chapter 5

I need u

Jung Kook followed the crowd knowing that they were following Krystal. He made his way through and finally caught up to her. He noticed how uncomfortable she was but deep down he saw how frightened she was. He grabbed her arm startling her. “Hey.” He said. Krystal looked at him and sighed in relief. “They won’t stop following me.” She replied as she frowned. “Listen, their your fans…you can tell them to go..they’ll listen.” Jung Kook responded. Krystal nodded. She faced the crowd who were practically screaming at her. “Can you guys please leave me alone.” She said. Jung Kook sighed. “HEY!” Jung Kook yelled causing everyone to shut up. They all looked at the two. “She wants to be alone right now….so leave please.” Jung Kook added. The crowd began to scatter immediately upon the request. Both Krystal and Jung Kook sighed. “Thanks.” She said. Jung look nodded. “You have a fear with crowds don’t you?” Jung Kook asked. Krystal looked at him. “What?” She said. Jung Kook let go of her am. “You were scared Krystal…I saw how frightened you were…” Jung Kook answered. Krystal didn’t respond but instead began walking out of the school. Jung Kook sighed and immediately followed her. “I didn’t mean it in a bad way—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Jung Kook it’s fine…yes you’re right…I don’t like the crowd..” Krystal said as she walked. Jung Kook grabbed her arm stopping her from walking. He turned her, making her face him., leaving no space between the two. Their lips almost touched. He was about to kiss her but hearing his name being called stopped him. “Jung Kook.” A familiar person called. Jung Kook and Krystal immediately let each other go. “Mom…what are you doing here?” Jung kook asked. “I could ask you the same thing…who is this?” Nara replied before she pointed at Krystal. “Um…mom meet Krystal…Krystal meet my mom..” Jung Kook answered. Krystal bowed a 90 degree bow. “Annyeonghaseyo..” Krystal said with a slight smile. Nara instantly smiled. “So this is Krystal!” Nara said happily. “Mom no—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “I wanted to meet you Krystal..Jung Kook told us so much about you—“ Nara was cut off. “Um no I didn’t.” Jung Kook said earning a slap on the arm by Nara. Krystal giggled which Jung Kook found cute. “Mom why are you here?” Jung Kook asked trying to change the subject. Nara then clapped her hands together. “Ah I need to go get your sister….I’ll see you two later.” Nara said with a bright smile before she left the two alone. 

Jung Kook looked at Krystal who was smiling. “What’s with the smile?” Jung Kook asked. The smile disappeared from Krystal’s face. “You guys are cute.” Krystal answered before she began to walk. Jung Kook immediately began to follow. “Where are you going?” He asked. “I need time for myself…even if it’s just an hour.” Krystal answered. “Why? What happened—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “What is this a game of 20 questions?” Krystal sarcastically asked. Jung Kook chuckled. Krystal sighed. “Are you hungry?” Jung Kook asked. Krystal looked at Jung Kook as she walked. “Jung kook you should go back to school.” Krystal replied. Jung Kook shook his head. “No I’m okay—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Jung Kook just go….why exactly is the reason why you’re here?” She asked. Jung Kook sighed. “Just let me be here for you..” Jung Kook pleaded. Krystal sighed. “I don’t need someone—“ Krystal was cut off when Jung Kook grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking. “Do you even hear yourself? You don’t need someone? You were crying when I saw you in the orphanage…how does that look to you huh? You need someone to lean on…you need someone to talk to.” Jung Kook explained. Krystal frowned. “What I need right now is to get out that orphanage…thats all….I don’t need someone to lean on…I don’t need someone to talk to…I’m perfectly fine on my own.” Krystal responded before she removed Jung Kook’s hand from her arm. She then walked away from him. “I’m here for you if you need me.” Jung Kook said. Krystal slightly smiled as she walked. “Thank you..” She thought as she walked. Jung Kook sighed as he watched her walk away. He frowned. “Why can’t I read your mind…” He thought. He then walked back towards the school. 

After school:

Jung Kook walked inside the house and immediately went to the kitchen. “Hey mom.” Jung Kook said before he gave his mother a peck on the cheek. “Hi honey how was your  day?” She asked as she cleaned the dishes. “It was fine—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Hey you two.” Hyuk said as he walked in. “Dad what are you doing home so early?” Jung Kook asked as he walked to the fridge. “Well I wanted to go home early instead of staying at work late.” Hyuk answered before he walked to his wife and gave her a kiss. Jung Kook searched the fridge for something to eat. “Honey there’s cookies in the oven, you can eat that.” Nara said. Jung Kook closed the fridge. “You couldn’t tell me that sooner?” Jung Kook said sarcastically as he walked to the oven. “Be careful it’s hot.” Hyuk said but then he sighed when he saw Jung Kook naturally take out the pan with his hand. “I’m guessing you forgot dad.” Jung Kook said as he placed the pan on the counter. Hyuk nodded. “Sorry son.” Hyuk said. Jung Kook nodded as he grabbed a cookie and took a bite out of it. Jung Kook watched as his parents cleaned the kitchen. Jung Kook sighed. “Is it okay if someone stays with us?” Jung Kook asked causing the two to stop what they were doing. They looked at him. “Of course who is he?” Nara and Hyuk asked. “It’s a she.” Jung Kook answered. Nara and Hyuk looked at each other. “A girl?” They asked. Jung Kook nodded. Hyuk sighed as he walked to Jung Kook. “Don’t you think you’re moving a little fast? I mean how long have you two even dated—“ Hyuk was cut off. “What? No. We’re not dating.” Jung Kook said. Hyuk and Nara looked at him in confusion. “Then..who are you talking about?” Nara asked. “Remember Krystal?” Jung Kook asked. They both nodded. “Well…she’s an orphan…and she wants to get out of the orphanage but no family wants to adopt her and she only has two years left there but they’re treating her like crap and—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Jung Kook she can’t stay here.” Hyuk said. “Why not?” Jung Kook asked. They both looked at Jung Kook as they sighed. “Jung kook we don’t want to adopt a kid and where is she gonna sleep—“ Hyuk was cut off. “We don’t have to adopt her, she can stay here until her 18th birthday and she’s out..and besides we have tons of room in this house.” Jung Kook said. The two sighed once more. “We have to think about it, I mean we have you who has all of these—“ Nara was cut off by the scoff made by Jung Kook. “That’s not fair…I guarantee you that if Yerin asks you the same thing you will instantly say yes to her.” Jung Kook said with a hint of anger in his tone. He then took the pan filled with cookies and took it with him upstairs to his room. 

Late at night: 

Jung Kook sat in his room playing his game. He didn’t leave his room at all. A knock was then heard. Jung Kook didn’t answer. “Jung Kook it’s me.” Nara said. Jung Kook sighed still not wanting to answer. Nara opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind her. “What do you want?” Jung Kook asked as he still played the game. Nara sighed. “Jung Kook don’t you think you’re being a bit jealous of your sister? I mean she’s just a kid.” Nara said. Jung Kook scoffed. “She’s in high school now mom. Don’t you think you’re treating her like a baby still?” Jung Kook replied. Nara sighed once more. “She’s our baby Jung Kook—“ Nara was cut off. “And i’m not? I’m still your child mom. All you two ever do is treat me like a freak. Yes I can withstand temperatures than a normal human being, yes I can run faster than a speeding bullet, yes I can do many things a human cannot, but I am still your son….you still gave birth to me.” Jung Kook said out of anger. Nara walked to Jung Kook and took the controller out of his hands, she dropped the controller quickly due to Jung Kook burning it. “Jung Kook listen to me…you are my son and we do love…but—“ Nara was cut off. “But what?” Jung Kook asked with a serious tone. Nara sighed. “You’re starting to get out of control Jung Kook…” Nara finished. Jung Kook scoffed. “What is that suppose to mean?” Jung Kook asked. “You used your powers in front of J-hope, who else are you going to be reckless in front of? We’re not only thinking about you, we’re thinking about the others…what if Krystal comes and finds out that you are—“ Nara was cut off. “A freak?” Jung Kook asked sadly. “No. A gifted child.” Nara said. Jung kook looked at his mother. “You say I’m a gifted child…then why all the time when I use my abilities you guys look at me like i’m not even human…like I’m a monster..” Jung Kook replied as tears began to fall from his eyes. Nara wiped his tears away. “You’re not a monster Jung Kook…you are my son…my baby boy..and you always will be.” Nara responded before she hugged him. Jung Kook slightly smiled. Nara let go of him and smiled. “She can stay with us until she finds a home…but please…make sure you be careful…” Nara said causing Jung kook to smile. “Thank you mom.” Jung Kook replied. Nara nodded before she left the room. 

Krystal sighed as she stared at the ceiling. “Krystal you have a visitor.” Ms.g said. Krystal immediately sat up. The door opened, revealing a familiar face. “Jung Kook.” She called. Jung Kook smiled. “Hey.” He said closing the door behind him. “What are you doing here?” Krystal asked. Jung Kook took a chair and sat in front of her. “I’m here to tell you that my parents agreed for you to live with us.” Jung Kook answered. Krystal looked at him in shock. “They agreed?” She asked to make sure what she heard was right. Jung Kook nodded. “Your parents are adopting me?” She asked in shock. “Um no. They are going to be your care takers until we find you a home, but at least you’ll be out of here.” Jung Kook answered. Krystal nodded. “You don’t seem excited.” Jung Kook said. “No I am. It’s just that…i’m finally out of this place…” Krystal replied. Jung Kook smiled. “Well, you’re welcome.” Jung kook said with a smile. Krystal smiled. “Your smile is truly beautiful…” Jung Kook admitted. