. X

Expose me

“He said his name was Hongbin?” Baekhyun asked as he sipped his bubble tea. Today we were trying this thing called: YOLO, and went to a bubble teashop, in public.

Don’t worry, I’m not completely out of my mind –at least not more than usual-, Baekhyun is wearing a hoodie and shades. He’s such a chameleon.

I nodded, “Yeah. And he said he wouldn’t tell anyone? Isn’t this strange?”

“Maybe he likes you,” Baekhyun muttered and I snorted.

“Yeah, since I’m so popular and loved by everyone. I mean, have you even seen my looks?” I flipped my hair.

“Everyone who really knows you love you,” he insisted and I had to fight a blush.

“Whatever, I just find it strange. He should bully me, everyone else does. And he can’t really go against the whole school, then he’ll be bullied to.”

Baekhyun thought about it and nodded, then it hit him, “He’s probably a fan of me.”

“Can you be serious for one moment?” I tiredly asked, slightly annoyed and hit his head. Baekhyun sighed, sorry his attempt of joking me into good mood failed.

“Just wait him out. If he tells anyone you can just deny it and then come to us. No one will believe it that easily anyways, it’s not like he took any pictures.”

I nodded while resting my eyes on Baekhyun. Even with hoodie and shades he looked charming. Not to mention extremely y.

“You’re right. Nothing’s happened yet. Maybe he’s just bored,” I said while standing up, “Are you finished?”

Baekhyun sipped the last sip up and ran after me, “You sure he doesn’t like you?”

“A hundred percent.”

 

“Hey honey,” mom greeted me when I entered the door, “how was your date?”

“It wasn’t a date, mom. I’m going upstairs.”

“Wait, wait,” she hurried out of the kitchen, “a friend of yours stopped by. I told him to wait in your room. What’s his name again…?”

My eyes widened. It wasn’t often kpop artist managed to spare enough time to visit me. Wonder who it is.

I ran up the stairs before mom was done thinking of his name and entered my room. Like I said, it isn’t often kpop artists manage to spare time. Today wasn’t an exception.

On my bed sat not a kpop artist, but Hongbin. I frowned at him.

“Did mom let you in?”

“Yeah,” he said casually, kicking him further in on the bed, “She’s nice. Oh, and if she asks, I’m B.A.P’s Himchan.”

I snorted, “You look nothing like Himchan, though.”

Hongbin gave me and interested look, “And of course you know what he looks like irl.”

“Yeah, I’m a girl, you know. Fangirling over boy groups is kind of what I live for,” I defended.

He formed an O with his lips, “So it has nothing to do with you being the daughter of Kim Young-min, the CEO of SM entertainment, huh?”

Crap.

“Where did you get that information?”

Hongbin chuckled, “Don’t deny it. Your father told me. And my meeting with Baekhyun hyung this morning isn’t really to your benefit.”

I took a deep breath, “What do you want Hongbin? I deal with enough crap in school, I really need my home to be a safe zone.”

“Can’t I just be your friend?” he asked and either he was a damn good actor or he actually meant it. His voice sounded so sincere and his steady eyes just made me unsure what to believe.

“Why? No one else want to? Why would you risk being where I am, too?” I asked and placed myself next to him. I really didn’t get him and the feeling of soon regretting ever to trust him never left me.

“Why not? I think you’re cool,” he hit my arm lightly to ease the tension a little.

“Because I’m a girl with a powerful father?”

“Na, I liked you even before when all you was, was a bullied scared little girl.”

I snorted, “Sure you did. And for your information, I’m not little. In fact, I even think I’m older than you.”

He just smiled, then he took a breath, “So she told me you were on a date.”

“Why? How much did you get out of one talk with her? My whole life story, eh?”

He smiled again and shook his head, “I didn’t know Baekhyun dated again. What’ll his fans say?”

“Nothing, ‘cause you won’t tell anyone. And by the way, we’re not dating. We’re just… friends.”

“So you’re available?” he asked, earning a smack on his head, “But seriously, it’s kind of cool.”

“What?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“How your father still manage to hide you after seventeen years,” he gave me an amazed look.

I looked down, “He isn’t hiding me. All he manages is to follow my requests and not convince me to go out with it. He, just like everyone else I know has tried all my life. Latest yesterday he sat up an entire plan just to make me taste the feel and hopefully convince me.”

“And?”

“And I still want to stay in the shadows,” I shrugged, “I like getting to know the showbiz people and getting all the benefits that come with it, without actually being famous myself. I know it’s selfish, but I don’t want the attention.”

“Wow… Yupp, that’s really selfish. Sounds like a dream for many girls.”

I smiled a little. Yeah, I was living the dream… It may seem.

“Though, there is one thing I really don’t get…” Hongbin said and I looked at him, “With a few words you could change everyone’s thoughts of you, yet you stay bullied. You could just say the CEO is your uncle or something?”

“Yeah, I could, but it won’t work that way,” I sighed. Why is everyone talking with me about this? I don’t even know him and here I am spilling all my thoughts and problems to him. This won’t do.

“I actually don’t want to talk about it. It’s my decision, please don’t try to convince me.”

“But…”

“You said you wanted to be my friend, please be then.”

He shut up and just stared at me, “I am,” he then mumbled under his breath and stood up, “I think I’ll leave now.”

I nodded while covering my face with my hands. God, I was tired.

“See you at school,” he said and left. I didn’t respond, I just nodded and looked at him. He was one odd person.

