Lift Up

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

Sehun stood at the base of the frozen falls, preparing to try and lift the trio to the top. "Xiumin, are you sure you can't just make stairs that we can walk up?" He nervously asked. He didn't like having people's lives in his hands. It was stressful.

"Of course I can" Xiumin said honestly. "But do you think any of us has the stamina to run up to the ing heavens as we are on a time limit?"

Sehun sighed, "Touché" Sehun crouched preparing a cushion of wind around them. "Just stay focused. You're going to need some balance" Sehun lifted his hands and streams of wind fought their way under their feet, nearly toppling Xiumin and Chen, but Sehun caught them with a backdraft. They were floating a foot off the ground "Everyone okay so far?" Sehun asked.

"Unstable." Chen replied. "Kind of worried?"

Sehun laughed. "Hold onto that worry. This is harder than playing an organ while tripping" Sehun controlled the wind like a puppetmaster, lifting the trio up towards the edge. Once the arrived, there was nothing but frozen ice.

"They left you guys?" Xiumin asked. "Are we in the right place?"

Chen and Sehun made eye-contact. They weren't gone for more than 15 minutes, but there was no sign of the boat anywhere. "It doesn't make sense." Sehun said. "I told Luhan to wait at least five minutes. They should still be in the horizon."

"How'd you guys get here anyway?" Xiumin started.

"Hani." Chen and Sehun said simultaneously.

Xiumin furrowed his brows, apparently he missed a lot. "And Hani is...?"

"Devil reincarnate" Sehun groaned. "This has to be her"

"Well, good thing we have you then!" Xiumin said, trying to bring up the mood. "You can lead us back to Luhan. Do you feel anything?"

Sehun felt a jolt under his feet. "I feel the ice cracking under me." He started. "Were you not reinforcing the ice?"

"I swear I thought I was" Xiumin retorted, focusing his powers on the melting ice. "I was- I still am." He clarified. "It's just melting way faster than it should. Someone's overruling me" Their feet were now submerged in the water, sinking fast. "Sehun, can you-"

The ice disappeared, causing the trio to fall into the ocean.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

They awoke in a cell with a single TV in front of them. On the screen, a lifestream showing the rest of the legends in a dense forest was playing. They were surrounded - fighting, losing against these demon monsters as tall as the trees, but seemingly just made out of bone and skin. Luhan tried his best to keep them under control with his telekinesis, but more and more kept appearing. Lay was still healing; Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, and Kris were incapacitated. Suho, Kyungsoo, and Kai were doing their best to try and kill the monsters, but their powers weren't doing any damage and Suho's werewolf refused to appear. Kyungsoo finally got a spear of rock to pierce one's skin, killing it instantly; however, the monster fell towards Luhan. Kai transported him out of harm's way, but not before his concentration broke.

"No" Sehun cried, watching helplessly from the cell.

The monsters immediately leapt into action. All of them put up defenses based on reflex, it might've been strong enough to defend against two or three, but the overwhelming number got to them almost instantly. The screen blinked to black, leaving the sight of what happed replaying in the trio's mind.

At the opposite end of the room, a door opened, revealing Hani alongside of Heechul. "And then there were three." She started. "Little do you guys know that that" She pointed at the TV, "Happened a few days ago." She laughed. "We might've messed the beginning back in 3024, but ever since then, you were playing by my rules."

"Our rules" Heechul stressed. "And we have you to thank, Sehun, you are so easy to fool." Sehun's heart dropped. "We were constantly nudging you to follow our path and you followed it without even needed much motivation!"

"Don't listen to them" Xiumin interupted. "You can't trust them."

Heechul rolled his eyes. "Of course you can't trust us." He laughed. "But I promise, this time, we are telling the truth. We won!" He clapped his hands in happiness. "The world is mine and will always be mine."

"So you're the one who stole the heart?" Chen asked.

Heechul stopped. "The what?"

"The heart of Eden" Chen continued.

"Don't listen to them, Heechul." Hani interupted. "They're just trying to stall their own death. Goodbye."

Before any of them could say another word, Hani ushered Heechul out of the room. There was no escape.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

The End

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

Return to the Beginning