chapter 8

I need u

The next day: 

Jung Kook walked in the kitchen. “You did a good job fixing the kitchen Jung kook.” Hyuk said as he poured his coffee. Jung Kook nodded. “Well…at least my speed has it’s perks.” Jung Kook replied. Hyuk smiled. “I’m sorry I caused all of this..” Jung Kook said sadly. Hyuk sighed as his smile disappeared. “It’s okay Jung Kook..at least you were able to stop it—“ Hyuk was cut off. “It wasn’t me who stopped it…it was Krystal…I don’t think she’s a bad person.” Jung Kook said. Hyuk sighed once more. “Jung Kook you saw what she could do…she put out your fire like it was nothing to her….she could hurt you..” Hyuk replied. “I know…but I don’t think she would—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “We just need to stay clear of her okay?” Hyuk said. Jung Kook sighed and then nodded. “Okay..” He responded. Hyuk smiled. “Now eat some breakfast.” Hyuk ordered. Before Hyuk left the kitchen Jung Kook stopped him. “Are we going to look for her? “Jung Kook asked. Hyuk looked at Jung Kook and sighed. “I’m sorry but no.” Hyuk answered. “Why not?” he asked in confusion. “She’s the one that left…we didn’t kick her out..” Hyuk answered before he finally left the kitchen. Jung Kook sighed. Jung Kook jumped in shock due to hearing a scream upstairs. He used his super speed and went up stairs quickly. “What happened??” Jung Kook asked in worry. Yerin in-haled and ex-haled trying to regain her breath. Nara and Hyuk hurried their way to her. “What’s the matter??” Nara asked in worry. “The freak…she was here..” Yerin answered. Jung Kook walked in the room Krystal was staying at. He looked around the room but she wasn’t there. “Are you sure she was here Yerin??” Jung Kook asked. “Yes I swear, she jumped out of the window.” Yerin answered still in shock of what she saw. Jung Kook walked to the window. “It’s open..” He thought. He looked out side hoping that he would catch her but no, he didn’t. He sighed. “She really got away..” He thought. He turned back and looked at Yerin. “What was she doing here?” Jung Kook asked. “I don’t know…she had a book bag with her…that’s all i saw.” Yerin answered with aggravation. Jung Kook went to the drawers and opened them. He sighed. Nara walked in the room and looked at Jung Kook. “It’s empty..” He said. Nara walked to Jung Kook. “She’ll come back..don’t worry..” Nara replied. Jung Kook scoffed. “I’m starting to think that she won’t..” Jung Kook responded. 

Krystal roamed around the city. She was amazed. It was beautiful. She smiled as she saw little kids getting their face painted. “And what are you becoming?” Krystal asked the little girl as she was getting her face painted. The little girl pointed at the lion drawing. “wow…you’ll be a strong beautiful lion.” Krystal said with a smile causing the little girl to smile. “Okay sweetie you’re done.” The man said. The little girl thanked him and then left to her parents. “Do you want your face painted?” The guy asked. “Oh no I’m okay.” Krystal answered. The guy chuckled. “My name is Sehun.” He introduced himself. “Y—Krystal.” She replied. She sighed in relief when she caught her self. She almost told him her real name. “Nice to meet you Krystal.” Sehun responded. She nodded with a slight smile. “Do you do this everyday?” Krystal asked. Sehun shook his head. “No, I do this when there’s a festival or carnival…or new years.” He answered. Krystal nodded. “Are you new here?” He asked. Krystal nodded. “I never been to this part of the city…” She answered. “Well You have been missing a lot.” Sehun said jokingly. “Yeah I can see that.” She replied with a smile. He then took out a flier. “Here. At 6 pm 2 blocks from here, there will be a show..I hope you come.” Sehun said. Krystal took the flier. “A dance show?” She asked as she read it. Sehun smiled. “Yeah…groups perform their own dances and the crowd chooses the winner…but in the end we’re all winners..we all had the courage to go up on that stage.” Sehun explained. Krystal smiled as she nodded. “Yeah..I’ll come. Are you going to be there?” she asked. Sehun chuckled. “Of course, I’ll see you there.” Sehun answered as he stood up. Krystal watched as he packed his stuff. “You’re leaving?” She asked. Sehun chuckled. “Well I practically painted all of the kids faces here, so I’m going to go meet up with some friends.” He answered. Krystal nodded. When he finished, he looked at Krystal. “Well, I’ll see you later Krystal.” Sehun said before he began to walk away. Krystal smiled due to the thoughts she was hearing from him. “He’s cute.” She muttered. 

A knock was heard. Yerin walked downstairs and opened the door. She groaned as she rolled her eyes. “JUNG KOOK YOUR FRIENDS ARE HERE!!” She yelled so he can hear her. Jung Kook came from upstairs and greeted Bangtan. “What’s up guys.” Jung Kook said. The group walked in making their way towards the living room. Jung kook followed. “Dude why aren’t you dresses?” V asked. Jung Kook looked at him in confusion. “Great. He forgot.” Jimin said in aggravation. Jung Kook’s eyes opened wide. “Oh dude the festival.” Jung Kook said finally remembering. They all nodded. “Okay Um go wait in the car and I’ll be there in a flash.” Jung Kook said. The guys nodded. They all left except for J-hope. “Your mom told me what happened yesterday..” J-hope said. Jung Kook looked at J-hope. “Why did you tell her that I couldn’t read Krystal’s mind?” Jung Kook asked. J-hope sighed. “Your mom told me about the table…she said that if Krystal is like you..she could hurt you..and so I told her everything that I know about her.” J-hope explained. Jung Kook sighed. “Look…whatever we talk about, stays between us okay?..don’t tell my mom, my dad, or my sister anything—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Sister?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook sighed once more. “Yerin knows about my powers.” Jung Kook answered J-hopes thoughts. “WHAT?!? How??” J-hope asked. “The incident that happened yesterday…she witnessed fire come out of my hands.” Jung Kook answered. J-hope sighed. “Dude I’m sorry—“ J-hope was cut off. “It’s fine…” Jung Kook said. “So where’s Krystal?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook sighed again. “She left..” He answered. J-hope frowned. “Dude—“ J-hope was cut off. “She left us…we weren’t the ones that kicked her out…and if she doesn’t want to come back then that’s fine.” Jung Kook said. “Is that you talking or your dad?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook sighed once again. “Go wait in the car, I’ll be there in two seconds.” Jung Kook said ignoring the question. J-hope nodded. Just as Jung kook said he was there in a flash. “Okay guys let’s go.” Jung Kook said as he got in the car. 

6pm: 

Krystal walked inside. She looked at the place in amazement. “Wow.” She said. Krystal flinched upon hearing horn. The host walked on stage causing the crowd to cheer. “Welcome everyone to our dance show!! We have many contenders tonight who will blow your mind with their dances!! You, the crowd, will choose the winners, 1st place and 2nd place. Each team will be given a prize. And those who do not make it to any of those places will receive a gift card to a place of their choosing. Now…LET’S BEGIN!!” The host said causing the crowd to cheer once again. As soon as the host got off the stage, a dance group appeared and the music started playing. As time flew by over 5 groups performed already. Krystal jumped when she heard the crowd cheer even louder. “EXO! EXO! EXO!” She heard the crowd yell. Krystal looked at the group as they danced on stage. “Sehun?..” She thought. When the group was finally done with their dance, the crowd cheered once more. The group went off stage. Krystal looked at Sehun who immediately came to her. “Hey.” Sehun said out of breath. “Hey.” She replied. Sehun smiled. “You’re a dancer.” She said. Sehun nodded. “You liked my dance skills?” Sehun asked jokingly. Krystal giggled. “A little.” She said jokingly. Krystal’s smile disappeared when she felt something. “I have to go, I’ll be right back.” She said. “Um okay.” Sehun replied. She then walked away from him. She felt a signal…sound weird doesn’t it. It’s like something was pulling her. “Okay guys you ready?” Rap monster said. They all nodded. “Okay let’s—wait where’s Jung Kook?” Rap monster said. They all looked around. “Jung Kook???” They all called. “!!” Rap monster cursed. “What are we going to do, we’re on in 5.” Jimin said. The guys groaned in frustration. “We have to find that idiot…NOW!” Rap monster said in anger. The guys began to search for jung Kook immediately. “That stupid ing idiot..” The guys muttered under their breath. 

Jung Kook felt the same thing. It was like their bodies and mind were calling out to each other. As they made it outside, both stopped due to seeing each other. Both of their eyes opened wide. “No..” She thought. Krystal tried to run away but Jung kook used his super speed and caught her. She tried to get out of his grasp but his grip was to hard to get out of. “Let me go.” Krystal said as she struggled. “Why did you leave??” He asked. Krystal didn’t answer and she continued to struggle. “Krystal—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Just let me go.” She said. “No. I will not. As soon as I find out there’s someone like me, you disappear…I’ve been alone for so long and now you’re here…someone like me…someone who has powers…different powers of course but…we’re the same..” Jung Kook responded. Krystal finally stopped struggling and looked at Jung Kook. “I don’t belong with your family…I have no place there..” Krystal replied. Jung Kook shook his head. “I feel the same way—“ Jung kook was cut off. “No you can’t say that…you were with them from the beginning….they had time to grow on you…they had time to learn about you…I can feel that they don’t me...I hear their thoughts even when I’m sleeping Jung Kook…They don’t trust me…they’re scared of me…your sister thinks I’m a freak but doesn’t think that you aren’t.” Krystal said. “You can hear thoughts when you’re sleeping??” He asked changing the subject. Krystal scoffed. “It doesn’t matter Jung Kook…they love you…I feel it…so whatever hatred you have for them…whatever sadness you have for them…throw it away…they love you more than you realize…there’s nothing similar between us except our powers…you have a family…I was given away to an orphanage when I was born….no family would adopt me…they were afraid of me…I was either too quite or too loud….I either was too behaved or misbehaved badly….many parents viewed me as a child with baggage…and so they would turn away without remorse not thinking that it would hurt me…but they didn't know that I can feel what they feel…that I can hear their thoughts…I could even hear their conversations…they didn’t care…they didn’t want me…your family Jung Kook…wants you…that’s what you need to realize…they put up with your new abilities you discover..they help you learn how to control them…I had to do it all alone…hell I still don’t know how to control my abilities…sometimes they overwhelm me…but you had people who helped you through it…we’re nothing alike…don’t ever say that we are..” Krystal explained. She finally got out of his grip and began walking away.