chapter 16

I need u

2 weeks later: Morning 

“There are eight glasses filled with water on the table..” Damien said as he dipped his middle finger in one. Krystal nodded as she watched him. "And what am I suppose to do??" She asked as she rose her eyebrows. Damien slightly smiled. “I’m gonna play a note..and you hold it by vibrating the water in the glasses..” Damien said. “Okay..” Krystal replied as she nodded her head. Damien began moving his finger around the glass edges, playing a note. Krystal looked at the glasses as she rose her right hand, aiming it at one of the glasses. Suddenly, the water began to shake making a note. Damien smiled as Krystal continued on with another glass, and then another. Damien backed away and looked at Krystal as she concentrated hard. Krystal managed to make all the glasses play notes. However, in just one second, Krystal shattered the glasses causing her to jump. Damien looked at Krystal and began walking towards her. “You’re powers are quite destructive but..look at the music you can make.” Damien said with a smile. Krystal remained silent as she stared at the shattered pieces on the table. Damien looked at Krystal. “Krystal that was amazing..so what we could drink from plastic cups at dinner.” Damien said. Krystal slightly nodded. “Krystal what’s wrong??” Damien asked, worrying. Krystal looked at Damien. “Nothing…that’s just it…everything is great here..” Krystal answered. Damien slightly smiled. “Being here…it feels like….it feels like home which…never ends well…” Krystal said. Damien frowned. “Ends?? Krystal I’m not going anywhere—“ Damien was cut off. “Really?? Because…mistrust of home is something that I’m really good at.” Krystal said. “Krystal—“ Damien was cut off. “Something bad happens every time I feel settled somewhere…” Krystal paused for a moment. She her lips and sighed. “I’m 17 and I have never spent more than a couple of months…anywhere! The second I made friends at the orphanage…gone and...god forbid I call a foster family home it’s...pack your bags..” Krystal said. Damien’s eyebrows furrowed. “I’m sorry..” Damain muttered loud enough that she heard. Krystal slightly smiled. “Being here it’s…it’s been amazing….you talk to me..you help me..and you’re okay with my…with my powers…it’s like it’s too good to be true…and I’m scared that…something terrible is gonna happen and you’re gonna send me away..” Krystal admitted. Damien shook his head. “No Krystal…I will never send you away…I don’t even care if you destroy this room…this house….because I care for you….and I want you to be safe…I want you to be happy—“ Damien stopped talking due to Krystal walking up to him and hug him. Damien smiled as he embraced her hug. “It’s gonna be okay…I promise.” Damien said. Krystal nodded as tears fell from her eyes. Suddenly a the door bell was heard. The two let go of each other. “You should go get that while I clean this up.” Damien said with a smile as he wiped her tears. Krystal nodded as she released a smile. 

“Sehun? What are you doing here?” Krystal asked. “Oh I was around in the neighborhood and I thought..why not just see how Krystal’s doing.” Sehun answered. Krystal rose her eyebrows. “You were just..walking around the neighborhood? Really?” She asked as she crossed her arms around her chest. Sehun remained silent for a moment. “Okay okay you don’t have to force it out of me!” Sehun said, raising his voice as he raised his hands in the air in defeat. “But I didn’t force it out of you.“ Krystal replied with a slightly smile. Sehun sighed. He his lips and looked at her. “It’s just…after what you told me…I have to get to know you…I mean…we may not be the same…but we’re similar and all..you know…with my enhanced strength and all of your…powers.” Sehun said, trying to explain. “Sehun—“ Krystal was cut off. “I know I shouldn’t have come here…you’re busy with you’re training to learn how to control your powers but…I feel more connected to you than ever…” Sehun said. Before Krystal can reply, someone else spoke. “Who’s at the door Krystal?” Damien asked as he walked to her. “Oh um..this is my friend Sehun.” Krystal answered. The two grasped each other’s hands. “Wow you have a very firm shake.” Damien said letting go of Sehun’s hand. Krystal and Sehun slightly smiled. “I get that a lot.” Sehun replied. “Well I’m Damien…and any friends of Krystal is a friend of mine..please…come inside.” Damien said, gesturing Sehun to enter the house. Sehun smiled. “Thank you.” He replied as he entered. Sehun’s eyes scanned the area. “Wow..this place is nice.” Sehun said. “The living room is to the right.” Krystal said. Sehun nodded and entered the living room, leaving Krystal and Damien alone. Damien looked at Krystal. “You’re using protection right??” Damien asked. Krystal looked at Damien. “For what??” She asked back. “Well for…for um…for .” He answered. Krystal’s eyes opened wide. “Oh no no no no no—“ Krystal was cut off. “So you’re not using protection??” Damien asked. Krystal’s eyebrows rose as she slightly shook her head. “Sehun and I aren’t together..like.. in any way! We’re-we’re just friends!” Krystal said, raising her voice. Damien scoffed softly. “Krystal…he has a lot of interest in you—“ Damien was cut off. “Oh I know.” Krystal said. Damien’s eyebrows furrowed. “So…you don’t feel the same way??” Damien asked. Krystal sighed. “I-I don’t know…maybe..” Krystal stuttered. “You should figure it out.” He replied. Krystal scoffed. “And how would I do that??” She asked, raising her eyebrows. Damien shrugged. “I don’t know..just hang out with him.” Damien answered. 

Flashback: 

“Are you okay??” Sehun asked as they inside his house. Krystal looked at Sehun and nodded. “Yeah I’m…I’m fine.” She answered. Sehun nodded. The two entered the living room. Sehun watched her as she sat down on the couch silently. His eyebrows furrowed as he leaned against the wall as he crossed his arms around his chest. “That was you…” Sehun said. Krystal looked at him. “That was you shaking everything wasn’t it??” Sehun asked. Krystal remained silent for a moment as she looked down at the floor. “You once said that…we were the same…I didn’t understand what you meant but…I think I do now.” Sehun added. Sehun then walked to the couch and sat down next to her. Krystal began to play with her fingers silently.  “You’re like me…you have….powers…which is why you’re not afraid of me…” Sehun said. Krystal remained silent not wanting to talk. “Wow…I can’t believe that I didn’t figure this out sooner…I mean…I’m a freak—“ Sehun was cut off. “You’re not a freak…you’re just different.” Krystal said, looking at him. Sehun looked at her. “And so are you.” Sehun replied. Krystal her lips and nodded. “Were you um…were you born like this??” Sehun asked. “I think so…I had these powers for as long as I could remember…” Krystal answered. Sehun nodded. “So you can shake the earth…that’s freaking cool.” Sehun said. Krystal slightly chuckled as she looked back down at her hands. “It’s...not just that…” She muttered loud enough that he heard. Sehun looked at her in confusion. “What do you mean??” Sehun asked. “I can…also freeze things—“ Krystal was cut off. “That’s pretty cool! Can you show me??” Sehun asked. Krystal shook her head. “I don’t…I don’t really have a lot of control over my powers..” Krystal answered. Sehun remained silent as he thought for a moment. “That’s why everything was shaking…because you still can’t control it.” Sehun said. “Yeah..” She replied. Sehun nodded beginning to finally understand. “I get it…sometimes my anger gets the best of me..and my strength gets out of control.” Sehun admitted. Krystal slightly smiled. “Anything else that I don’t know about??” Sehun asked. Krystal looked at Sehun. “Well I can…I can…sort of…” Krystal paused for a moment. She wondered how he would react for this one. “Um...Sort of what??” Sehun asked. Krystal inhaled and exhaled. “I can…I can read your mind.” Krystal answered. Sehun sat there in silence as his eyes opened wide in shock. Krystal flinched upon seeing him jump up. “YOU CAN READ MINDS?!?” Sehun asked, raising his voice as Krystal looked up at him. “Sehun I know your freaked out but it’s really not a big deal—“ Krystal was cut off. “So you basically know everything about me because you read my ing mind!!!” Sehun said, raising his voice. 

 Krystal shook her head as she stood up. “No Sehun that’s not how this works—“ Krystal was cut off again. “I don’t get it.” Sehun said. Krystal sighed. “I can only read what’s on the surface.” Krysta tried to explain. Sehun stood there for a moment staring at her before he began pacing back and forth. “This is crazy.” Sehun said. “I can shake the earth and freeze things but reading minds is impossible??” Krystal asked. Sehun scoffed. “Yes I find it hard to believe.” Sehun answered. “Okay…then I’ll prove it to you.” Krystal said. Sehun halted He looked at her as he placed his hands on his hips. “What am I thinking about right now??” Sehun asked. “You’re not sure whether to believe me or not.” Krystal answered. Sehun remained silent for a moment. He his lips and spoke. “What about now??” He asked as he rose his eyebrows. Krystal looked at Sehun. “Bananas.” Krystal answered. “And now—“ Sehun was cut off. “You're asking yourself if you should eat soup later on tonight.” Krystal said. Sehun remained silent as he looked down. “And now...I’m more attractive to you than before.” Krystal said as she rose her eyebrows with a slight smile forming. Sehun looked up at Krystal. “Okay stop reading my mind.” Sehun said rapidly. Krystal smiled. “I didn’t read your mind.” Krystal replied as she slightly shook her head. Sehun scoffed. “Oh really?? Then how did you know??” Sehun asked as he rose his eyebrows. Krystal walked up to him. She looked up and stared at his eyes. A smile formed on her lips. “I can also feel what your feeling too.” Krystal answered simply. Sehun froze. His eyebrows furrowed. “OH HELL NO!!” Sehun screamed as he backed away from her. Krystal chuckled. “So you can read minds and feel what people feel?!?” Sehun asked in disbelief. Krystal nodded. “I’m a mind reader and an empath.” Krystal answered. Sehun rubbed his temples stood there and thought for a moment. He stopped and looked at Krystal upon realizing something. “So…this entire time…you knew how I felt about you at all times???” Sehun asked. Krystal remained silent. “Oh you have got to be kidding me…” Sehun muttered as he began pacing back and forth once again. “Sehun it’s okay—“ Krystal was cut off. “No it is not okay!! My thoughts and feelings were sometimes….not appropriate—“ Sehun was cut off as well. “I know.” Krystal said. Sehun shook his head. “You like me…” Krystal said. Sehun halted. He looked at Krystal as he gulped. “You care for me…you um..felt really bad after you used your strength on me….” Krystal paused for a moment. She her lips then continued to speak. "And um...you have a…a very strong desire for me…” Krystal finished. Sehun stood there, staring at her. “…Your powers….are a total invasion of privacy!!” Sehun began to raise his voice. “Sehun—“ Krystal was cut off. “No no no!! It’s MY mind and it’s MY feelings!! NOT yours!!” Sehun said in anger. 

End of flashback: 

The sun peeked in the bedroom’s window. Jung kook squinted his eyes as he lifted his head from the pillow. He groaned and threw his head back onto the pillow. The sunlight bathed his skin as he laid on his stomach. He pulled the covers over his head in hopes of blocking the sun from his face. He closed his eyes and tried to drift off back to sleep. However, the the sound of music echoed in the house. He sniffed the air, in-haling the scent of something that was being cooked. He groaned as turned around laying on his back. He threw the covers off his face and sat up, his stomach rumbling in the process. He ruffled his hair as he sighed. He threw his legs to the edge of the bed and stood up. He scanned the room, looking for his grey sweatpants. “Ah..there it is..” Jung kook muttered as he walked over to the chair in the corner of the room. Grabbing it, he immediately put it on. Walking out the room, Jung Kook went to the kitchen. He stood at the entrance as he stared at the girl dancing and singing to the music. He leaned against the wall and watched her. He rose his eyebrows as she twirled around. She gasped upon spotting him. “Jung kook!! I thought you were sleeping!” She said, raising her voice. Jung Kook slightly smiled as he walked over to the radio and turned it off. “Yeah, I thought so too Jiyeon.” Jung Kook replied. Jiyeon remained silent. “What are you doing??” Jung Kook asked. “What does it look like i’m doing?? I’m making an omelet for you.” She answered as she leaned against the counter. “Oh..okay.” Jung Kook said. Jiyeon smiled as she grabbed the pan and a fork. She cut a piece. “Here try some.” She said. Jung kook nodded as let her feed him a piece. After a moment of silence, Jiyeon spoke. “So?…how is it??” She asked. Jung Kook his lips and looked down at her. “Jiyeon…you failed this omelet.” Jung Kook said with a slight smile. Jiyeon’s smile disappeared and she began to pout. “Really??” She asked. Jung kook nodded. "I worked so hard on this.” She said. Jung Kook chuckled as he took the pan from her and walked over to the garbage. “Seems like this isn’t the first one you made.” Jung Kook said referring to the other burnt omelets in the garbage. “Hey..I messed up…a couple of times.” Jiyeon replied. Jung kook chuckled as he threw away the omelet. “Don’t worry..I’m a excellent cook.” Jung Kook said putting the pan back on the stove. “Really?? When did you learn how to cook??” Jiyeon asked. “My father taught me..he said..it’s good when a man is talented in the bed room..but it’s y when he cooks breakfast in the morning and it actually tastes good.” Jung Kook answered. “Wow..that’s a great father and son bonding moment.” Jiyeon replied in sarcasm as she walked over to him. Jung Kook laughed as the two embraced each other into a hug. “Yeah I think he was right though…I mean…look at where we are right now.” Jung Kook said. Jiyeon smiled. “Okay…you won.” She said before she kissed him. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Please comment on what you think! Until next time guys~ :)