. XIII

Expose me

I lay on the couch in EXO’s living room with a sheet paper, staring blankly at it.

“Wanna try again?” Baekhyun nicely asked, careful not to make me lose my temper again. Earlier I had threw a tiny tantrum, but no worries, I’m over it now.

Sort of.

I sat up and nodded.

“Do you want me to sing along?”

“I’ll try once myself…” I said and begun on the first verse. Somewhere in the middle Baekhyun cut me off and corrected me. I thankfully nodded and tried again. When I got to the same place he stopped me again.

“No, Soo-na, you’re supposed to go up! SaEmsosA, got it?”

I once again nodded and tried again, but he just cut me off again.

“SaEmsosA! Try just that.”

“SaemsosA,” I sang but he just shook his head.

“SaEmsosA!”

“Saemsosa,” I started to grow impatient.

“SaEmsosA!!”

“SAEmsosa.”

“Almost, SaEmsosA,” Baekhyun kept his hope up, while mine just kept felling.

“SAEmsosA… SaEmsosa… SAEm… Saem… SAEM… OH FOR S SAKE! I CAN’T DO THIS! WHY DOES THIS EVEN MATTER? NO ONE CARES ABOUT MY SINGING ANYWAYS, THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE FUN OF ME. I should just stay home. Or change song.”

Baekhyun patted my back, “Let’s skip that part for now.”

Just then Chanyeol walked in and interested looked at the sheet I was holding, “Ah! Peter pan! Great song! But what are planning on doing during the rap?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Dance break!” Baekhyun suggested and snickered.

“I can rap, if you want?” Chanyeol offered, ignoring Baekhyun. I smiled at him but shook my head.

“Thanks, but no. I don’t know, I’ll figure something out. I’m probably just gonna end up standing there all awkward while the rap is played in the background anyways.”

Chanyeol gave me a vague smile and walked off to the kitchen, “Are you guys hungry?”

Both Baekhyun and I nodded and Chanyeol took a quick look in the fridge, only to state that they had no food, “Let’s go out and eat,” he said.

There was only Baekhyun, Chanyeol and I at the dorm, since everyone else was off to something else. From what I heard, Chen, Luhan, Lay and Kai were catching a movie while Suho and Kris were talking a course in leadership. Xiumin, Tao and Sehun were practicing and D.O was having his infamous private time. God knows what he was up to.

Baekhyun and I happily skipped after Chanyeol out and into his car. For some reason ended Chanyeol up in his own backseat, while me and Baekhyun in the front.

“Where to?” Baekhyun asked ready to leave. I looked back at Chanyeol and he shrugged.

“Just take us somewhere private,” I said.

“And romantic,” Chanyeol quickly added and we both stared back at him. He just threw his hand up in defense, “What? I’m a man without romance in my life, at least let me eat romantically.”

I amused rolled my eyes, “Fine then. Take us somewhere privately romantic,” I said to Baekhyun.

 

* * *

 

“Honey, pictures are just rolling in. Soon you’ll get a hell lot of questions to answer,” Tae-hee said to her husband while showing him yet another picture from the press.

He sighed and looked at it, “Do you think this is possibly her way of asking us to help? Do you think she wants us as parents to do something?”

“I don’t know honey. When we talk to her about it it’s firmly no, but then she shows herself public with the idols all the time. What did you tell that magazine?”

“I haven’t given them a response yet.”

“Tell them to leak it. We’ll see how she reacts.”

Young-min nodded slowly, “Where is she now?”

“I think she and Baekhyun are practicing for the talent show.”

A smile appeared on Young-min’s face, “Alone?”

Tae-hee too smiled, “I hope so. I asked Chanyeol to help.”

 

* * *

 

“Wow!” I whispered wide eyed, “This is some restaurant.”

“It’s perfect!” Chanyeol grinned. A waitress came and Chanyeol told us he’d handle it.

“How did it go with Hongbin?” Baekhyun randomly asked. I sighed and shrugged.

“He’s pissed at me.”

“What? Since when?”

“Since Thursday. Apparently he waited for me to call him all night the night I fought with you and when I didn’t he got mad. And we kind of haven’t been talking since.”

“Why would you call him?” I could sense some jealousy from his voice but ignored it.

“If I needed help with the song for the talent show… I said I maybe would call him if I needed help, and he apparently took it as if I defiantly would.”

Baekhyun nodded, “Well, you have me to help you,” he said. I thankfully smiled while struggling to hide the blush.

“I know.”

