. XII

Expose me

Last night I was supposed to get some help from EXO, but after Baekhyun’s small argue I had just left, mad and slightly hurt. And today I had to make a decision and tell Mrs. Choi.

But thanks to Baekhyun I couldn’t think about anything but him and how annoyed I was for the entire night. How could he say that to me? Didn’t he care at all about how I felt?

He had sent me a text late that night, but I didn’t care to check it. If he wanted to apologize he could just come here himself and do so. But I did not want to talk to him.

Though, still I needed something to preform.

While walking to the bus I saw Hongbin and called for him. He turned around and smiled.

“Hongbin, I don’t know what to do! I have nothing!” I cried.

“Why didn’t you call me then?” he muttered, “I waited.”

“I kind of got into a fight with Baekhyun yesterday and…”

“So you rather wanted his help? Couldn’t you just have said so then? I waited until like midnight for you to call me,” he snapped and I froze for a moment, just looking at him.

What was happening? Was he mad at me too?

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know you would—“

“Just forget it. I hope you got better help from him.”

The bus came and he went on without waiting for me. In the last minute I remembered too to get on and saw that Hongbin had placed himself next to someone else.

I sighed and decided to stand up. This morning did not start off well.

 

“Oh, Soo-na, was that you? Sorry, I thought you were a guy,” some girls I’m not even sure go to my class greeted when I stepped out of the bus.

“Have you finally given up on dressing up for school now? Or is that hideous face actually your make up-ed face?”

They laughed and I just kept walking. Hongbin walked to feet away from me, so I knew he had heard.

“Did your little -toy finally realize what a disgusting piece of you are and leave you? Have to say, he actually stuck with you surprisingly long.”

I swallowed down my tears that started to build up.

Not today please, of all days.

I quickly hurried the last meters of schoolyard and begun to run in the hallways. When I finally reached the bathrooms I locked myself into a booth and let my threatening tears come. They rushed down my cheeks as I fought for air.

I just wanted to call Baekhyun. I wanted him to be here and hold me and say that all the evil would go away. That it’d be alright, that I’d be alright.

But he was mad at he, and Hongbin was mad at me. Why did the bullies always have to pick the days you were the most vulnerable on?

I cried a little more, for all the other days of this year and all the nasty comments I had gotten. And the ones that were to come.

I didn’t want to have it like this anymore. I wanted to be me and have friends and not feel like this.

But most of all, I just wanted Baekhyun.

I decided to finally check his text and took out my phone.

 

From: Bernard

I’m so sorry Soo-na. I never though about your feelings. Can we talk? Please.

 

His words just made me tear up again. Why did he have to mean so much to me? What’s so special about him that makes me feel the way I feel?

I called him, I had to hear his voice. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to go out again.

“Soo-na?” he sounded worried and I had to swallow really hard and many times until I had pulled some of my together again.

“H-Hi,” I said, rather proud that my voice didn’t sound more shaky than it did. Though, he saw right through it.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and that was it again. I was a hormonal damn mess and my tears flowed down again. He knew me too well to know that something was wrong.

He just sat on the other line, silent, while I cried in his ear.

“Baekhyun, I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry,” I then managed to blur out, “I don’t want to fight with you anymore. Can you say you forgive me?”

“Who hurt you?” he ignored me and asked with a almost dangerous tone.

“Please say you forgive me,” I pleaded while crying. His voice was also shaking and he sighed.

“Of course I forgive you, Soo-na, as long as you forgive me. Now tell me who hurt you!”

Hearing him say that I whipped my tears, “Thank you Baekhyun. We’ll talk more later, I gotta go.”

“Wait! Soo-na, WAIT-“ he yelled but I hung up and pressed the phone against my chest while pulling myself together again. I took a few deep breaths until I stepped out of the booth. No one was here, everyone was at class.

I took a look in the mirror. My eyes were read and puffy and I looked similar to the way I felt inside. Like a freaking mess.

I splashed some water to my face and took a moment by the sink. I had to go out and face them. And now Baekhyun had given me some courage again.

 

I walked the hallway on shaky legs, preparing myself of what to say to Mrs. Choi.

“Ah, Soo-na, late are we?” she asked when I entered. She could probably hint from my eyes that I had cried, ‘cause she narrowed her eyes at me and then sighed. I just apologized and quietly took my seat.

All my classmates eyes were on me the whole time and I could hear them quietly whisper to each other. My desk neighbor mockingly smirked at me and snorted.

“Aw, did we make you cry? No one there to dry your tears? I heard Hongbin left you,” she whispered while pinching my neck, which only looked like she patted me.

I had to swallow hard not to cry again. Actually, my sadness had more like turned to anger. The swallow was to stop myself from not spitting it in her face along with a long scold.

“We’ll talk later,” Mrs. Choi said and kept our eyes locked until I gave her a small nod.

 

“Wanna tell me what all that before was?” she asked me three hours later with crossed arms and a steady look. When I didn’t say anything she continued, “Soo-na, are you bullied?”

Like every other student who gets this question, I firmly shook my head in denial. That would just make things worse. Mrs. Choi sighed.

“Then what? You were late to class, so it is my business, plus you’re my student so I have a responsibility.”

“I had just fought with Baekhyun,” I said and kept my head down. She slowly nodded.

“Please solve it quickly. I can’t have that effecting your grades.”

I once again nodded and she moved on, “Now, what have you decided to preform at the talent show?”

I swallowed. My only card to play was to sing, at least in such a short notice, since I hadn’t got any help yesterday.

“I want to sing,” I said. A smile appeared on Mrs. Choi’s lips.

“That sounds wonderful! Have you decided what song?”

“Um..-“

“How about that Peter Pan song by EXO? It’s not too hard and not too long and they can help you practice?”

I gave her an unsure look at first, but then I reminded myself that I didn’t have so many options.

“Yeah, sure,” I murmured.

“Good! Now, hop along to next class!”

I nodded and begun to walk towards the door. When I was just about to leave she called my name again and I turned around. She had a serious look on her face, “You can talk to me, you know,” she said. I once again nodded before turning around and leaving.

 

Mid-class half an hour later my phone buzzed. Lucky me my ringtone was off so I just felt some tickling. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was Suho.

He never called during class.

I slowly got up from my seat and excused myself for bathroom. Finally outside I picked up.

“Suho? What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? I should be the one asking you! What’s happening? What’d you say to Baekhyun?”

“Nothing …” I said, not wanting to cause drama.

“Doesn’t seem like nothing! He’s tried to leave the studio about five times now, and we really have to get this commercial done today. Are you hurt?”

“No, I’m not hurt… Tell Baekhyun I’m fine and that he have to focus.”

Suho chuckled lightly, “It’s kind of fun actually because the camera men has tried to make him run while smiling for a few hours now, but the only direction he’s running in is towards the door.”

I smiled a little, knowing Baekhyun really cared for me, “Tell him to stay professional.”

“Yeah,” Suho suddenly got serious, “Please, Soo-na, can’t you come? I’d feel more secure that you’re fine and I’m sure as hell Baekhyun would too.”

“I’ll be there after school.”

“Okay… Are you sure you’ll be alright?”

I nodded, mostly to myself since he couldn’t see it, “Yeah. I have to go now. Thank you.”

“Bye. Call if you get any trouble.”

“Yea,” I hug up and went back to class. Luckily the day went on pretty fast after that. Hongbin kept avoiding me and I honestly avoided him too. Didn’t feel like making up with anybody today. Except for Baekhyun.

When school ringed out I was almost first to leave. I took the bus into the studio I knew they recorded in where I was met by Tao.

“Look!” he said and held up a chocolate bar in my face, “I heard you were feeling down, and I read in a magazine once that you should always buy chocolate to a girls who’s feeling down.”

I thankfully took it and tasted, “Thank you Tao,” I moaned by the taste. He just grinned at me. God, why do chocolate always make you feel better in a way?

Since Tao was very good at minding his own business and just being there as support he didn’t ask any questions. He waited until I would voluntarily talk, if I wanted to.

Instead I asked, “How’s it going?”

“Everyone’s finished except for Baekhyun. They decided to wait with him until he had gotten over himself.”

I nodded, “Where is he?”

“Over there,” Tao said pointing out the direction for me. I headed over there, nervous for what might happen, and found him in the couch checking his phone. Suddenly I felt my own phone vibrate in my pocket and took it up to check.

 

From: Bernard

Where the heck are you?! School has finished 23 minutes ago, you’re supposed to be here by now! Has anything happened?

 

I smiled a little at the text, “I am here,” I then said and placed myself in the couch next to him. Before I knew it he had thrown himself on me and hugged me tighter than what was healthy. After a while when he loosened the grip a little I was able to hug him back.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, “I’m so sorry!”

“I’m sorry too!” I said while hugging him.

“No, don’t be. I’m childish and a jerk and you defiantly don’t have to call me oppa! It’s all my fault!”

I just hugged him, I didn’t know what to say, so he spoke up again instead, “Will you forgive me?”

“I have already forgiven you. Will you me?”

He nodded.

“Aaaaaaaawww!” someone then sighed, “You guys are adorable.”

Chen took up his phone and snapped a photo, I swear, those guys are making a collection.

Baekhyun and I then realized what an awkward position we were in; me laying on the couch with him on top of me while we hug the life out of each other. Baekhyun gracefully rolled off while a staff informed him that it was his turn.

When he had left Jongdae helped me up, “Come on, I need you for something.”

He placed me in front of the runway Baekhyun would run in a few seconds.

“Stay here and smile, ok?” Jongdae said and I confused did as he said. The cameras begun to roll and Baekhyun came running towards me. He had his eyes focused on something behind the cameras while running with a fake smile on.

“CUT!” the director the yelled, “Baekhyun-ssi, your smile isn’t real. Think about you mom or your fans or whatever that makes you happy.”

Baekhyun bowed and went back to his starting place when our eyes met. I smiled a little at him and gave him a reassuring nod. He just stared blankly at me and then the cameras begun to roll.

Why is he just standing there? My smile disappeared and was replaced with a confused expression.

Slowly his face lid up again and he begun to run towards me. When the director yelled out the ‘cut’ he didn’t stop but kept running towards me and didn’t stop until he was in front of me.

“Perfect! Great, we can all finally go home!” I heard the director coo in the background, but all I could focus on was Baekhyun. He panted slightly form all the running, but he still looked absolutely stunning.

He then suddenly laced out hands together and I felt a warm feeling in my gut, “Wanna go see a movie with me?” he asked and I nodded. It was a date!

 

* * *

Double update, since it's my birthday! Enjoy you guys and remember to comment and subscribe! ^^ 

Love ya'll