“Himchan?” I heard my mother say from downstairs and snorted, “You’re already leaving? I’ve made dinner enough for you too though.”

“It’s fins Mrs. Kim, mom wanted me to eat home.”

He’s polite.

“Oh, ok. Good bye then.”

When I heard the door slam I quickly took up my laptop and opened it. I googled: Hongbin.

What could his last name be? A memory flashed in my subconscious. Park? It sounded right, somehow.

I tapped in Park Hongbin and some pictures of him popped up. Yup, this was him. I cracked my fingers and rolled my neck and then begun. Let’s see here…

Okay… Athlete… Regional champion in billiards… bla bla bla… boring… boring… Prefers strawberry milk, bla, likes his coffee hot… went to hospital once… bla bla, why is there so much information about him? I then froze.

Youngest son of JYP founder Park Jin-Young.

What. The. Actual. .

I read it again. Nope, the words are still there. There were even some pictures with the whole family together. How come no one talks about this in school? It’s huge!

Other memories then flashed in my head. Damn. I even think we’ve met.

I quickly reached for my phone and scrolled through my contacts. Well, am I an idiot or am I?

Park Hongbin.

I clicked his name and tapped in a text.

 

To: Park Hongbin

WHY THE DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!?!?!?

 

Yeah, I think that’ll do.

It didn’t take long until he responded.

 

From: Park Hongbin

So you finally googled me? Have to say it took longer than I thought…

 

Me: You’re an idiot.

 

Him: It’s hilarious. Just watching you struggle whether to trust me or not were just more than hilarious. Btw, I don’t really think you’re in position of calling anyone an idiot right now.

 

Me: you.

 

How could I forget Hongbin? We spent like one week together five years ago because both out fathers were busy working. We had a blast. And we’ve met on parties later too.

This is just weird.

 

Mom then knocked on my door, “Hey girl.”

“Hey mom,” I smiled.

“Handsome one, the one who left. I understand why he’s an idol… Hey, didn’t he say he was from B.A.P?” I nodded, “Isn’t that the group with that Daehyun or whatever his name was who you crushed on for like three years?”

I laughed and nodded, “Yeah, it is! Though, he’s not really an idol. He’s just a boy from school.”

Mom raised her brows, “Wow! A friend from school? That’s new!”

I smiled and nodded, “Yeah… Hey mom… Do you remember Hongbin?”

“Hongbin? Jin-Young’s son?” she asked and I once again nodded, “Sure I do! He was a nice kid. It was way too long since last time! What was it… like…”

“Five years?” I helped her.

“Already five years?! Crap! We should invite them for dinner!”

“Yeah, that would be great! I don’t think they live too far away…”

“Really? I’ll talk to your dad about it. You should pack.”

I nodded and she ruffed my hair and left. Right when she had closed the door I flipped myself onto stomach and called Baekhyun. I really had to talk to him now.

 

Now what do you pack for like three days in Shanghai? All I’ll be doing is being backstage and watch the rehearsals. Oh yeah, and Tao wanted to take me on a tour in town.

My stomach fluttered a little when I though about sharing room with Baekhyun. We’ll be spending quite a lot of time together. Earlier he had just laughed at me when I told him about Hongbin. That little .

 

Next day in school Hongbin came up from behind, “Hey,” he said.

I half-smiled at him, “Hey…”

It was awkward for a moment then he opened his mouth again, “So maybe we could do homework together this Friday?”

“Um… Suho usually help me with the homework…” I could see Hongbin’s face fall, “But sure! This time I’ll make an exception.”

He instantly smiled again, “Great!” he begun to walk me to class, and people stared, “Actually, I once made and IQ test with Suho hyung and I won. So basically, I’m smarter than him,” Hongbin confessed.

I chuckled lightly, “I’m not saying he’s smart! The guy looses s every once a week when they’re out. He’s just patient with me.”

“We’ll work it out…”

I shyly looked up at him, “People are staring, you know…”

“So?” he asked, walking a little bit closer.

I stopped, “So, are you sure you want to do this? I understand if you don’t want to risk it.”

Hongbin looked into my eyes for a while, “I don’t care about them. They won’t bully me, and they wouldn’t bully you either if you just told them who you are. But to answer your question, yes. I want to risk it. You’re a cool girl and a nice friend which I remember I used to have very much fun with.” He smiled a little. I melted a little on the inside. This was the first time someone had said they truthfully wanted to hang with me.

“Thank you,” I smiled. He shrugged it off.

“Now, I’ll follow you to class.”

 

It was a quite nice day. Of course people threw comments and asked nasty questions about Hongbin and I during the lessons, when he wasn’t around, but they pretty much left me alone on free periods. That was all due to Hongbin never left my side but it was nice. And it was nice having someone to talk to too. This was my first time having a friend in school.

I had plans with Baekhyun later today and hurried therefor home after school to get ready. We would probably just hang out at the dorm, but anyways. I still wanted to look nice.

I was a perfect day, after all.

 

* * *

Kinda short update, but I felt like it was time now. School's started and there's really much to do. It's like first week and we're already getting loads of homework. So, what I'm trying to say is that I'll try to update as soon as I've got time, but school comes first. It's my final year in grade school, so I really have to try focus on school... (Hehe, who am I kidding) Anyways, that's how it is. Thanks though for reading! 

Subscribe and upvote! 

And don't forget to comment! I'm in love with comments!

Love ya'll. Me out!