“Well,” Chanyeol then said turning to us, when he was done talking to the waitress, “She’ll get us a table.”

We got a small one with three chairs and I looked at it, “Aren’t this a little small for three persons?”

“Na, it’s fine, just take a seat,” Chanyeol said and hurried to the chair on the end, leaving Baekhyun and me to the two chairs facing each other. We chatted for a while until the starters came in and we focused all our focus on eating that. Chanyeol was first to finish and took up his phone.

“Oh dear!” he said –and I believe we all have seen his acting skills- ,”Soo-na, your father just sent me a text. I need to go~”

“Wait, why?”

“Uuuh, don’t know, he just said it was important…”

“What?! Then maybe he needs me to?” Baekhyun offered.

“No! It was just some tall-people-business.”

Baekhyun raised a brow, “What’d you just say?”

“Anyways, gotta go! You two enjoy your dinner! Bye!”

Chanyeol quickly left before we managed to say anything so were just left blinking after him.

“Oooookay…” Baekhyun then awkwardly laughed, “not random at all!”

I giggled a little and Baekhyun smiled. Somehow this had turned into a date.

“Welp, let’s just enjoy it,” he said just as the main course was placed on our table.

 

One hour later and I were laughing my of at something Baekhyun just had said.

See, mom. It is possible to have a normal relationship with a celeb. Almost. Yesterday we went to the movies without bigger complications and today we’re sharing a meal at a restaurant.

And it’s with Baekhyun. What more can I ask for?

“So one time when Baekhyun junior ran away, I wanted to know how he felt. So I brought out like tons of blankets and pillows and intended on sleeping on the cliffs for the entire night. Though, I needed to pee around nine p.m. and after that I didn’t dare to go out again. ‘Cause it was dark,” Baekhyun told me. I snickered and shook my head.

“I didn’t know that… I tried to camp once too, but then mom informed me that I would actually have to sleep outside, so I changed my mind.”

“Let’s do it sometime. Camp.”

I surprised raised my brows. My heart was suddenly thumping like crazy, “Yeah. Defiantly!”

Baekhyun gave me a mischievous smile, “Pinky promise?”

A smile made it’s way to my lips and I hooked my finger with his, “Pinky promise!”

“Are you ready for dessert?” a waitress then came to ask. I looked at Baekhyun in confusion.

“We didn’t order any…”

“Oh, but your friend did.”

Suddenly she placed a big ice cream in the middle of the table and gave us a big smile, “Enjoy.”

Baekhyun and I shared a look before we burst out in laughter, “So typical Chanyeol.”

 

* * *

 

Latest celeb-news! SM entertainment CEO Kim Young-min seems to have hired a new female staff. Or is she? A mysterious girl has been following EXO around for about two weeks now. What’s exactly her job? She’s been spotted with leader Suho outside BigBang Taeyang’s birthday party when she dragged him inside after taking over defending Baekhyun’s relationship status. Not to mention that a similar girl, probably the same mysterious girl, was spotted at 5 a.m. at McDonalds having a night snack with no one else than Baekhyun himself, wearing couple clothes. No exact photos have been taken yet, so we’re not able to tell who she is. Though we find her ‘job’ strange. Is it a job or could this maybe be something else? Is it possible that this girl has the dream job or has one of the idols maybe up a relationship? Will Baekhyun survive another scandal? And what does SM Entertainment CEO have to say about it?

“. , , !” Chanyeol cursed while reading the magazine, “This is not happening.”

 

To: Baekhyunnie

We’ve got a situation. Hurry back. Quickly! And bring Soo-na.

 

Half and hour later and we were entering the dorm, watching Chanyeol run to us, waving a magazine hysterically.

“Read this,” he shoved the paper in our faces.

Baekhyun took the magazine and read while I read over his shoulder. As I took in the words my eyes widened and my blood slowly begun to freeze. All I could think of was Baekhyun’s career and what would happen if the magazines found out who I was.

I fell down on the couch, just staring blankly into the opposite wall.

Why hadn’t I been careful?

“Hey, Soo-na! Don’t worry!” I heard Baekhyun say and hugged me.

Baekhyun. What will happen to him? My father can’t kick him out from EXO, right? And the fans. They’ll hate him.

“I’m so stupid. I’m so sorry Baekhyun,” I whispered into his hug. He pulled away and stared at me.

“Why do you apologize? I’m the one who’s sorry. I’m sorry I dragged you out in the middle of the night. And I’m sorry you had to defend me in front all those reporters.”

