. VIII

Expose me

I sighed happily into my pillow and snuggled closer into it, blocking out any other noise. My parents were downstairs doing something and I enjoyed listening to them. It felt like a real family that way.

I turned and faced the window. It was a beautiful day, what should I---

Realization hit me and my stomach suddenly turned into a wild zoo.

Crap, it’s today Baekhyun’s taking me somewhere.

I seriously don’t know why I’m so nervous, I mean, Baekhyun and I have done many things alone. But I fear this might have something to do with the smile and kiss he gave me… Hum… Weird how much a smile can change.

Knock, “Honey?” it was mom. Without any response she happily entered my room and hopped in bed with me.

“Baekhyun’s here, you know,” she said while hugging me good morning from behind. First I panicked and was halfway out of bed when mom pulled me down again, “There’s no hurry. Him and your father are having a talk about boring company-stuff.”

“But mom, I have to get ready.”

“Why? He’ll probably love your morning-face just as much as the rest of you.”

I glared at her, “Stop it. I don’t want you to talk to him about stuff like that.”

“We won’t,” she let go of my waist and I could get out of bed.

“Promise? You’ll just make the situation between us two awkward,” I pleaded.

“I promise,” she said and I sighed while walking into the bathroom.

“Tell him I’ll be there in ten.”

 

Brushing my teeth and washing up in high speed, then getting dressed took around seven minutes. After that I had about three minutes to get my makeup done and fix the hair. Since I actually cared a little I applied some more makeup than usual and then put my hair up into a high ponytail. Finishing the look with a bracelet I happily skipped down the stairs.

I found Baekhyun and my father in the living room, chatting about cars –I know, shocker: Baekhyun know cars-.

“God, I’ve missed having a son to talk to,” dad joked and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder when he saw me coming.

“Ha-ha, very funny,” I said, rolling my eyes, “I bet I know more about cars than Baekhyun ever will.”

Dad played surprised, “Baekhyun oppa, isn’t it?” he teased, “Don’t let her treat you like this son.”

Baekhyun awkwardly laughed, getting redder, “Yeah,” we locked eyes.

“Shall we go?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure,” he quickly answered moving a little further away from my dad, “see you later,” he said and we went to the hall.

“Where are we even going?” I asked.

He only gave me a smile and put on his shoes, “Surprise surprise.”

I groaned, “Urg, you know I hate surprises, just tell me!”

“Don’t worry honey,” mom suddenly butted in, “Knowing Baekhyun, I think you’ll like it.”

“Thank you, eommoni,” he smiled as thank for her support.

“Just take care of her,” she said serious.

“Of course-“

“Moooooooom,” I groaned, “Let’s go Baekhyun.”

“Oppa,” mom added with a blink and Baekhyun once again got red.

“I’LL CALL HIM WHAT I FEEL LIKE CALLING HIM,” I roared and dragged him out the door, “We’re leaving.”

“Have fun. I love you both.”

“Whatever.”

 

Baekhyun took me for a one hour-long car-ride before we stopped outside a supermarket.

“We went an hour by car for grocery shopping?” I asked with raised brows.

“No,” he corrected me, “This is just the first stop. And not many people live here, so it’s great.”

Still not convinced I went into the store with him, which surprisingly was completely empty, “See, what’d I tell you?” he said with an I-told-you-so smile.

“Yeah, yeah. What are we even going to buy?”

“Let’s see here… If you just hold the basket…” he put a red basket in my hands, still holding the other side of it and dragging me into the store.

“Strawberries, grapes, soda… Um, chocolate…” Baekhyun looked around the store, talking to himself while tossing things into the basket. I glanced down.

“You know, someone could mistake this for a romantic picnic…” I tried to say as casually as possible, even though I was kind of screaming of excitement on the inside. Baekhyun slightly blushed before pulling himself together.

“You’ll see, please don’t comment until you know,” he said. I dropped it, but inside I was dying of curiosity and annoyance he wouldn’t tell me.

I really hate surprises.

We passed the shelf with nutella sticks and I stopped, giving Baekhyun the famous puppy eyes. He glanced at me, then to the shelf and smiled.

“You don’t even know what we’re going to do with it,” he said as he threw them down into the basket.

“We’ll eat them in the car then,” I said with a shrug, “Is there anything else we need?”

Baekhyun looked down, “Nope, I thing that’s it.”

We headed for the checkout, where a young girl sat and read a book. When we approached she put the book away and looked at me first, since I walked first. I passed the checkout mumbling to her, “He’s paying.”

She let her gaze slide on, pass me and to Baekhyun, when her eyes widened and I could see her mimic something like ‘Oh my gawd’.

