Hardest Days

for the sake of a child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

"Did you eat?" Asked Joohyun sitting on the couch in the iving room when Yonghwa just got home.

"Yes, i did." replied Yonghwa cold and short.

"Why you don’t reply my messages?" Asked Joohyun rose from her seat and approached Yonghwa who was taking a drink in the fridge.

"Im busy. Many things must i finish today. " Answer Yonghwa walked into his study rooom leave Joohyun alone.

'Even you speak without viewing my face. Did you so angry with me?‘.

"Do you want me to make something? Coffee or milk? "Asked Joohyun while closing Yonghwa’s study room door.

"No need. I  just wanted to shower and sleep."  Yonghwa replied briefly put his bag on the couch.

"I’m sorry i dont have time these days to............"  Joohyun unfinished her words while Yonghwa left her out to shower.

'Im sorry i dont have time to visit Appa at the hospital today.' Add Joohyun.

After they were married. Yonghwa decided to still live in his private apartment. At the first Hyo Jin doesn’t allow Joohyun to leave home and move to Yonghwa’s apartment and asked Yonghwa to stay in her home. But Yonghwa refused it with the reason if the distance of their campus to apartment to be closer and easier. Finally Hyo Jin permit it.

Apartment belongs Yonghwa was a gift from Min Ah because Yonghwa pessed at the best University in South Korea. Apartment on the theme of minimalism, marble gray walls colored, brown colored wood floors package, a kitchen that is not too large, one living room with one black colored leather couch and a long black table, tv complete with a playstation, a small dining table with 3 seats , two bedrooms, and a study room and music room for Yonghwa.

Look at all of the furniture, this apartment indeed for man.

After Joohyun moved. Not much has changed from this apartment. only The new desks and dress table with  white colored classic theme that is placed in their bedroom.

Already a week they were married. But Yonghwa never slept at the same room with Joohyun. Yonghwa chose to sleep in his study room or guest room.

Joohyun sometimes feel sad. Not infrequently in the middle of the night she was crying. Yonghwa attitude so cold to her. Yonghwa never speak if at home. He only spoke when Joohyun asked him and even then he answered with a short answer. Yonghwa never pick the phone up from Joohyun and never reply to messages Joohyun sent.

"Already at 11 PM, better you going to sleep." Said Yonghwa who just finished shower and see Joohyun sitting in his study room couch.

"Yong..until when are you going to continue like this? to avoid me?" Asked Joohyun with a slightly trembling voice.

"Seo Joohyun..I’m tired. Really. I told you, a lot of things i did today. And makes me really tired. I don’t want to start to fight with you now… "

"We like people who don’t even know each other.  We know each other for 9 years. We live in the same home. Breakfast at the same table. But we are like strangers. " Joohyun increasingly shaky and tried to hold back her tears.

"So, what else do you want now??! Did you not enough to force me to marry you? Did you enough to separating me with a woman i love? Did not quite with it all..?? " asked Yonghwa approaching Joohyun a shout.

"So its all my fault? I did it all just for the sake of your father!"  Joohyun couldnt hold back her tears.

"Come on Seo Joohyun ... I already know what the reason you actually want to marry me." Yonghwa said bitter laugh.

"Yonghwa-yah...."

"You want to get married because you want to have me completely!! You just think about your own feelings. you just take advantage of my  bad situation!!! You never think about how i feel. This is what you called love? Huh???!!!"

"Yong ... please listen to explanations i used to.." Joohyun trying to hold Yonghwa’s hands but Yonghwa avoided.

"Get out!!! Get out from here now. I've been trying to hold my anger since our wedding day. But today i can’t hold it anymore!!" Yonghwa shouted.

"Yong ..I beg you..let me explain all to you.." Joohyun approached Yonghwa’s hands.

"If you dont want to get out from here, I will.." Said Yonghwa took the jacket and car keys on the table and went out slamming the door loudly.

'Mianhe .. cheongmal Mianhe, Yong ....'

Flash back

"I feel becoming a greedy woman now. I feel i've been trapping Yonghwa. I'm selfish. I just thought of my own feelings."

"Hey…now everything is happening. There is no point to regrets. Today you officially become Mrs. Jung. The thing that you wanted all along. " Said Yura rubbed Joohyun’s back who already teary eyes.

Yonghwa stopped his step towas Joohyun. Shocked. His legs were frozen. His heart was instantly sick heard Joohyun with Yura in a corner of the park when their wedding.

'So ..you marry me not sake of  my father. Why are you treating me like this? You only think your own feelings' Yonghwa turned and walked away from Joohyun. He was discouraged to approach Joohyun.

End Flashback

In the morning Joohyun already busy in the kitchen. she was preparing breakfast for her husband. Today she decided to cook spaghetti because she didnt have much time. She has class at 9 o'clock in the morning.

Within 30 minutes breakfast is ready. Joohyun set the table and put two plates of spaghetti. Don’t forget the favorite black coffee for Yonghwa. And milk chocolate for herself. Looks all set. Joohyun walked quickly towards  Yonghwa’s study room.

Tok tok tok..

Joohyun repeatedly knocked on the study room door, still no answer. Joohyun decided to enter. She opened the door slowly. She saw the room, empty, Yonghwa no place on the couch where he used to sleep. The blanket still folded neatly.

'Yonghwa not here..The first time he didnt come back home.' She said to herself. Joohyun heart felt heavy.

Joohyun out of the study room. She returned to the dining table. Then sit in front of the food she had cooked.

She didn’t eat her breakfast. He rose from her seat and cleared all. She threw away two plates of spaghetti and black coffee that she made to Yonghwa into the trash. She was upset and sad.

'Your emotions was explode last night, you yell at me, and you still angry now? Am i wrong to love you?'  Joohyun inwardly walked to the door and go to campus.

Yonghwa's parent apartment

Yonghwa was still enjoying his sleep. He closed his body with a gray blanket. His body occasionally moving but his eyes still closed.

Last night Yonghwa chose to return to his parents' home. After spending a night with his friends at the club until yonghwa drunk. That's what made him choose to return to his parents' home. He didn’t want Joohyun see his condition and make their condition getting worse.

"Yonghwa-yah..wake up, if you dont have a class today?" Min Ah wake yonghwa. She gently shaking  Yonghwa’s shoulder.

Yonghwa not respond. His eyes were still closed.

"Yongie ..." at the end Min Ah call Yonghwa by his childhood name.

Finally Yonghwa slightly open his eyes. His head feel so heavy.

He tried to open his eyes wider. And see his mother on the edge of his bed.

"Why are you drunk like this?" Asked Min Ah.

Yonghwa was silent. He tried to sit up. He succeeded. But his head was more painful and severe. Effects of drunk last night.

"Do you fight with your wife?" Asked Min Ah who knows very well if it was true.

"No.. I’m just having fun with my friends last night." Yonghwa replied, steady his head.

"Then why you don’t back to your own home?"

"Eomma you know how Joohyun is..she is very fond of healthy life. She doesn’t like to see other people get drunk. I  don’t want t hear her ravings. "

"Call your wife, she must be worry. I could have told her that if you are here. But better you tell her that directly. " Said Min Ah rose from her seat and walked opening the curtains at Yonghwa’s room.

"How is appa?" Asked Yonghwa tried to change the subject.

Min Ah quickly walked back towards Yonghwa who choose to lay back on his bed.  Min Ah's eyes dilated, her smile spread across her lips. Her face looked so happy.

"I forgot to tell you, your father could retu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter