Im Jung Yonghwa and Im Seo Joohyun

for the sake of a child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“marry me”

"What ..? Are you sure ..? Married is not easy and is not to be mocked and played."

 “Im serious . Even very serious. Marry me . “

“what makes you want to marry with me? do you love me? “

 i love you. Even i love you very much. Almost half of my life i spent to love you. Be your wife is the most thing that i want. But she just said inside her heart. Even cant utter what actually she felt. Even to utter  ‘i did indeed love you’  she couldn’t.

Flash back

Busan. 9 years ago.

Finally, their goods are ready to carried to Seoul. Half  of  their gooods has been sent to Seoul. According to the plan, today the Jung’s Family will move to seoul. Jung Si Hoo had no choice, the company where he was working move him to Seoul. Actually his wife, Choi Min Ah didn’t agree. She felt are comfortable in Busan. With fresh air, surrounded by beaches, and a good environment to raise their children. Jung Yonghwa was 10 years old and Jung Mirae was 8 years old.

“Eomma..appa…may i go to meet my friends for the last time ?”  Yonghwa said with eyes glazed with tears.

“Baby..this is not for the last time. You can meet them when school holidays .”  Said Min Ah watching her husband with sad look.

“hu uh. Eomma. But i wanted to meet  them before i go, could i ?”

“yes baby..But remember , two hours from now we must be in the a train. Please hurry…”

Yonghwa ran out from his home then g to the beach is not far away from his home where he always played with his friends. There, his friends also been waiting with a sad gaze .Yonghwa breaking stride slowly and no longer hold his tears. His eyes has been dripping when he ran.

"never mind Yong, we can still meet each other, right?  Me and the others will visit you in Seoul if the school holidays later. I promise. “ Said Ji Hoo do pinkie promise.

"Yes ... you can also visit us here" added Hae Jong.

"I will visit you guys as soon as possible" Said Yonghwa, wiping his tears

Seoul, 9 years ago.

"This is the new place that we live. do you like it? " Asked Si hoo to his children.

apartment with  with minimalist themed, 3 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 tv room, and  a kitchen that is not too large.but still looks but still looks luxurious with marble floors in black and white wall.

"This is your room, and this is your room. You can see into. Go.. looking around.." Si ho appointed rooms adjacent.

Not like Mirae did, Yonghwa chose to go out from home. After at the outside of the apartment building. He looked around. His eyes fixed on a garden, park not far from the apartment building where he lived. The garden contains a play house is quite complete. Mirae will love this park. He told himself.

Yonghwa walked slowly towards the park. Then he chose to sit on a small stool tree-shaped pieces and a round table in front of it there is also tree-shaped pieces. Yonghwa lull head and closed his eyes.

'Ahh .. I've missed my friends. Am i going to get friends as good as them here? Who want to play basketball with me every day? Hufht ... ' he told himself

When Yonghwa opened his eyes and tried to hold his head up, he was surprised when a girl sitting in front of  him. The little girl who dressed in a pink dress, hair in ponytail,  and hugged a barbie doll.

"Who are you?" Asked Yonghwa slowly.

"I should have asked you, who are you?" She replied calmly.

"I...i... Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa. I just moved into this apartment. " Yonghwa replied, gave his hands slowly to the little girl.

"I’m Joohyun. Seo Joohyun. I also live in this apartment. " Replied the little girl with a smile on her pink lips matching the dress she wore.

"Ahh...do you live here too? I stayed on the 5th floor 502."

"502?? Wow..we are neighbors then. i stayed in 501. " Answer Joohyun with a happy face and don’t believe look.

"Why do you look so sad?" Asked Joohyun carefully.

"I parted with my friends who are in Busan and im sad. They are my good friends. " Yonghwa replied with a sad face.

"At least you can meet your friends again whenever you want. While I cant anymore. " Said Joohyun bowed her head.

"Do you also parting with your friends? Where are your friends?"

"No..i  parted with my father. My father died six months ago. And i couldnt meet with him again, right?”

"Oh..mmhh .."

"Appa  is my best friend. Best father. Only  appa who was always willing to play doll with me, although i have a brother and also mother of course. But they not like appa.” Said Joohyun with tears was already on her pink cheeks.

Yonghwa slowly stepped into the place where Joohyun sitting. In front of him. He sat beside Joohyun, gently her back. his soft gaze makes Joohyun’s tears stop and make Joohyun smile.

“I could be your  friends like your appa if you want."

"Really...?? do you want? Can you play doll with me?" Asked Joohyun not believe and wide-eyed.

"Mmhhh..yes, if that's what you want. I can’t see a girl cry. I also have a sister 8 years old, named Mirae, Jung Mirae. We can play with her. " Yonghwa replied with a sweet smile on his lips.

“I can be a friend or even a bestfriend too if you want" said Joohyun smiling at Yonghwa smiled.

"Really...?  can you play basketball with me? Playing playstation with me? really ?? " asked Yonghwa with a small laugh.

"Yes, Yes, Yes !! I have a brother. I know how to play basketball, I also know how to play playstation" replied Joohyun lied. because she never had basketball.

"Ha..ha..ha ... how old is your brother?"

"18 years. Now he is high school. "

"Ohh ..."

"So..are we friends now?" Asked Joohyun seeing Yonghwa's face.

"No.." Yonghwa replied jokingly.