Baekhyun smiled charmingly at her, “Hi,” he said and she tried her best to keep a straight face. Since, I too occasionally happen to be a fangirl I could definitely relate to her and understand that she was probably dying on the inside and truthfully, I had to give her some cred for not screaming and throwing herself in his arms right away. I could tell from her face that she wanted to.

Baekhyun tossed up the groceries on the band and she glanced over at me, who just smiled. She opened to say something but Baekhyun cut her off,

“Isn’t it lonely out here?” he asked. She let hang open and looked at him. I had to really concentrate to not laugh.

“I-It is,” she then managed to stutter out. Baekhyun once again smiled.

“Wanna take a picture?” he asked and she managed to nod. She once again glanced over at me as Baekhyun got ready with the phone.

“Doesn’t… she want to be in it too?”

“Soo-na, do you want to be in the picture?” he asked, knowing the answer. I shook my head. They quickly snapped it and Baekhyun handed back the phone to her.

“Ah! You looked great!” he said which made her blush a deep red.

“Thanks oppa.”

I started to pack the things, wanting to get out of here, while he signed a paper. I didn’t like her calling him oppa. And I didn’t like them talking.

I know I have some jealousy problems.

Soon Baekhyun came to help me.

“What are you even doing here, oppa?” the girl asked and watched us interested.

“We’re going on a trip,” he responded her and she ‘aha’-ed. Why did he tell her that? Does he trust his fans that blindly? I stared at him.

Baekhyun put in the last things in the bag and offered to carry it.

“I’m not expecting less,” I snorted and we headed to the exit.

“Well, good bye,” Baekhyun greeted with a nod. The girl smiled as farewell, having this confused look on her face as if questioning if this was really happening. I stopped in the door and turned to her. I watched her for a moment and she looked back at me, then I decided to go back to her.

“Please don’t tell anyone,” I said, “Don’t tell anyone about me.”

Not having Baekhyun around gave her more courage and she gave me a look, “Who are you?”

“A friend,” I retorted, challenging her stare. She suddenly nodded.

“Fine… Soo-na, was it?”

Maybe I was just paranoid, but I really hated people knowing my name. Though, I nodded, “Yeah, that’s my name.”

She smiled a little, “It’s a nice name. I won’t tell. For Baekhyun oppa’s sake.”

“Thank you,” I said as I moved towards the door, “Bye.”

I don’t give a if she does it for so Obama’s sake, as long as she doesn’t spill. Well, at least we know who it is, if it does spill.

 

“I didn’t like her,” I said to Baekhyun as I placed myself in the car. He just rolled his eyes.

“She’s my fan, you know.”

“I don’t trust her.”

“You don’t have to. I’ll take responsibility if anyone finds out about us through her.”

Warmth. I felt warmth spreading through my body while looking at him. Then the memory of her came back.

“What are you doing here oppa? I’ll do it for oppa… Oppa, oppa, oppa, my ,” I gaged, imitating her sugar-sweet voice. Baekhyun snickered.

“Just because you won’t call me oppa. You know, I am actually your oppa! You should show me some respect. And show my fans some respect too!”

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, “Sure, I’ll call you oppa. But I’ll never show them more respect than they show me.”

“That’s fair.”

I looked at him. He looked kind of hot while driving.

“So tell me, oppa, how long is this ride going to take?”

He gave me a surprised look, “Um… Around fifteen minutes.”

“Where are we even going,” I groaned boared as I put my feet up. He stared at them.

“That’s gross.”

“Deal with it, oppa.”

 

After about seventeen minutes we stopped –I know, Baekhyun was wrong. Hehe- and I went out of the car. We stood in front of a house in the middle of the forest. I stared at it.

“Where are we?”

Suddenly an old lady got out of the house and smiled at us happily.

“Baekhyun, who is that?” I asked worried as I saw her stretching out her arms and coming running towards us.

“Baekhyun, my baby, come here!” she ran to him and hugged him close. I just stared at the two of them, wondering what the was going on.

“Hi, grandma,” he then said and it went up for me. I couldn’t help but chuckle a little, thinking of Lay. That boy has been trying to convince Baekhyun to take him here since the day they met. He even tried to sneak into the baggage once. And here I was!

“And this has to be Soo-na,” the old lady asked and I nodded, taking her hands, “It’s nice to meat you. Baekhyun told me he would take a close friend with him. And he’s told me a lot about you.”

I blushed slightly at the fact that I’m important enough for Baekhyun to bring me up to his grandma.

“I’ve heard a lot about you too,” I said, which was true. But mostly from Lay.

“That’s nice! Means I’m not dead yet,” she snickered, “Now, I’ve put some tea on… Baby boy, did you buy what I asked you?”

“Yeah, I did,” Baekhyun said holding up the bag. So this was why we were grocery shopping.

“Good. Well, I have to go out look for Baekhyun junior. He’s gone missing again. You two just pack up the groceries and I’ll be right back.”

The old lady left and I just stared at Baekhyun, “Baekhyun junior? Is there something I should know?”

He chuckled and handed me the strawberries, “It’s her cat. It always runs away.”

“And it’s named Baekhyun junior?”

“So she won’t miss me,” he smiled innocently.

“You named it, right?” I raised my brows at him.

“I…might have had something to do with it…”

I smiled and packed up the rest, “Thought so.”

 

“So, you two are dating, huh?”

“What? No…” I said, sounding sadder than expected.

“Oh please,” the old lady said, “He even brought you here! To be frank, he actually even told me about you. That’s more than I’ve ever heard about anyone before. I had to search that ‘Internet thing’ about that Taeyeon girl, after finding out from the old hag’s gossip in town about Baekhyun dating her. And here I am, sitting with a fine young lady, which Baekhyun’s mouth hasn’t stop running about and she’s telling me they’re not dating? I call bull.”

For being such an old sweet lady, she had a quite rough language. But I just found that charming.

“Grandma-“

“You shut up, young man. We’re having a ladies-talk. Learn some manners, geez.”

I smiled. I’ve never had a grandma, they both died early, “We’re not dating. I’m sorry. We’re just really good friends.”

She muttered under her breath, “Friends my ,” something then hit her and she studied my face for a while, then she nodded, “anyways, I need some help in the house Baekhyun. Could you and Soo-na maybe look at it?”

He nodded, “Of course, grandma.”

 

She showed us the bedroom and we stared at it, “What’s there to fix?” Baekhyun then asked.

“I need to redecorate,” she said, “And the furniture are too heavy for me.”

“Yeah, sure!” Baekhyun said and gave me that smile again. For a second I went dizzy, just staring at him. Though, that second was enough for Mrs. Byun to notice and she smiled a little to herself. I woke up and helped Baekhyun move the bed from one wall to the other.

“Excuse me… Mrs. Byun…”

“Oh, call me grandma,” she smiled, “There was a long time since my husband died.”

“Grandma,” I smiled, “Do you need help with cleaning too?”

She shook her head, “Oh god no! I still need some sort of exercise.”

God, I loved this woman.

“Okay,” I said, returning to helping Baekhyun.

“You know… This painting kind of reminds me of you,” he said, holding up and extremely ugly painting of a bird.

Who even has that kind of painting at home?

I glared at Baekhyun, “Are you ing me?”

Wrong choice of words, wrong choice of words. . A teasing smile appeared on his lips.

“Nope, not at the moment.”

He could have chosen not to say that…

It got really awkward for a moment or two. So awkward.

Welp, let’s just enjoy the awkwardness for a while…

“Seriously though, it really does,” he then said, studying it again, “You know, you just add some-“ Then I’d had it and threw myself on him, wrestling him down onto the ground.

“Take that back,” I said, pinning him down.

“Never,” he said, laughing.

“Take it back or I’ll tickle you,” I threatened. He was quiet for a while.

“You look like a princess,” he then said, which kind of took me by surprise. I hadn’t expected that, just that he’d take it back. Suddenly I was flipped around and smacked onto the ground myself, with Baekhyun on top of me instead.

“But you know, from this angle you look more like a walrus…” he said, tapping his cheek thoughtfully, “A bird-walrus-princess.”

Once again, the older lady stood in the doorway, watching us while smiling.

“You’re a terrible person,” I murmured into the floor.

“But you still love me,” he teased.

Yes, I think I do love you, “In your dreams.”

“Let’s eat kids,” grandma then interrupted, “It looks great by the way.”

Baekhyun got off me and then stretched out a hand to help me up. I took it and he smiled at me as we stood next to each other. Suddenly the smile disappeared and he leaned in. His head slowly inched closer and I was totally panicking on the inside.

Omg, help me someone! OH MY FREAKIN GAWD, HE’S GETTING CLOSED. KISS KISS KISS! I CAN’T KISS. WAIT. HOLY . BAEKHYUN’S ALMOST KISSING ME. BYUN ING BAEK HYUN. SOMEONE STOP HIM! OR JUST MAKE ME FAINT!

Inches away he stopped, gazing down at me. Then he turned his head away and went out to the kitchen.

“Soo-na?” grandma called me and I woke up from my paralysis. What just happened? Again? This is like twice in one week. One time on the cheek and almost one time… on the lips? OMG, I’m going insane.

Maybe he wasn’t even trying to kiss me.

Then what the hell was he doing?

* * * 

How are ya'll? I'm terrible. School's starting in like four days. Please someone shoot me. T.T

Anyways, an update! Yay! Take care, until next time! 

Comments are very much appreciated! Subscribers and upvotes too... Just sayin'... Love ya'll! ^^