. VI

Expose me

“How did you come to the conclusion that this was a good idea?” I asked Suho as we stood in front of the club where Taeyang held his birthday party.

“You need some fun and everyone’s already here,” Suho insisted while dragging me with him.

“Are you aware of the paparazzi outside? It’s like a hundred cameras here.”

“Why do you think I got you the staff shirt and the cap?” he retorted while placing a black cap on my head. I sighed, knowing I wasn’t going to win this argue. Well, here goes everything.

“Look! It’s EXO’s Suho! He’s coming alone.”

“Suho-ssi, why were you late? What was on your schedule today?”

“Suho-ssi, any words for Taeyang?”

“What does a star buy another star for birthday present?”

“Please give us some words about your upcoming album…”

The questions just kept coming. I know it’s my task here as ‘manager’ –because of the shirt- to protect him and tell the paparazzi to off, but I just kept my head low while Suho escorted me through the crowd, instead of the other way around.

“What can you say about Baekhyun’s dating life? Who was that girl the other night?” a reporter then asked with a slug smirk. That picture wasn’t supposed to get out. I thought my dad had dealt with it.

The other reporters curiously looked at the one who had spoke. I could hear Suho curse under his breath and then whispered to me, “go inside. Tell the guards you’re with me, if they won’t let you through, just wait,” and so he left my side and stepped in to the crowd of reporters.

“Baekhyun are not dating again,” he said, “the girl the other day was a friend.”

“Why were they out in the middle of the night? Wearing couple clothes?” the reporter insisted which drew the others interest. This was some news for them too –and they wanted to get every little detail.

“I can’t answer any more questions,” Suho then said, but the reporters just kept shooting questions at him. I realized he had made a mistake going in there. I took a deep breath and did what any manager would have done. I stepped into the crowd.

“MOVE ASIDE,” I screamed and went straight ahead to Suho, “what are you doing? You don’t have to defend me,” I then whispered to him.

I then dragged him out of the crowd and turned to them.

“What are you doing?” I heard Suho gasp behind me.

“There are no questions needed about Baekhyun and the girl the other night. If there would be anything important for the press to know, there will be held a press conference by my fath- by the president. If not, we won’t give out any personal information about our idols.”

And so I turned around again, let out a breath, and went inside with Suho. He stared at me in awe.

“That was impressive,” he said, “but aren’t you afraid they’ll expose you?”

“No one ever mention the staff’s name and I don’t think any photos were taken. At least none interesting. I kept the cap on.”

He smiled, “You’re brave.”

“I hope they at least got my words though,” I giggled. Suho just smiled at me.

 

Inside the party was all started and the club was packed with idols and actors. Those I weren’t scared of. All of them knew the feeling of wanting to protect their personal life, so I believed no one would tell about me.

“Soo-na!” someone called and I turned around to see B.A.P’s Daehyun. He smiled at me, sweaty from all the dancing. Although, that didn’t stop him from hugging me.

“Why haven’t you called?” he screamed in my ear to drown out the music, “I missed you! We all missed you!”

“Sorry,” I screamed back, “I’ve just been kind of busy!”

“It’s fine! Wanna dance?”

I nodded, “Sure!”

He dragged me to the dance floor and we danced around each other for a while, having the time of our lives. I had met B.A.P for the first time two years ago when SHINee and them were on the same show and we soon became great friends. They let me come with them to Japan last year and spend the summer with them.

Then the music stopped and Taeyang appeared on a small stage-alike thing in the front.

“Are you having a good time?” he asked and we all screamed a ‘yes’, “That’s good. Hey, I just wanted to thank you all for coming and I’ll try to go around and talk to ya’ll, but there’s just so damn much people here!” he said and everyone laughed along with him, “Anyways, thank you. And right there I see Daehyun and Soo-na, so I’m gonna dart over there, enjoy guys!”

And like that the music was playing again and soon Taeyang stood in front of us, smiling, “Daehyun! Thank you for coming, man! And Soo-na, little sis! Why do you never visit? Or call? I miss you!”

I blushed a little, “Happy birthday!”

He hugged the both of us in a group hug, “Take care guys, and call! Both of you! Just because I’m 27 doesn’t it mean I still can’t hang out with babies like you, right?” he brushed out hair’s and then left, “Oh yeah, and thank you for coming. Love you!”

I smiled at him. He was obviously already a little tipsy.

“I gotta go find the others,” Daehyun screamed in my ear.

“Okay! I have to find Suho again, don’t know where he went,” I screamed back and Daehyun nodded.

“See you later!”

 

It wasn’t hard finding Suho. He was where the rest of EXO were. Well, except for some of them who was dancing.

“Soo-na! Where’d you go?” he asked me.

“Sorry, Daehyun wanted to dance.”

“So you’re warm up?” Sehun then yelled and dragged me with him, back to the dance floor. I laughed while he moved his body in different moves. After a while I begun to dance as well and we laughed along with each other. Suho was right, I definitely needed this.

Then I saw a glimpse of Baekhyun and excused myself, which Sehun didn’t seem to bother at all, he just grabbed Luhan whom were dancing close by instead.

“Baekhyun!” I yelled, “Yah, Baekhyun!” I reached the bar, but couldn’t see him.

“Looking for me?” I turned around and found him there, smiling at me. Though, this time it was his normal smile.

“Yeah,” I said as I took a seat by the bar. He took the seat next to me, but what I were to say to him flew right out with the ventilator, so I was left there just looking at him.

“Would you like anything?” the bartender then asked and we both turned around. I was just about to reply when,

“No, she’s underage,” Baekhyun responded in my stead and I stared at him. That information was not necessary. The bartender gave me as look as if I’m not supposed to be here, but I just ignored him.

“Water then,” I muttered, which made Baekhyun laugh.

“You’re so cute!” he smiled, but I didn’t look at him.

 My heart is racing again.

I shyly glanced at him. Why did he just say that?

“Hey Soo-na, wanna go somewhere?” he then leaned closer and asked and suddenly my heart wasn’t just racing, it was beating me to death. I slowly nodded. He probably wanted to tell me something.

“Come,” he said and took my wrist. He led me up a stair and to some rooms. The first one was occupied and we awkwardly apologized to the two persons making out in there. The next one was empty though so he placed me in an armchair and then himself in the one opposite. Then he let out a long breath and leaned back.

“Quiet,” he sighed with closed eyes. Well, it was almost quiet. The music was still playing really loud but whatever. Suddenly Baekhyun got serious and rested his elbows on his knees.

“Soo-na, why didn’t you reply to anyone’s texts?”

I raised my brows. Was this what he wanted to talk about, I didn’t even know he noticed. “I was just kind of busy,” I answered. He narrowed his eyes concerned at me.

“Are you sure? How was school today? Suho told me you were kind of down,” he asked.

I smiled a little, “It was like always…” I hesitated. Should I tell him about the guy?

“But…?” Baekhyun offered, seeing my expression. I couldn’t hide anything from him. Well, I tell him everything otherwise anyways, so why not this.

“It was kind of strange. There was this boy on the bus to school who sat next to me and he actually said hi, he tried to make a conversation,” I said and Baekhyun raised his brows, “And what’s even more strange, during the break he came and sat down next to me and asked me stuff.”

“Stuff like what?” Baekhyun asked suspicious.

“Like if I didn’t like talking and if I was planning on getting some glass fixed…”

It then hit me what glass he was talking about. He saw me dropping my phone and he probably figured it had broke.

“What glass?” Baekhyun asked and I showed him my phone, “Who did this?”

“I did it,” I didn’t want to tell him about the girl, he would be mad, “I accidently dropped it.”

“How would he know that? Did he see you drop it?”

Baekhyun almost started to sound a little… I don’t know… overprotective.

“Yes, he saw when I dropped it.”

“Do you think it was his doing? Maybe he ordered someone…”

“Baekhyun, stop! It’s fine, maybe he was new or something and didn’t know who I was to the other students yet. It’ll be over on Monday. You can relax,” I smiled.

“I don’t like him, though. And I wish you would let me do something,” he crossed his arms.

“I know, but I’m very thankful that I can talk to you about it.”

He smiled a little, which was all it took for me to smile as well. Right then the door flew open and a whole crowd of people made themselves visible in the doorway.

“What are you two doing?” Of course it was Kai asking, “There is a bed you know. Right there,” he pointed at the bed in the corner. Baekhyun threw a cushion at him.

“Yeah, we see it, you idiot,” he snapped,” But the armchairs are comfortable as well. You should try them sometime.”

“Meh, we all know Kai prefers the bed,” Chen said plopping himself down on it. We all laughed as Kai proudly posed in an attempt to look y.

“Anyways,” Kris interrupted, “we were thinking about heading home. This party is getting boring. And everyone’s getting too drunk.”

“Speaking off,” Luhan said referring to the wobbly Sehun in his arms, “he met his childhood girlfriend.”

“Is there anyone who hasn’t been drinking?” I asked. They all gave me innocent looks, until Suho stepped forward.

“I’m teetotaler,” he said.

“Good, then you can drive,” I said as I shoved them out of the room, “Urg, don’t you guys have a show tomorrow?”

“Yeah, why?” Xiumin asked, hiccupping.

“You need to look good! Now, Suho, take K with you and I’ll call someone to come pick M up.”

Suho nodded and took Sehun in his arms, supporting him to the car. Baekhyun then turned around and looked around at his friends.

“Luhan,” he then snapped his fingers, meaning for the older to come. He whispered something to Luhan, whom just nodded and ran after EXO K, taking Sehun away from Suho. After that Baekhyun came walking back to me, smiling. I raised my brows at him.

“What?” he asked, “I don’t trust them,” he pointed at EXO M.

Chen scoffed, putting an arm around Xiumin, “What’s there not to trust about us? We know we’re not allowed to touch her.”

My eyes widened and Baekhyun just hit him, “Moron.”

“Anyways,” Kris cut in, “Soo-na, call whoever you were calling. Tao needs his beauty sleep!”

“Naw, thanks Kris Ge,” Tao said feeling honored.

I smiled briefly at them, fishing out my phone from my pocket.

“Hey, Jong-joon? Hi! Ehm, could you possibly pick us up? Yeah… Um… I don’t know,” I put my phone to my neck and asked the others, “Where are we?”

“At some club!” Tao responded.

“Wow! Thank you! Anyone who can be a little bit more specific?”

“Give me the phone,” Kris said taking it from me, “There’s a reason I’m the leader.”

Kris spoke with Jong-joon for a while, and in the mean time us others just waited. He and Jong-joon seemed to have a lot to talk about… I sighed tiredly and in two seconds Baekhyun was there putting my head to his shoulder. I smiled thankfully at him and do you know what? There were the butterflies again.

Lay looked at us for a while, then he took up his phone and snapped a photo, “You two are cute,” he said. The sudden tiredness that came over me made me too tired to deny it. I just gave him a warning look.

“Ma’ man will be here in ten,” Kris was suddenly back, passing me my phone. I stared at him.

“Your man? That must’ve been one hell of conversation about our location…” I snorted. 

“Yeah? So? We just happened to find each other. Don’t judge.”

“I don’t, Jong-joon is really nice,” I said, getting up, “he’s also been working at the company for two years,” I mumbled to myself.

“Let’s go outside and wait,” Xiumin said, “I need fresh air.”

 

 

“Good night, Soo-na,” EXO M waved as I stepped out of the van outside our gate.

“Good night,” I said back, between yawns. I closed the door behind me and started walking towards the house. Suddenly I heard a car door open and close again and the next second Baekhyun popped up next to me, walking with me. I was to tired to properly react to his sudden action and just looked at him.

“I’m having the day off on Sunday,” he said. I continued looking at him, waiting for something more, “Do you… maybe you want to come with me somewhere?”

I couldn’t help a smile from appearing on my lips as I nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

He, too, smiled, “Great! I’ll call you!”

Suddenly he planted a kiss on my cheek and the seconds after his lips left my skin I was lost and in a complete different universe. Baekhyun’s face turned red and he turned away, to the cheering van ten feet from us.

“Good night,” he mumbled and honestly, I don’t remember if I responded. Somehow I just found myself inside a few minutes later, when the van had disappeared.

What the happened?

Baekhyun kissed my cheek.

Byun ing Baek freakin’ Hyun kissed my damn cheek.

I sighed. I need sleep.

 

* * *

I just went for a two hour long walk with a friend. Guess who's freaking tired? ME! Good night.

Love you guys! Thanks for reading! ^^