. XIIII

Expose me

 

Everyone talked about the article in school. I was walking in the hallways when suddenly Hongbin sneaked up on me.

“It’s you, right?” he asked.

“Oh, so we’re talking now?” I dryly responded without earning him a glance.

“Look, I’m sorry,” he said and stopped me by taking my elbow. I stopped and turned to face him so he continued, “I went a little overboard and I shouldn’t have got pissed. You never promised to call me, so I have no rights to be upset.”

I slowly nodded, starting to forgive him.

“And I should’ve defended you when I heard them bully you. I was a total and I’m sorry for that too.”

I still nodded, “I forgive you,” I then said.

“Thank you,” he breathed and threw his arms around me before I got the chance to avoid it. I quickly released myself from him and looked around. People were already staring.

“I’m sorry too,” I then said, “And thank you for waiting for my call.”

“Na, it’s fine! Change of subject, your mom called my mom the other day. They are apparently planning some dinner.”

“Really?” I asked as we begun to walk towards next class. Hongbin nodded.

“To revive old times or something… I don’t know, I just know we’re supposed to come over to you next Friday.”

“Cool,” I said with a smile.

Hongbin too smiled, “Wellps, looks like we’re at my stop,” he said then.

“Yeah. See you at lunch?”

He nodded and went in and I quickly headed over to my own class.

 

“Soo-na,” Mrs. Choi waved me to her, “how’s the rehearsals going?”

I shrugged, “I’m just about to ban the song from any record and set the sheets on fire, but it’s going alright I guess.”

She amusingly smiled, “That’s good. And you’re getting help?”

“Yeah, sure. But he’s mostly there to calm my nerves.”

She once again smiled, then she got a little bit more serious, “What are you planning for the rap part though? I assume you don’t want anyone of EXO’s rappers to rap and I have a feeling you don’t want any classmate to rap either.”

“No,” I simply stated, “Can’t it just play in the background?”

“I guess…” she said, “But isn’t that a little boring? I’ve seen you’ve been hanging out with that Hongbin lately? He could maybe help you?”

“No, I think playing the rap in the background will do just fine. I mean, it’s not like I have to impress them or anything.”

Mrs. Choi slowly nodded, “I guess…” she said once again. Then something hit her, “Do you think… Do you think you could get Baekhyun to the school some day or that I could meet him?”

“Why?” I didn’t want to sound rude or anything, but seriously, it was kind of an odd question asked by a teacher.

She smiled though, “I want to hear the two of you together.”

I frowned, “I don’t think that’ll be possible. I mean, it’s a way to big risk bringing him to school.”

She nodded understandingly, “I see.”

 

Later that day I got a very strange text.

 

From: Anonymous

Hi~ ^^ <3

 

I stared at it. What the actual ?

I didn’t bother replying since I just though it was spam or something. Though, one hour later my phone plinked again.

 

From: Anonymous

Is this the right number? I searched Kim Soo-na, Seoul. This is the third number I’ve tried now. Please, let it be you~

We met on the ladies bathroom! ^^

 

I frowned. No, that can’t be— It is me.

I facepalmed and wondered why she had bothered looking me up. Had we shared such a rare moment? Or had she maybe recognized Baekhyun or Chanyeol? Should I reply?

Deciding to think about it I tossed the phone onto my bed and headed down to eat. I couldn’t help to find it a little bit strange that she had looked me up.

My mom studied me when I got down and tsk-ed to herself. I stared at her with slightly hurt eyes and asked her, “What?”

“Have you seen yourself? I’ve begun to wonder if spending so much time with guys is slowly turning you into one too. Ever heard of makeup?”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m sorry I didn’t dress up more fancy for dinner, mother. Should I go fix that right away?”

She smiled and placed a scoop of mashed potatoes on my plate, “I’m just saying that maybe you should consider a girls night soon. Spend some time with female friends and chat about clothes, boys or whatever.”

I once again rolled my eyes, “Guys have a sense of fashion too, you know.”

“That’s not what I meant,” she gave me a look. I sighed. My first female friends in thought were Girl’s Generation, and they were in Tokyo. Plus, I wouldn’t feel so comfortable discussing my feelings for Baekhyun with Taeyeon around.

“You should consider getting some normal friends too. It’s not easy just having celebrity friends and still not be one yourself. It always has to be on some conditions.”

“Wow,” I said, avoiding what she said, “There are a lot of things I should consider these days.”

“I know! Tough life you have! You should also consider eating your food before it gets cold.”

I snickered but begun to stuff my face.

 

Later when I got back to my room I had decided. I would reply her despite not knowing her intentions.

 

To: Lee Sun Mo

Hi. It’s me.

 

Two hours later I had found out a hell lot about her. Apparently –or well, it was kind of obvious since our first meeting- she was very forward and social. Which was sort of good, considering I wasn’t. I was wondering if maybe she was just desperate for friends or something. From what I got she didn’t hint in any way that she had recognized Baekhyun or Chanyeol the other day. She was just genuinely friendly.

Just then I got another text.

 

From: Hongbin 

Hey. What are you doing?

 

To: Hongbin

Nothing, you?

 

From: Hongbin

Feel like taking a walk. Care to join?

 

I replied a quick ‘sure’ and went to get my jacket and in the same time informing my mother that I was leaving. She rushed to the door to stare at me.

“You’re going out? Alone? In the dark?”

“No, I’m meeting with a friend,” I casually said while slipping my shoes on. She continued to stare at me, “Don’t worry. He’s a nice guy!”

“I’m more worried about Baekhyun. You’re not cheating on him, are you?”

“I can’t cheat on Baekhyun, dear mother. We’re not together. I’m free to see anyone I want.”

She was left tongue-tied and with an uneasy expression, so I just snickered, “Though, you really don’t have to worry. Hongbin’s just a friend.”

Her eyes widened in realization, “You’re meeting Hongbin?”

I vaguely smiled, “Yeah.”

“Are you two friends? I thought you hadn’t seen each other since kindergarten.”

“No, we go to the same school,” I explained.

“Wow,” she amazed, “I didn’t know that. That’s good though. Then you have a friend at school.”

I nodded, “You’ve met him though,” I then mumbled.

“I still don’t want you to cheat on Baekhyun with him.”

I smiled it away, “No mom.”

“Good! Btw, they’ll be coming over next Friday!” she then said.

“I know,” I said before exiting the door and closing it behind me.

 

* * *

 

“So you’re going to sing Peter Pan? Why?” Hongbin asked and I shrugged.

“It just happened that way…”

“Do you have to sing one of their songs?” he muttered. He’s not good at hiding jealousy.

“I guess I don’t have to, but it’s easier this way. Now they can help me practice.”

“Hum,” was all he replied.

“What are you guys doing anyways? It’s not like our class’s the only class doing something.”

“No, we’re doing arts to impress them. Cool, huh?” he wiggled his brows sarcastically. I snickered.

“Yeah, sure,” we reached my home again, “See you tomorrow.”

Hongbin nodded, “Yeah, see ya! And thanks for the walk.”

“Any time,” I winked before walking the steps up.

Then the door went open and my father came out. He stopped in his tracks and looked at us surprised.

“Soo-na, Hongbin,” he said.

“Hi dad, where are you going?”

“I…um, I had some troubles at the company.”

He hurried past us, but then stopped again, “Actually Soo-na, can you come with me? Maybe you’ll be useful to calm someone down…We’ll drop Hongbin off on the way.”

Calm someone down? I realized it was rather serious if dad asked me to come with him 9.30 p.m. on a Monday night so just nodded and placed myself in the car, with Hongbin following.

“Is there a big problem, sir?” Hongbin nicely asked, “Do you need any help?”

I gave Hongbin a thankful smile, but my father just shook his head, “Thanks, but no thank you.”

“Okay,” Hongbin said, “But just call my father if you need anything. He’ll gladly help.”

“Thank you,” my father said once again just as we stopped outside his house.

“Good night, Hongbin,” I said as he exited.

“Good night,” he replied.

* * *

My father and I entered the company twenty minutes later where all the SM artists were waiting and worryingly chatting.

“Sir,” Siwon and a staff came up to dad and gave me a quick nod as greeting. I wasn’t sure whether I should listen to their conversation or no, so I just stayed behind.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to find Changmin. He gave me a quick hug before leading me away.

“What’s going on?” I asked while looking around. Something was obviously out of order, why else would they all gather here? Not to mention everyone’s frantic chatter.

He had led me to the other side of the building where the most of the artists were. Before Changmin was able to respond I could hear sirens outside and not long after policemen ran into the building. My blood froze.

What’s happening? What the is going on?

Has something that bad happened?

Something then hit me and my eyes begun to roam around in fear.

I can’t find Baekhyun. Where’s Baekhyun.

“Changmin,” I almost yelled and turned around while grabbing him for support, “what’s going on?!”

 

* * * 


 

OMGGGG! What's going on?? 

Keke. 

Sorry it took so long witht the update, I've just been really busy since school started. Hope you liked the chapter, there will be another one soon, (depending on the comments XD) 

Love ya'll! 

Annyeong. ^^