chapter 2

I need u

Krystal walked in the cafeteria. She watched as everyone did their own thing. Laugh, cry, play, have a fun time. She stood there frozen due to all the emotional pain, anger, happiness she felt from those in the cafeteria. Their thoughts rammed in her head like a someone was hitting her head with a hammer repeatedly. She could barely hear herself think. She hugged her textbooks tightly as she she closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind. “Hey.” Someone said causing Krystal to flinch. She looked at the person. “Y-your—“ She was cut off. “Jung Kook.” He said. Krystal nodded slowly. Krystal then rubbed her temples with her left hand using her right hand to support her textbooks. “Are you okay?” He asked. Krystal looked at Jung Kook and slightly smiled. “Yeah…I’m….I’m fine..” She lied. “Are you sure?” Jung Kook asked. She nodded. “I just need to…I just need to leave…” She said before she ran out of the cafeteria. Jung Kook watched as she ran out the cafeteria. “Why….why can’t I read her mind…” He thought. He then went to sit at his table. “Hey guys.” Jung kook said. “Speaking to the talk show of today?” J-hope asked. “What are you talking about?” Jung Kook asked. “That girl is the talk of today…seems like everyone already did a background check…she’s an orphan…” Jimin answered. “Why does that matter?” Jung kook asked. Jimin sighed. “Jung kook..you know how this high school works…they care about fame, money, a good background….but that girl…she doesn’t have any of that.” J-hope answered. Jung Kook sighed. “Okay well…i’ll be back..I’m gonna go get lunch.” Jimin said before he left the table. Jung Kook sighed. “What’s the matter?” J-hope asked. “I couldn’t read her mind J-hope….” Jung Kook whispered. “You can’t read her mind? That’s—“ J-hope was cut off. “Impossible?” Jung kook asked. J-hope scoffed. “As much as that power sounds cool…please stay out of my head…I think of way to much for a teenager like you.” J-hope said jokingly. “Trust me…I know how you can get…i’ve seen it, heard it, and well…accidentally read your mind while you thought about it.” Jung Kook replied. J-hope chuckled. “Well..I hope you figure things out with your ability…maybe it’s glitching.” J-hope said. J-hope then took the apple off his plate and took a bite before he stood up and left the table. 

After the bell rang, Jung kook made his way to the gym. He froze in place as he saw Krystal walk in there as well. “What the hell….why isn’t it working?” Jung Kook thought before he walked in the gym. He watched Krystal as she showed the gym teacher her schedule indicating that she belongs in this class. He tried his best to read her mind but it didn’t work. He frowned upon it. “Hey what’s up.” J-hope said as he walked to Jung Kook. “I’ve never felt more frustrated in my life…” Jung kook admitted. “What do you mean?” J-hope asked. Jung kook pointed to Krystal and J-hope looked at her. “I can read everyone’s mind…but hers….” Jung Kook answered. “Maybe she’s different.” J-hope said. Jung Kook sighed. “It’s frustrating not being able to know what she’s thinking.” Jung Kook admitted. “Maybe it’s a good thing..” J-hope said before he left Jung Kook. Krystal walked in the locker room with her gym clothes. She walked to a locker and opened it. She placed her book bag in the locker before she began to strip herself down. “Woah…seems like the new girl works out.” A girl said as she watched Krystal. Everyone agreed as they looked at Krystal’s body. “Not really..” Krystal replied with a soft tone. She then put on her gym shorts and t-shirt with her white sneakers. She then closed her locker and left out of the locker room. She walked to the bleachers and waited. After a couple of minutes, She flinched upon hearing the teacher blow the whistle indicating everyone to come to him. She got up and walked to him as well as the rest of the class. “We were going to play some volleyball today…..but since you guys took so long to get dressed….20 laps all of you.” the teacher said causing everyone to groan in frustration. Krystal watched everyone as they made their way outside. She followed. They walked to the track field and they all began to run. Krystal watched as Jung Kook began running as if he was in a race. Krystal scoffed. “Think you could beat him?” Krystal looked at the guy who was talking to her. “Maybe…I’m Krystal..” She replied with a soft voice. “J-hope.” He said with a bright smile. Krystal slightly smiled. “Well…I better get these 20 laps done.” Krystal said before she began to run full speed. Everyone froze in place as they watched her catch up to Jung Kook so quickly. Even Jung Kook stopped running as he noticed her pass him. 

After a while, everyone finished their 20 laps and made their way to the bleachers. Krystal waited for everyone to take a some water from the water fountain. As she saw the last person leave the water fountain she made her way over there. She took sip and wiped . “How do you run so fast?” Someone asked. She turned around seeing a familiar face. “I-I used to run track Jung Kook…” She lied. “You passed everyone…including me, I was half way front he finish line but you managed to catch up to me and pass me.” Jung Kook said. She gave him a weak smile. “Sorry..” She replied. “There’s nothing to be sorry about.” Jung Kook responded. Silence then engulfed the air as they stared at each other. In the distance. someone was fuming with rage. They both got out of their trance when they heard a whistle. “Okay everyone let’s head inside.” the teacher said causing the students to get up and walk towards the school. “Um…we should go.” Krystal said softly. Jung Kook grabbed her arm as she was about to walk. She looked at him. He tried to read her mind once more but he couldn’t. “Why isn’t it working…” He mumbled loud enough that Krystal could hear. “What?” She asked. He then realized what he was doing. He let go of her arm. “Uh nothing..” Jung Kook replied before he left her there. Krystal watched as Jung Kook followed the class and soon she began following them as well. 

It was the end of the day already. Krystal sighed as she walked to her locker. She did the combination and opened it. She placed her books inside and then closed the locker. She jumped in fear when she saw Jung Kook standing next to her with a smile plastered on his face. “Hi.” He said. Krystal slightly smiled. ‘Hi.” She replied with a soft tone. “Um…how was your first day of school?” He asked. “…it was good.” She replied with a soft tone. Jung Kook nodded. “Well If you need anything…let me know.” Jung Kook responded. Krystal smiled. “Thanks but no…your fans are already giving me death stares.” Krystal said before she pointed at the group of girls who were glaring at her. Jung Kook laughed. They both stared at each other. Again, Jung Kook tried to read her mind. Krystal got out of her trance when she noticed her lock on her locker began to freeze. “Um I have to go.” Krystal said before she began walking away. Jung Kook sighed as he watched her walk away from him. Krystal speed walked towards the gate to the school but was stopped by a girl. “Hi.” The girl said. Krystal looked at her. “My name is Tiffany.” She said as she held out her hand for a shake. Krystal looked at the girls hand. “I have to go.” Krystal said. She then tried to walk away but a group of girls stopped her. “Can I get a name—“ tiffany was cut off. “Leave her alone.” A familiar voice caused krystal to slightly smile. "Jung Kook's sister." Krystal thought. “Oh look the loser has a friend.” Tiffany said. She then focused her attention back to Krystal. “How is it that you’re already flirting with Jung Kook?” One of the girl’s asked. “I-I’m not flirting..” Krystal stuttered. “Oh please…the 5 minute staring contest…the smiling….the constant meeting on your first day...you like him.” Tiffany said with an obnoxious tone. “I-i don’t even know how to flirt…” Krystal admitted. “What?…you don’t know how to flirt? what are you? A geek?” She asked rapidly. "N-no." Krystal stuttered. "Oh yeah...you're an orphan....a poor orphan." Tiffany said with a smirk. Krystal frowed. "You're just like me." Krystal said as a smirk formed on her face. Tiffany looked at her in confusion. "You're an orphan too--" Krystal was cut off. "What did you just say ." Tiffany said with anger written all over her tone. Everyone stared at them causing Krystal to panic. Her breathing became rapid and soon she began to notice objects around the room begin to freeze.