chapter 10

I need u

There were many things happening in the room that Jung Kook couldn’t even keep track of. The walls were being covered by ice. The floor rumbled as it began to crack. The water from the glass cup Jung Kook placed on the table earlier was being lifted from the glass onto thin air. “Krystal!” Jung Kook called as he tried to walk closer. Tears fell down from Krystal’s eyes. “I can’t make it stop..” She said, her voice beginning to break. She looked up at Jung Kook was stopped by his parents. “NO SON NO!!” Hyuk yelled as he constantly tried to hold Jung Kook back. Krystal looked next to her where the cop she had accidentally knocked out laid. Taking the gun from his holster, Krystal leaned back against the wall. “Krystal no..” Jung kook said with wide eyes. “I can’t…I can’t control it!!” She said as she cried. Jung Kook shook his head. “Please Krystal!! Don’t do it!!” Jung Kook pleaded as tears began to fall from his eyes. Krystal shook her head as she looked at Jung Kook. “Everyone is at risk!!” Krystal yelled before she pulled the trigger at least three times. “NO!” Jung Kook yelled pushing Hyuk to the side. Everything that was going on immediately stopped. The ice slowly disappeared. Running to her, Jung Kook held her in his arms. “Oh god..” He said as he checked for a pulse. Jung Kook sighed in relief realizing that she only passes out. He lifted up her shirt, revealing three bullet entries on her stomach. “Call for help..” Jung Kook ordered. Hyuk and Nara looked at Jung Kook as he held Krystal in his arms. Placing her back on the floor, Jung kook stood up. He turned around facing his parents. “You know what’s worse than having some one believe that you’re a freak??…having yourself believe that you are….” Jung Kook said in anger. “Jung Kook listen to us—“ Nara was cut off. “Call for help.” Jung Kook ordered once more. Nara and Hyuk glanced at each other before looking back at Jung Kook. They watched as he turned back around, kneeling on the floor. He held Krystal in his arms as he used his free hand to move her hair off of her cheek. “Jung Kook—“ Hyuk was cut off. “DO IT NOW!!” Jung Kook yelled causing his parents to flinch. 

Earlier that day: 

Jung Kook sighed as he walked to his locker. Opening it, Jung Kook jumped back when a horn blew. Balloons escaped his locker. Over at least hundreds of birthday cards fell to the floor. Jung Kook sighed under his breath. “Oh come on...” He said. J-hope walked to Jung Kook. “Not in a cheery mood I see?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook shook his head as he closed his locker. “I had an argument with my parents again..” Jung Kook replied. J-hope sighed. “About Krystal?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook scoffed. “No…about what I did yesterday—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “You mean saving that child’s life?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook nodded. “They thought it was reckless…that I could’ve exposed myself..” Jung Kook responded. J-hope scoffed. “But you didn’t..and again..you saved someone’s life—“ J-hope was cut off. “Exactly.” Jung Kook said in frustration. “I think you should calm down.” J-hope suggested. Jung Kook sighed once again. “I’m sick and tired of all of this…we all know I did the right thing…and we all know that Krystal is not bad…so why is everyone against me..I know what I’m doing.” Jung Kook said. J-hope sighed. “Jung Kook…you’re a hormonal teenager who has abilities…and has a hard time controlling them…your parents are just looking out for you—“ J-hope was cut off. “I think they’re hiding something..” Jung Kook said. J-hope looked at Jung Kook in confusion. “I mean think about it..aside from the obvious fact that Krystal could cool down my powers…what other reason would there be to push her away?…and when I saved that little girl, I could’ve exposed myself but I didn’t…so what’s the problem??…I think they’re hiding something..” Jung Kook explained. “What do you think we should do?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook looked at him. “We?” He asked. J-hope nodded. “There’s no way I’m letting the birthday boy do this all on his own..and besides..you need a side kick.” J-hope answered causing Jung Kook to smile. 

