the exciting part!” Tao hushed us, eyes focused on the screen. So we all watched closely as Teresa took up one pink leather bag and a black leather bag. Then after 5 minutes of consideration and re-considerations, she decided to buy them both.

“Wow! She’s such a fabulous woman,” Tao finally breathed out, amazed.

“Totally,” Luhan agreed and shook his head.

“Yeah, anyways, how about you just sleep out here with Baekhyun?” manager suggested.

I shrugged. It didn’t really matter; I liked spending time with Baekhyun, “Sure.”

 

 

The next morning I felt that something was off. Things weren’t normal, so I slowly opened my eyes. There Baekhyun laid and took pictures of me. Why am I not surprised?

“Are you taking pictures of me when I’m sleeping?” I murmured and turned around.

“Yeah, wanna see?”

“No, just let me sleep, ert.”

“I can’t, you’re late.”

“WHAT?” I instantly got up and darted to the bathroom. In the middle of brushing my teeth I saw the clock and groaned. You’ve got to be kidding me.

4.37 a.m.

“Yah! Why did you do that?” I slapped his head, but he just snickered.

“You’re so fun to tease!” he giggled. I lay down again and really tried to get beck to sleep. But something nagged me.

“Why are you awake?”

“I can’t sleep.”

I sighed. Something was wrong, or else he’d sleep like the sleeping beauty right now.

“Wanna talk?” I asked with closed eyes.

“No, I’m more like hungry,” it was quiet for a while, “do you think it’s a lot of people outside now?” he then asked.

I sighed again, and then I kicked my blanket off, “Come on, let’s go.”

Going out for a night snack was kind of our thing. When either of us couldn’t sleep, or when it just got late, McDonalds would always be the answer.

So there we sat, me in gray sweatpants with the word ‘fabulous’ on my , a pink hoodie and Baekhyun in almost the same clothes, only his hoodie was dark blue and his said ‘macho’. We had bought those outfits together, to match when we took our night snack. Baekhyun wore the hoodie over his head and tried to hide the face as well as he could, ‘cause there were still a few people here despite the time.

I knew there was no point in asking what’s eating him, because if he wants to tell me, he will.

“What have you guys prepared for the school-visit?”

A smirk appeared on his lips, which made me happy, somehow, “The plan is to expose you, you see! It’s really thought trough, even SNSD will help us.”

“Wow! Even them! Then it has to be huge!” I played along.

“Yeah!”

We laughed. Then two girls came up to our table, “Baekhyun-oppa?” they asked. Baekhyun froze and hid his face a little bit more. We both shook our heads.

“No, that’s my boyfriend. Uh, Jun-jae!” I said and smiled convincing.

“Really? But he’s hiding his face!”

“Yeah, he’s having a really bad hangover! You’re causing him headache! Back off please!”

Baekhyun’s shoulders begun to shake. I knew it was because he was laughing, but the girls mistook it for crying.

“Sorry! So sorry, we’ll go!” they apologized and ran away. When the distance was enough I broke into laugher and Baekhyun joined me.

“I can’t believe they bought that!”

“Me neither!”

“You have stupid fans. Almost as dumb as the idol.”

“Hey, don’t joke about my fans.”

We laughed for a bit more, and then we decided to go. It was getting morning and I would soon have to go to school.

“Do you have to go to school today? Can’t you just hang out with us?”

I shook my head, “I need my perfect attendance!”

Baekhyun groaned, “You’re so boring!”

“Maybe,” I laughed, “but I’m attempting on getting into collage!”

“Urg, even more boring! Who needs school, just become an idol!”

“Yeah, because it’s that easy?!” I rolled my eyes.

“Come on, your father would easily get you into a group!”

“That’s cheating! I know how hard ya’ll worked to get where you are, it would just be unfair for me to skip all that.”

“But at least I would get to see you in public.”

“I’m happy as it is!”

“Yeah, whatever.”

His mood was quickly brought down again. I pinched his cheek to ease the tension and he gasped at me. I stuck my tongue out and the second after he was chasing me. He chased me all the way home and I couldn’t stop laughing. I really liked times like these with Baekhyun. He always got me to relax and forget the worries.

When we got back to the dorm the others were waiting.

“Have you any idea of what time it is?” Suho asked with his parent-tone. Kris crossed his arms and gave us a warning look.

“We couldn’t sleep,” I tried but Kris cut me off.

“Whatever, Soo-na, you have to get to school and Baekhyun, we have a interview in two hours.”

Baekhyun and I bowed; seriously, Kris was scary when he used that tone. Kyungsoo just shook his head.

“Breakfast,” he then said and gave us each a bowl of milk and cereals.

“Here, I made you some eggs,” Minseok then said and scooped up some at our plates. I smiled thankfully at him, even though I wasn’t that hungry.

“Did anyone see you?” manager then asked and we shook our heads. Sure, some people saw us, they just didn’t recognize us.

“Good! We want to keep the scandals on minimum.”

We understood and nodded. “So, who’s gonna take Soo-na to school?” Baekhyun then asked, “I can!”

“No! I’ll go by myself! Thank you!” I said and left the table to get dressed.

This uniform I had left here was slightly too small, so it got a little tight over the chest, though, there was nothing I could do about it. All I could hope for was that no one would  noticed.

When I got out from the bathroom again I met Kai who glanced down at my chest and raised one brow.

“Did you grow during the night?” he asked and a smirk formed on his lips.

I slapped him on his arm, “shut up,” I said and left.

“Hey! It looks good!” he shouted after me and snickered. My face slowly turned red.

God, this was not happening. Was it that obvious?

“Wow!” I bumped into Sehun and he too looked rather surprised, “you have s?”

I groaned and kept walking. I hate my life.

Then, worst of all, I met Baekhyun. I don’t know why, I just didn’t want him to see that. Maybe he would think I craved for some action or something.

He swallowed hard and tried to avoid looking down, even though his ears got redder by every minute.

“Don’t mention it. The one here was too small. We have to stop our night snack, I’m getting fat, dammit!”

He vaguely smiled at my joke, although still struggling to look straight at my face. I sighed. Guess this was the rain I had to deal with to get the rainbow.

“Anyways, I’m going to school, bye!” I said and begun to leave. Then it hit Baekhyun and he swallowed again.

“Wait, Soo-na!”

“Yeah?”

This time it was his turn to sigh and then he grabbed my arm and dragged me with him. Baekhyun opened the door and we left the apartment.

“Where are you taking me?”

I knew where we were going, I just didn’t understand why.

 

Like always, my dad sat behind his desk, working with some papers. He looked up when we entered, smiled, and then back to the papers. Suddenly he looked up again and a wrinkle appeared between his brows.

“Soo-na, you can’t go to school like that! Don’t you have rules?”

“I know, but this was the only one I had!” I said frustrated. I was getting late and this was way too embarrassing.

“Can’t she stay with us today then?” Baekhyun asked with big eyes. Ugh, I can’t believe this!

My father looked from me, to Baekhyun, then back to me. Then he took a look at my clothes and sighed.