chapter 17

I need u

Friday: 

 Krystal ran as fast as her legs could carry her. The track blurred below her as she felt this surge of adrenaline. The thumps of her footsteps echoed in her ears as beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. The rush of wind that passed her face gave her this thrill. This was a chance to just clear her head and just...run. A smile formed on her face as she breathed rapidly. She didn’t realize how long she was running for nor the fact that everyone was just staring at her as she ran lap after lap. Finally she slowed down, walking. She finally noticed that everyone was starring at her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she sighed. She continued to walk, heading towards the water fountain. She bent down and took a sip of water. She wiped as she backed away from the fountain. “Krystal..” A familiar voice called. She looked to her left, seeing the familiar figure standing there wearing his gym attire. “Jung Kook.” She said. Silence filled the air for a moment as the two just stared at each other. Jung Kook his lips and finally broke the silence. “How-how are you??” He asked. Krystal looked down. “I’m good.” She answered. Jung kook nodded. “That’s uh…that’s good.” He replied. Krystal nodded. She looked up at him. “How about you??” She asked. Jung Kook remained silent for a moment. He heisted whether to tell her that he was dating Jiyeon. However, it was too late as his new girlfriend ran to his side. “Hi baby!” She said in a cute voice before she kissed his cheek. Jung Kook slightly smiled. “Hey Jiyeon.” Jung Kook replied. Jung Kook looked at Krystal who was looking down at the floor, standing there awkwardly. Look back at his girlfriend, Jung kook spoke. “Jiyeon I—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Hey listen I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to Tiffany’s birthday party tomorrow.” Jiyeon said rapidly as she clinged onto his arm. Jung kook glanced at Krystal. “Um..yeah sure whatever.” Jung Kook responded. Jiyeon smiled brightly. “Thanks babe! But listen we need to be color coordinated because we’re a couple and—“ Jiyeon was cut off. “Yeah yeah okay Jiyeon I get it.” Jung Kook said, looking at her. He looked over to where Krystal was standing, however, she was gone. Jung Kook’s eyes scanned the area, looking for Krystal. Jiyeon looked at Jung kook. “Who are you looking for?” Jiyeon asked. Jung Kook sighed and looked at Jiyeon. “No one…” He answered. 

After school: 

Krystal walked out of the school, clutching onto her book bag straps. She began to walk home, however, someone called her name. Krystal turned around as her eyebrows furrowed. “J-hope right?” She asked. J-hope nodded. “What’s the matter?” She asked. “Well…I was wondering if um…if you we could talk.” He answered. Krystal stood there for a moment. “talk about what?” She asked as her eyebrows rose. “Um…can we take a walk?” He asked. Krystal nodded. “Sure.” She answered. The two then started walking, taking their time. “Okay um…who’s Dr. Damien Blake?” J-hope asked. Krystal looked at J-hope. “Um…he’s my friend.” Krystal answered. “No I know that..but I mean what do you know about him?” He asked. Krystal looked ahead. “Well he owns this clinic near the school where he helps people who aren’t insured and..he also works at the hospital where I was admitted.” Krystal answered. J-hope nodded as he remained silent for a moment. “Why are you asking me this??” She asked. J-hope sighed. his lips, he spoke. “It’s just…I have this…bad feeling about him.” J-hope answered. Krystal scoffed softly. “Why?” She asked. “I-I don’t know…it’s just a feeling..I don’t really know how to explain it.” He answered. Krystal nodded. “Well..Damien is a good guy—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay but do you trust him??” J-hope asked, grabbing her arm, stopping her from walking. Krystal looked at J-hope. “Of course.” Krystal answered. J-hope remained silent for one moment. “Listen…I’m sorry it’s just..I don’t understand why he’s helping you..” J-hope replied. Krystal frowned. “Maybe because he’s just really trying to help me—“ Krystal was cut off. “Yeah but for what??” J-hope asked rapidly. “To help me control my powers J-hope.” Krystal answered, starting to feel frustrated. “Krystal…Damien just found someone who can freeze things and shake the freaking earth…he’s gonna wanna know how you’re capable of doing these things—“ J-hope was cut off. “Because he’s trying to help me.” Krystal said as she frowned.  “Just think about it Krystal…Damien is a doctor….he checks patients for a living for sickness..what can he possibly do to help you—“ J-hope was cut off. “Care for me!!…and-and make me feel like I’m not some sort of monster!!” Krystal said, raising her voice. J-hope stared at Krystal. “Why can’t I just have something for myself that’s not bad…that’s perfect the way it is…that’s good for me!!” Krystal said. “Krystal…the world isn’t built like that….there’s no such thing as perfect…everything has a flaw….and I know that Damien has some.” J-hope replied. “Yeah well..he’s human..what do you expect??” Krystal asked rapidly. J-hope remained silent for a moment. “My gut says not to trust him…and I think that we should listen to it—“ J-hope was cut off. “Yeah well do whatever you gotta do but don’t put me in this.” Krystal said before she began to walk away. 

Jung Kook sighed as he entered his house. “Yeah Jiyeon I just got inside my house.” Jung kook said. After she responded, Jung Kook spoke again. “Yeah yeah I got it. You’re wearing red, so I have to coordinate my outfit with yours.” Jung Kook said, starting to get frustrated. Jung Kook rolled his eyes as she continued to speak. “Jiyeon please!!…I had a really long day and I just want to go to sleep…so can we please talk about this tomorrow??” Jung kook said. After a quick response, Jung Kook spoke. “No Jiyeon you didn’t do anything wrong..I’m..I'm just stressed out from..from school okay?…I’ll um...I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jung kook said before he hung up the phone. Jung kook sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. He threw his book bag on the floor as he entered the kitchen. He walked to the fridge and opened it, grabbing a bottle of water. “Hey son.” Hyuk said as he walked inside the kitchen. Jung Kook looked at Hyuk as he took a gulp of water. He closed the bottle of water and placed it on the counter. “What’s up dad?” Jung Kook asked. “I need to talk to you about something.” Hyuk said in a serious tone. Jung kook stood there for a moment, frowning. “That doesn’t sound good.” Jung Kook replied. “Listen Jung kook…when I tell you this…you have to promise me to not do anything…stupid.” Hyuk said. Jung kook looked at Hyuk as his eyebrows furrowed. “Define stupid.” Jung Kook replied. “This isn’t a joke Jung Kook.” Hyuk replied. Jung kook rose his hands in the air. “Okay okay, I’m sorry.” Jung kook responded. Jung Kook then inhaled and ex-haled heavily. “…So what it is you want to talk about??” Jung kook asked as he rose his eyebrows. Hyuk looked at Jung kook. “Just come with me Jung Kook.” Hyuk ordered. Jung Kook nodded, following Hyuk out the kitchen. He followed Hyuk upstairs to a specific room. “Dad why are we going to your office??” Jung Kook asked in confusion of what’s going on. Hyuk sighed stopping in front of the door. “Because it’s time that we told you the truth.” Hyuk answered. “I thought you guys told me already.” Jung kook replied. Hyuk turned around and looked at Jung kook. “Not everything.” Hyuk responded before he opened the door. 

Note: Sorry for the short chapter but I will be posting up more :) please comment on what you think! :) Until next time guys~