I shook my head and leaned on him a little bit more. Then I turned my head up to Chanyeol, “Have you talked to my dad?”

He shook his head, “Come on, let’s go,” he then said.

 

* * *

 

The three of us stormed in on my fathers’ office and to my surprise my mom was there too.

“Mom?” I asked while Baekhyun and Chanyeol bowed. She smiled at me and embraced me, “Have you seen the magazine?” I asked her. She pulled away and looked a little guilty, and then she looked over to my dad.

“We’ve seen it,” he answered in her place.

“And you didn’t stop it?”

“Well, for one,” my father leaned back in his chair, “that would’ve just seem more suspicious and for two, we didn’t see it before it released.”

“Don’t you always?” Baekhyun then suddenly asked, “I mean, isn’t it like their responsibility to always check if it’s okay first?”

My father quickly exchanged looks with mom, “Not in all cases. In this case it wasn’t about an actual real person. I mean, she’s real but she doesn’t exactly have a face. So they’re not obligated to ask for any permission, since it just was a speculation of theirs.”

“But,” mom butted in, “we’ll be expecting some kinds of interviews and questions which we’ll smoothly handle,” She gave me a reassuring smile, “So don’t worry.”

I breathed out. I was in no way suspected and could still stay in the shadows. I just had to be more careful in the future.

I crashed in the couch, relived. Baekhyun soon placed himself next to me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. Once again mom and dad exchanged enthusiastic looks.

“Whelps, what are you guys up to now?” dad then asked. I lightly shrugged and he continued, “I was actually wondering of renting a theme park next Friday night… For the SM artists to enjoy!”

Instantly our eyes shone up, “Really?” Chanyeol asked and my dad nodded.

“I think ya’ll deserve it after working this hard the entire year.”

“Omo! Thank you appa!” I cheered and threw myself around his neck.

“Yeah, whatever,” he waved it away, “but I’m a little busy right now. Could maybe you guys make the reservations?”

The three of us nodded and skipped out.

 

* * *

 

One hour later we were at a small bubble teashop with the reservation done. Baekhyun and Chanyeol wore hoodies and shades, trying to blend. It was a good thing the shop almost didn’t have any costumers at all that day.

“How’d the date go?” Chanyeol then innocently asked. I blushed slightly and Baekhyun awkwardly laughed.

“What date…” he said scratching his neck, “You just suddenly left.”

“Aw, come on!” Chanyeol mused and nudged his arm, “Don’t be so shy! I know you both liked it. Well, you can thank me later.”

Baekhyun discreetly scooted closer to me and for some reason my heart started to skip beats.

I smiled, blushing, “I need to use the restroom,” I then said and excused myself.

While on the restroom I splashed my face with water, trying to calm myself down. I don’t know why but my heart had suddenly begun to race and I felt flustered out of nowhere.

Did he seriously have that effect on me?

I suddenly heard a giggle and moved my gaze. A cute girl in about my age stood in the doorway out of one cubicle with her eyes on me amused. I watched her as she moved closer and put on the water.

“Which one of them is it?” she then asked and I blinked at her.

“What?” I asked dumbly.

“Which one of them do you like? The one who scooted closer or the other one?” she then grew even more excited, “Or OMG, don’t tell me I just witnessed a love triangle?”

Still not sure what to reply, due to that she had just taken me by surprise with randomly staring a conversation I just continued to blink at her.

“None of it…?” I then tried the answer. Sounded kind of vague even in my ears and I made a face. She just smiled at me.

“I’m Sun Mo. Lee Sun Mo,” she then said and stretched out a hand. I hesitantly shook it.

“Kim Soo-na,” I replied, still kind of new with the feeling of a stranger conversing with me. She once again smiled, “I’m gonna let you go out to your friends, or lovers or what your relationship may be with them. It was nice meeting you.”

I lightly nodded with an awkward smile and left, “Nice meeting you too.”

“Soo-na,” Baekhyun welcomed me when I got back with a laugh, “did you know that if you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would’ve produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee?”

“I didn’t know that!” I hesitantly asked. That’s such a weird thing to say, “But please, don’t try it.”

“Did you also know that rats and horses can’t vomit?” Chanyeol then asked. I skeptically looked at him.

“No?”

“No, me neither. You see, you learn something every day!”

“Yeah…”

Okay, not random at all…

“Shall we go?” I then asked and they nodded.

“How about we continue practicing Peter pan?” Baekhyun suggested and I nodded with a deep sigh.

I guess I have no choice. 

 

* * *

Hope you're all allright! 

Comment! ^^ <3