chapter 18

I need u

Krystal opened her textbook and sat on her bed. She took her notebook out and grabbed her pen, intending to start her math homework. She answered the questions carefully, trying her best to do it correctly. “The equation above shows how a temperature F, measured in degrees Fahrenheit relates to a temperature C, measured in degrees Celsius. Based on the equation, which of the following must be true?” Krystal read. She nibbled on her lip as she tried to figure out the problem. She shook her head, indicating that she did it wrong. She tried it again and again but failed to do it correctly. She sighed in frustration as she failed once more. Krystal looked at the textbook and read the problem once again. She attempted to answer the question one more time. She carefully did step by step trying to not mess up and finally…she got the answer. Her eyes lit up as she figured it out. She gladly wrote the answer down in her notebook. However, she stopped writing. Her eyebrows furrowed. Suddenly, this feeling of uneasiness overwhelmed her. She placed both her notebook and pen down on the bed, standing up. She slowly walked out her room, wondering what’s going on. The closer she reached the stairs, the more she heard a voice who was agitated and uneasy. She looked down the stairs. “It’s Damien..” She muttered. She slowly walked down trying not to make a sound. “No do not do anything till I get there!” Damien ordered with frustration in his tone as he held the phone to his ear. Krystal watched him as he argued on the phone. She wondered who he was talking to. “I’ll see you later. Do not do anything without me.” Damien said before he angrily hung up the phone. Damien ruffled his hair in frustration. He turned around only to jump in shock upon seeing Krystal standing there on the stairs. “Oh hey Krystal.” He said before he headed to the kitchen. Krystal immediately followed him. “Is..everything okay?? You sounded upset.” She asked. Damien nodded as he opened the fridge. “Yes. Everything is fine.” He answered simply. Krystal frowned. “Are you sure—“ Krystal was cut off. “Why are you asking??” He said with a bit of hostility. Krystal remained silent for a moment as she looked down. Damien sighed. “I’m fine Krystal.” He said trying to reassure her. Krystal nodded. However, she was unconvinced. “Is a sandwich okay? Or do you want to order some pizza??” He asked. Krystal looked at Damien. “A Sandwich is fine.” She answered. 

“Mom..” Jung Kook muttered as he walked inside the office. “Hey son..” Nara said as she stood up from the seat. “Um..dad said that..that you didn’t tell me everything.” Jung Kook replied. Nara nodded. “We think it’s time that you learn everything…you’re old enough to understand…you’re old enough to be wise…to not do anything stupid—“ Nara was cut off. “Why do you two keep saying that?? Like-like I’m gonna freak out or something.” Jung Kook asked as his eyebrows furrowed. Nara and Hyuk glanced at each other. “Just…just tell me what’s going on.” Jung Kook said with a soft tone. “There’s a reason why we know everything…there’s a reason why we know what would happen if you stay with Krystal.” Hyuk said as he took a key out of his pocket and began heading towards his desk. He unlocked a specific drawer as Jung Kook watched. Hyuk then looked at Jung kook.  “Before I show you this…I want you to know…that we kept this from you because we wanted to—“ Hyuk was cut off. “You wanted to protect me, I know…Just show me whatever it is.” Jung Kook said. Hyuk and Nara glanced at each other before they gave each other a slight nod indicating that it’s time. Hyuk looked down at his drawer and took something out. Jung Kook walked towards them. “Is that..a book??” He asked as his eyebrows furrowed. Hyuk and Nara nodded. “It’s not just any book Jung Kook.” Hyuk replied. Jung kook grabbed the book from Hyuk. He looked at the front of the book hesitating to open it. “What’s in it??” Jung Kook asked. The two remained silent as they stared at him. Jung Kook gulped as he slowly opened the book. His eyes furrowed as he stared at the one of the pages. He shook his head as he began to look through the other pages. “No..no this can’t be right..is this a joke??” Jung Kook asked looked at his parents. Hyuk and Nara shook their heads. “This is not a joke Jung Kook. It’s true.” Nara answered. Jung Kook breathed heavily as he tried to take in this new information. “Holy crap..” He muttered as he tried to catch his breath. Nara then walked to her son, grabbing onto his arms. “We’re…we’re in a book…” 

J-hope sighed as he paced back and forth in his bed room. He thought for a moment, trying to figure everything out. Suddenly, the door opened. “Mom said you have to do the chores.” J-hope’s little brother said. J-hope looked at his little brother. “But it’s not my day. It’s yours.” J-hope replied with annoyance written in his tone. J-hope’s little brother then revealed his left arm that he hid behind his back. “I sprained my wrist.” J-hope’s little brother said with a bright smile. J-hope scoffed. “And you’re smiling because??” J-hope asked as he rose his eyebrows. “I don’t have to do the chores until my wrist heals.” J-hope’s little brother answered simply. “Well I’m busy the chores will have to wait.” J-hope said. “Okay I’ll tell mom.” His brother replied. “Wait.” J-hope ordered as he ex-haled heavily. His younger brother looked at J-hope with a smile. “I’ll do them. You’re such a mommy’s boy.” J-hope said. “At least I get whatever I want.” His little brother said. J-hoper rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Sometimes I wish I could just run away..” J-hope muttered loud enough that his younger brother heard. “Even if you did run away mom would always find you..even under a fake identity.” His younger brother said. J-hope’s eyes suddenly lit up as he looked at his brother. “Yeah yeah whatever go.” J-hope replied. His younger brother frowned. “What’s wrong with you dude??” He asked. J-hope then walked to his brother. “Nothing..I’ll get to the chores in a bit.” J-hope said before he slightly pushed his brother back away from the door and then closed the door. J-hope quickly ran to his desk, opening his lap top. Quickly, he searched and searched and searched for something..for someone.  “Come on..there has to be something..” He muttered. Suddenly, J-hope thought of something. He quickly searched up something. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. After a two rings, someone picked up. “Um hi, My name is Jung Ho-seok and I’m looking for a close friend of mine..he says that he works there..” J-hope said. After a few moments, J-hope began to talk again. “Yeah his name Damien..Damien Blake.” J-hope added. J-hope released a slight smirk as the woman replied. “I guess I’ll have to keep calling him until he picks up you know. But thank you so much for your help.”  J-hope then hung up the phone. A scoff escaped his lips. “He doesn’t work in the hospital..” J-hope muttered.

Note: I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this story...I've been really busy for the first semester in college but!! Fear not!!  I will be posting more especially since the semester is gonna be over in about 3-4 weeks!! So get ready for the new updates!! 

Please comment what you think! I will be replying!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter~ 

:)