chapter 6

I need u

A few weeks later: 

Krystal couldn’t deny it. She did love coming home to a loving family. Her smile grew brighter everyday. Her eyes glistened as she talked to Nara about her life. She felt like she belonged some where. Yerin however hated it. Even though she felt bad for Krystal, she still didn’t like the idea of her staying with them. She was…jealous. The attention was brought onto Krystal, that’s what made Yerin dislike her. Jung Kook couldn’t be any happier than he is at this time. He didn’t feel the need to run away anymore. He didn’t feel the need to hide his feelings when he could pour it out on Krystal. Even though he was aggravated that he couldn’t read her mind..he was glad. He could finally just sit down and talk about his day without someone judging him, without the other person’s thoughts clouding him. Jung Kook saw Krystal as an escape. He would go to her when he needs time to think. When he needs time for himself. Sound weird doesn’t it? Things got better for Krystal at school. Yes, she does have a fan base due to her amazing athleticism. However, Krystal still hasn’t made any friends. Many viewed her as a threat or they just admired from a distance due to overpowering females in the school aka Tiffany and her girls. Krystal didn’t mind at all. She preferred to be alone anyway. Due to Krystal joining the school late during spring. She hasn’t gotten a day off of school due to the will to move to the next grade with Jung Kook. Krystal has countless work she has to hand in by the end of the school or else she won’t move to the next grade. But Jung Kook helps her of course.  Jung kook and Krystal had gotten closer. It seemed as if the two were dating but they weren’t. Jung Kook would skip practice countless times to hang with Krystal. No matter how many times Krystal says he could go, he never listens. Jung Kook grew fond of Krystal, he made her his living journal…without the most important secret of course... His powers. Krystal however still remained a certain distance from Jung Kook. She was afraid. Not of him…but of herself. She felt that she would hurt him. That he would view her as a freak if he finds out her secret. But..what both of them doesn’t know..they both feel the same way. 

It was a friday. Krystal groaned due to the heat. She fanned herself as she sat on the bed. She didn’t feel like going to school. Her emotions were heighten extremely and she felt like her powers would burst out in any moment. She knew what that meant…it was about to be the time of the month. She got up and sighed. Krystal walked out of her room. Her room is across from Jung kook’s. She frowned upon not seeing him there. He usually was still sleeping and she had to wake him up or his parents did. Krystal shrugged it off and went straight to the bathroom. Krystal opened the door and immediately stopped. Her eyes opened wide. “I’m so sorry Jung Kook!” She said as she covered her eyes. Jung Kook smiled as a slight chuckle escape from his lips. “It’s okay Krystal, it was bound to happen sooner or later.” Jung Kook said as he go out of the shower. She heard his footsteps come closer. “Do you mind getting me a towel? I forgot to wash mine yesterday.” Jung Kook said with a teasing tone. Krystal hesitated but immediately left to the closet in the hall way. She took a towel and walked back. She walked in the bathroom once again stunned by Jung Kook’s glory. She covered her eyes immediately. “Take it.” Krystal said. Jung Kook chuckled as he took the towel from her and wrapped it around his waist. “You can uncover your eyes now.” Jung Kook said. Krystal hesitated but did it anyway. She sighed in relief. “Okay…now get out.” She replied. Jung Kook chuckled once more. “Okay okay…the bathroom is all yours.” Jung Kook said before he began to walk out. They both jumped in shock due to Krystal’s hand slightly brushing against his you-know-what. They both blushed upon contact. “I-I’m so sorry—“ Krystal was cut off. “I-it’s fine, I-I’ll go now.” Jung kook said before he left the bathroom. Krystal walked to the mirror and looked at her blushing face. “Stop it with your negative thoughts....” Krystal muttered. 

Both walked in the school side by side. Krystal wanted to go in after him but he refused to let her. Jung Kook walked Krystal to her locker. “I’ll see you at lunch.” Jung kook said. Krystal looked at him as she took her text book out her locker. “You’re not coming to class?” She asked. Jung kook shook his head. “No, I have dance practice.” Jung kook answered. Krystal nodded. “Oh.” She said. Krystal immediately winced in pain upon hearing the bell ringing. Jung kook looked at her in worry as she covered her ears. “What’s wrong?” Jung Kook asked worriedly. Krystal looked at Jung Kook and sighed. “The bell…it’s too loud..” She answered. “Are you okay?” He asked. She nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She answered. Jung Kook nodded. Krystal slightly smiled. Jung Kook looked at Krystal as she talked casually. He really wasn’t paying attention to what she was saying. Her voice was completely blocked out and all he could pay attention to was the sweat sliding down her neck to her chest. Jung kook gulped. “Um you should get to class, you’re late.” Jung Kook said rapidly. Krystal slightly frowned. “Okay..see you later I guess.” She said before she began walking to class. Jung Kook watched as she walked away. He gulped once more upon seeing how her hips naturally swayed. Jung Kook’s eyes began to hurt. He looked at the garbage can and in two seconds he lit it on fire with his eyes. Jung Kook immediately panicked and tried to put the fire out. Luckily, Krystal was already in class. He sighed when he finally put it out. “What the hell..” Jung Kook thought. 

After a while, it was lunch. Jung kook walked in the cafeteria. He sighed in relief upon feeling the cool air due to the ac. He then immediately spotted Krystal as she read her book. “Hey.” J-hope said as he stood next to Jung Kook. “Hey.” Jung kook replied.  J-hope followed Jung Kook’s gaze. “Dude why are you staring at her like that?” J-hope asked. Jung kook couldn’t hear J-hope. He was focused on Krystal. He saw how her legs were crossed and how she switched them. Jung Kook gulped. Once again, his eyes began to hurt. He quickly closed his eyes not wanting to hurt anyone. “Hey you okay?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook shook his head. However, he couldn’t keep his eyes closed any longer. Jung Kook opened his eyes and immediately set fire in the cafeteria. The fire alarm rang and students panicked. J-hope grabbed Jung Kook and immediately began rushing out with the other students. However, Jung Kook paused upon seeing Krystal being pushed back by other students who hurried their way out. Jung Kook rushed to get her. “You okay?” Jung Kook asked as he lifted her up bridal style. Krystal nodded. The two were the last ones to get out of the cafeteria. Jung Kook wouldn’t let her down. The strong urge to protect her overwhelmed him. She grabbed his hand the was wrapped around her waist. He knew what she meant by that. He put her down although he didn’t want to. “Thank you.” She said with a slight smile. Jung Kook nodded. “I have to go…will you be fine?” He asked. “Yeah..go ahead.” She answered. Jung Kook looked at Krystal with concern. “I’m fine…now go.” Krystal said with a calming voice. Jung Kook nodded and left. Jung kook left the school. He ran home in a flash. Jung Kook made his way to his parents room. “Hey mom..” Jung Kook stopped talking and covered his eyes upon the sight. “Okay what is it with this day that makes it okay to do nasty thins....” Jung Kook muttered. His parents got out of bed. “Sweetie wait downstairs, we’ll be there in a second.” Nara said. Jung Kook nodded before he left the room. 

After a couple of minutes Nara and Hyuk walked in the kitchen. “Okay so what’s up?” Hyuk asked. The two frowned upon Jung Kook not giving them eye contact. “Sweetie what happened?” Nara asked. “Something happened at school..” Jung Kook answered. Nara and Hyuk looked at each other and then back at Jung Kook. “What happened?” Hyuk asked. “Fire…came out of my eyes..” Jung Kook answered. “Okay what exactly happened?” Hyuk asked. “I was staring at this girl….” Jung Kook answered. The two sighed. “I’m scared…I can’t control it…I mean what if I hurt someone..” Jung Kook said staring at the floor. Hyuk walked to Jung Kook. “Look at me.” Hyuk said. Jung Kook refused. “Look at me.” Hyuk ordered. Jung Kook looked at his father. “I think…I think I know what is triggering your..heat vision.” Hyuk said. Jung Kook looked at him in confusion. “Follow me.” Hyuk said. The two followed Hyuk to the back yard. “What are we doing back here?” Both Nara and Jung Kook asked. They watched as Hyuk took out a scarecrow,from last years halloween’s party, out of the shed. He sat in down on a chair and walked back to the two. “To learn how to control it…you need to figure out what triggered it.” Hyuk explained. Nara and Jung Kook nodded. “Okay now…I want you to remember exactly what you were thinking about in that moment.” Hyuk said. Jung Kook nodded as he looked at the scarecrow. He then looked at the his parents. “Guys this might be easier if I do this alone…” Jung Kook said. The two immediately nodded. “Oh..sorry...we’ll be inside..” Two replied. The two left Jung Kook alone. He looked at the scarecrow. After focusing, it happened once more. The scarecrow was on fire. 

After a while, Jung Kook walked in the kitchen to get a bottle of water. “So you’re good now?” Hyuk asked. Jung Kook nodded. “Yup…you were right…once I knew what triggered the heat, I’m able to control it without thinking about….” Jung Kook answered. The two flinched upon hearing Krystal’s voice. “Hey.” Krystal said. The two looked at Krystal. “Hey..” Jung Kook replied. “You didn’t hear what we was talking about…did you?” Jung Kook asked. Krystal chuckled. “I didn’t hear it all..but I’m pretty sure I heard the word .” Krystal answered. Jung Kook looked down in embarrassment. “Well..Sorry for interrupting your bro talk…I’ll be heading upstairs.” Krystal said before she took the water bottle from Jung Kook’s hand. Jung Kook scoffed as he watched her leave the kitchen. Hyuk chuckled. “What’s so funny?” Jung Kook asked. Hyuk looked at Jung Kook. “The girl was Krystal..” Hyuk said figuring it out before he left the kitchen as well. Jung Kook took another bottle of water and then headed upstairs to his room. As he walked to his room, Jung Kook froze due to seeing something from the corner of his eyes. He turned, facing the bathroom only to see Krystal stripping down. Jung Kook’s eyes once again immediately began to hurt. “..” Jung Kook thought. He immediately ran to his room, shutting he door behind him. “Come on..stop it.” He said as he covered his eyes. His eyes stopped hurting and he was able to open them. He sighed in relief. He was in control again. “Well…I still need more practice..” Jung Kook said with a smile plastered on his face.