Walking in the school, Krystal jumped when she heard a horn. She looked around and noticed how there were pictures of Jung Kook all around the school. The halls were filled with balloons along with banners that says happy birthday Jung Kook. “What the hell…” Krystal muttered. Krystal shrugged everything off and began to walk towards her locker. As she reached it, she was then tapped on the arm. She looked at the person. “Sehun?” She called. A smile appeared on his face. “Come with me today.” He said. Krystal scoffed. “Wow..so after a week of not talking to me, the first thing you say to me is that?” She replied with hostility. Sehun sigh . “Wow…aggressiveness..that’s the first.” Sehun responded. Krystal looked away. “I want to show you something.” He said. “Show me what?” She asked as she took out her text books. “Just come on.” Sehun said snatching her textbooks out of her hands. Krystal scoffed as she watched him place them back in her locker. Closing it, Sehun grabbed her wrist and began to pull her. Krystal just complied. After a while of walking, the two finally made it. Krystal followed him. “Is this for me?” She asked. Sehun nodded. “I was busy…that’s why I haven’t been able to see you…but to make it up to you..I planned a picnic.” He answered. Krystal smiled as the two sat down. “No one has done this for me.” She admitted. A bright smile appeared on his face. “Good to know that I’m the first.” He responded. The two began to chat as they ate. She was comfortable with him. She took comfort of having Sehun around. He makes her smile, laugh, and even excited when she’s with him. His feelings, his thoughts…Krystal has never been so…comfortable hearing and feeling them. The bond the two grew…was..different…Krystal could feel it. After that, the two decided to go for a stroll around the park. The two naturally held hands as they walked. They then heard screams causing them to jump. As they looked, their eyes opened wide when they saw a huge bus losing control. As everyone ran, Sehun and Krystal spotted a child who was crying. “MOMMY!!” The little boy yelled. The bus was heading directly to him. “Sehun…” Krystal said as she shook him. “I know I know, I see him.” Sehun replied rapidly. Sehun pushed Krystal back not realizing that he managed to throw her across the street, slamming her into a car. She winced in pain as she tried to get up. Running to the kid, Sehun moved him back and faced the bus as he held his hands up.  Krystal watched with wide eyes as the bus connected with Sehun’s hands. Krystal froze at the sight. The bus had stopped, due to Sehun. Taking his hands off the bus, you could see two indents due to his hands. His eyes immediately scanned for Krystal and there he saw her lying on the ground with blood dripping down her forehead. “Oh no..” He thought. 

Krystal opened her eyes. She immediately sat up remembering what happened earlier. “Hey..” Sehun said. She looked to her side at Sehun before taking a look around the room. She was in a hospital. “What..what am I doing here?” She managed to say. Sehun sighed as he stood up. “You banged your head pretty hard..I wanted to make sure that you were okay..” He answered. Krystal nodded. “Y-you..stopped the bus..” Krystal said with a weak tone. Sehun sighed. “I think you banged your head pretty hard—“ Sehun was cut off. “I won’t tell anyone.” She said. Sehun looked at her. “Why wouldn’t you?…I’m a freak show..” He replied. Krystal shook her head. “You just saved a kid’s life—“ Krystal was cut off. “But I hurt you…I couldn’t control my strength..and when I tried to push you back..I ended up throwing you..” Sehun said sadly. Krystal understood him. Before Krystal could even reply, the door swung open. “WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?” Jung Kook yelled as he walked in. “Jung Kook?” Krystal called. “Krystal you could’ve gotten killed…what were you doing outside of school anyway??” Jung Kook asked in anger. “I..I was just—“ Krystal was cut off. “She was with me.” Sehun answered. Jung Kook looked at Sehun. “oh you have got to be kidding me….” Jung Kook said in frustration, knowing exactly who Sehun is. Jung Kook’s parents then entered the room. “What are you guys doing here?” Krystal asked in confusion. Nara and Hyuk sighed. “We’re still listed as your care takers…” Hyuk answered. Jung Kook looked at Sehun and then at Krystal. “So..you were with him..when you were hurt??…and he didn’t do about it?!?” Jung Kook said in anger. “Jung Kook calm down—“ Nara was cut off. “I’m sorry I was busy trying to save a child’s life—“ Sehun was cut off. “Oh so you could look heroic in her eyes right??” Jung Kooks said. “Isn’t that exactly what you did yesterday?!?” Sehun replied in anger. Krystal looked at the two as they argued. “Guys stop it.” Krystal muttered but the no one heard. “SHE COULD’VE GOTTEN KILLED!!” Jung Kook yelled in anger. “DON’T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!? I immediately took her to the hospital!!” Sehun replied with rage. Krystal’s breath quickened as her heart rate began to speed up. She looked at the monitor as she watched the number go up. She began to feel her bed shake. Krystal flinched when she started to hear Hyuk get in the conversation. “Guys..” She said with a weak voice. No one heard her. As Krystal grabbed the railing, someone yelled. “ENOUGH!” Nara yelled. Krystal’s heart rate then started to go back to normal as the shaking stopped. They all looked at Nara. “You’re being released in an hour Krystal..and you’re coming home with us.” Nara said before she exited the room. 

Krystal walked in-between Sehun and Jung Kook. She could feel the tension in the air. They walked to the door and waited for Hyuk to open it. Unlocking it, he opened the door. “Sehun..you could stay lunch.” Nara said before she walked inside with her husband. The three tried to walk inside but stopped. “Move.” Sehun and Jung Kook said to each other. Krystal sighed before she slightly pushed both out the way and walked inside. Sehun and Jung Kook glared at each other before they walked inside as well, closing the door behind them. After at least 20 minutes of waiting, Nara had finally finished lunch. They all headed to the kitchen and sat down. They ate in complete silence. After eating, Krystal walked Sehun to the door. “Thank you Sehun..” Krystal said. Sehun nodded. “I’ll see you later..” Sehun said before he left the house. Krystal sighed as she walked back to the kitchen. She looked at them and gulped due to them already staring at her. “I—“ Krystal was cut off. “You could've gotten hurt.” Jung Kook said. Krystal looked at Jung Kook. “But I didn’t.” She replied. Jung Kook scoffed. Hyuk stood up causing everyone to look at him. “A cop is going to you back to the orphanage.” Hyuk said. “What..” Krystal said in disbelief. “You ran away Krystal…you shouldn’t have done that…the cop is gonna you so you won’t do the same thing again—“ Hyuk was cut off. “That’s just stupid!” Jung Kook said as he stood up. Nara sighed. “Jung Kook it’s for the best.” Nara said standing up as well. The doorbell rang causing Krystal to flinch. “It’s him.” Hyuk said as he left the kitchen. After a few seconds, the cop entered the kitchen along with Hyuk. “She’s not leaving.” Jung Kook said in anger. Hyuk looked at Jung Kook. “Jung Kook—“ Hyuk was cut off. “You guys don’t understand!! I finally have someone where I can literally sit down and have a normal conversation without having to constantly get frustrated on hearing their thoughts—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Jung Kook shut up.” Hyuk ordered. Jung Kook scoffed. Krystal flinched when the two began to once again argue. She watched as Jung kook and Hyuk engage into a full blown argument while Nara tried to calm them down. “No..” Krystal muttered when she felt the ground beginning to shake. “YOU CAN’T POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND US!!” Jung kook yelled. Everyone jumped in shock when they heard something crash. Hyuk, Nara, and Jung Kook looked at Krystal. “Oh no…” Jung Kook said. The cabinets then opened. Everything began to crumble as objects fell to the ground. The glass plates that were in the cabinets fell onto the cops head causing him to pass out. 

“Krystal..calm down..” Jung Kook said as he tried to walk closer to her. Krystal shook her head as she backed away against the wall. “T-this is new to me!!” Krystal replied. Jung Kook looked at Hyuk and Nara. “Her new ability.” He said. The walls began to crack as well as the floors. Everything in the house shook as if it were some sort of earth quake. There were many things happening in the room that Jung Kook couldn’t even keep track of. The walls were being covered by ice. The floor rumbled as it began to crack. The water from the glass cup Jung Kook placed on the table earlier was being lifted from the glass onto thin air. “Krystal!” Jung Kook called as he tried to walk closer. Tears fell down from Krystal’s eyes. “I can’t make it stop..” She said, her voice beginning to break. She looked up at Jung Kook was stopped by his parents. “NO SON NO!!” Hyuk yelled as he constantly tried to hold Jung Kook back. Krystal looked next to her where the cop she had accidentally knocked out laid there. Taking the gun from his holster, Krystal leaned back against the wall. “Krystal no..” Jung kook said with wide eyes. “I can’t…I can’t control it!!” She said as she cried. Jung Kook shook his head. “Please Krystal!! Don’t do it!!” Jung Kook pleaded as tears began to fall from his eyes. Krystal shook her head as she looked at Jung Kook. “Everyone is at risk!!” Krystal yelled before she pulled the trigger at least three times. “NO!” Jung Kook yelled pushing Hyuk to the side. Everything that was going on immediately stopped. The ice slowly disappeared. Running to her, Jung Kook held her in his arms. “Oh god..” He said as he checked for a pulse. Jung Kook sighed in relief realizing that she only passes out. He lifted up her shirt, revealing three bullet entries on her stomach. “Call for help..” Jung Kook ordered. Hyuk and Nara looked at Jung Kook as he held Krystal in his arms. Placing her back on the floor, Jung kook stood up. He turned around facing his parents. “You know what’s worse than having some one believe that you’re a freak??…having yourself believe that you are….” Jung Kook said in anger. “Jung Kook listen to us—“ Nara was cut off. “Call for help.” Jung Kook ordered once more. Nara and Hyuk glanced at each other before looking back at Jung Kook. They watched as he turned back around, kneeling on the floor. He held Krystal in his arms as he used his free hand to move her hair off of her cheek. “Jung Kook—“ Hyuk was cut off. “DO IT NOW!!” Jung Kook yelled causing his parents to flinch. 

Nara, Hyuk, and jung Kook sat in the hospital. Jung Kook shook his leg impatiently. He stared at the blood the covered his hands. “If she doesn’t make it..i’ll never forgive you two..” Jung Kook said. Nara and Hyuk looked at him. “Jung Kook—“ Nara and Hyuk was cut off. “When I lose control of my powers..you two stick by my side and help me…but when she does..you look at her like she’s some sort of freak…” Jung kook said in anger. “Jung Kook I know you’re angry—“ Nara was cut off. “I’m not angry..I’m furious…” Jung Kook said. Standing up, Jung Kook paced around. “Jung Kook please sit down—“ Hyuk was cut off. “What are you two hiding from me?” Jung Kook asked as he stopped walking. The two looked at him in confusion. “What are you talking—“ Cutting them off again, Jung Kook spoke. “Krystal is just like me..she loses control sometimes just as I do…and-and when I save the kid..you guys were angry because I could’ve exposed myself but I didn’t…so what’s going on?” Jung Kook said in frustration. “Jung Kook you’re tired…you’re over analyzing things—“ Nara was cut off. “You’re lying…there’s something you’re not telling me.” Jung kook said in anger. “Jung Kook—“ Hyuk was cut off. “WHAT!” jung Kook yelled. Hyuk pointed at the small garbage can that was on fire. Jung Kook looked. He sighed as he tried to breath in and out slowly. Calming down, the fire disappeared. Looking back at his parents, Jung Kook spoke.  “It would be great news if they told you that she didn’t make it right?” Jung kook said in anger. “Jung Kook—“ Hyuk was cut off. “You always talk about me giving other people chances…but you never gave her one…she shot herself 3 ing times thinking that she was gonna hurt us…all I needed to do was to talk to her…she would’ve listened to me..just like how I listened to her..but instead..You called a ing cop to take her away…what are you gonna say to him when he asks what the hell happened today Huh?…You’re gonna blame Krystal?..you’re gonna blame me?” Jung Kook stopped talking. “Jung Kook i would never—“ Nara was cut off. “You guys should be ashamed of yourself…all of this…is bull …you just let a 16 year old shoot herself..because you guys were so afraid of her.” Jung Kook said before he walked away. 

 

Note: Like the update?? lol hope you liked this chapter~ please comment on what you think. Did it shock you guys when sehun stopped the bus? lol What do you guys think is gonna happen next??