"Then ...?  dont you want to be my friend?" Asked Joohyun with a face that turned into sadness and shock over Yonghwa’s answer.

"No. I want to be your BEST friend." Yonghwa replied with a laugh.

"Ya.. !!" Joohyun can only hit Yonghwa’s hands.

"Ok ok ..stop. Your power is strong as well, not suited to you that look beautiful and cute." Yonghwa said holding arm that pain from being hit by Joohyun and doesnt realize what he was saying.

"did you say im beautiful? Thank you. " said Joohyun grinned and soon he laughs.

"It was getting dark and getting cold .. let's go in."

"Ok. Ya! Wait for me, " replied Joohyun ran after Yonghwa who has gone the way first.

Seoul, 1 year ago

Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joohyun  are already 18 years, and already the end of upper secondary school level. Yonghwa who became an idol in their school because of his good looking and expertise he played basketball unquestionable. All the girls at the school wanted to be his girfriend. Joohyun became a normal student . but like Yonghwa, Joohyun is basketball player in their school.

Everyday without exception Yonghwa always get a gift from the girls who try to grab his attention. And everyday yet Yonghwa give the gifts to Joohyun. His bestfriend. Because almost all of the gifts are Joohyun’s favorite chocolate n  dolls.

But almost a month there are no more gifts, there are no more letters, there are no more girls are willing to watched Yonghwa played basketball and just watched yonghwa did exercise.

Kang Hyena. Tomboyish girl who is good to play basketball, always ranked first in school and liked adventure, this was the dream girl for Yonghwa. Already a month Yonghwa and Hyena dating. Many who condone relationship Yonghwa and hyena. Even the girls who used to chase Yonghwa now turned their blessing. Yonghwa and Hyena is a matching pair. They thought.

Because of Hyena, Yonghwa stop being a playboy. Stop playing with girls’s feelings. Yonghwa really likes Hyena.

On the other hand, Joohyun who first knew their relationship, began to stay away from Yonghwa. Joohyun couldnt lie to herself. Her heart ached  if  saw Yonghwa and Hyena walking in the school corridor, laughing and holding hands. Joohyun who loves Yonghwa since she met felt her heart was breaking. Really hurt.

Joohyun doesnt matter if during this Yonghwa become a playboy but now Yonghwa really choose his lover and dating with her. It makes Joohyun hurt.

Now Yonghwa also unlike the first which Joohyun know so far. Yonghwa often cant accompany Joohyun anymore. Even if Joohyun went to Yonghwa’s home, she only met Mirae, and finally just chatting and watching movies with Mirae without met Yonghwa.

Not infrequently also Joohyun came and eventually accompany Si hoo and listen to the stories of the books read by Si Hoo. Yes, Joohyun already considers Si Hoo as his own father and vice versa. Si Hoo loves Juhyun like Mirae.

"You've rarely come here as before..why?" Asked Si Hoo at the night when Joohyun come and be with him in his small library.

"Mmhh..i've to study. Final exams and university entrance exams soon. I want to pass in at Seoul University, majoring in Journalism. Department of everybody's  favorite. Its hard.." Joohyun doesnt answer the real answer.

"Not because Yong dating with Hyena ..?" Asked Si Hoo.

"Appa ........."

"I know you for 8 years. I know your real feelings towards Yonghwa."  Said Si hoo and rubbed Joohyun’s back.

"The situation is not like before Appa. Already different. I wasnt able to interfere with Yong as before. There is a heart that must be guarded. "  Said Joohyun with her head still down and the tears that had started to fall.

"whos’s heart? Hyena? How about your own heart? Who is guarding?"  Asked Si Hoo make Joohyun’s tears fall and fall again.

"I'll keep my own heart, Appa. This is my way to keeping my heart, with not often meet Yonghwa. The more i often meet the more of me cant let him go. Im getting greedy. And my situation looks more miserable... " Said Joohyun wiping her tears.

"Stop crying honey…. " Said Si Hoo hugging Joohyun who sobbing so hard.

“I miss Yonghwa…I really miss him…appa…”

Basketball court at the school, 1 year ago

"Finally I could talk to you. In class you'd always avoid me. I've rarely met this past month. You rarely come to my house as before. I've rarely seen basketball practice. I sent messages and called  you but there was no response. Why? There's nothing wrong with me? Are you angry with me? " Said Yonghwa who finally found Joohyun who had been away from him.

"Everyday i come to your home. But you're not at home. You can ask your family. And i was out of the basketball team at school. Oh, and i also was out of school magazine club " Answer Joohyun cold.

For a moment they just silent. Sitting next to each other doesnt make them feel closer. Joohyun not even dare to sit close  to Yonghwa. she sat down and occasionally looking up at the sky, and without looking at Yonghwa. Very strong wind that day and the air was so cold. Winter is coming. Her Black long hair straggling in the breeze and make her hair blocking her face. Joohyun grateful to the wind because she can cover her red cheeks that have started wet with tears with her hair.

"Why do you out of the basketball team?" Asked Yonghwa while looked Joohyun’s  and make Joohyun lowered her head didnt want Yonghwa see her tears.

"Because i cant play basketball. As you told. "

"What ..?? are you serious consider that my words? Come on..serious Hyun is not you. You always brought school for the first place in the championship. Even you've become MVP. "  Yonghwa said with a little angry at Joohyun.

"I played basketball just because you are asked me. Moreover, not only me who is on the basketball team so not because of me this school always became  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter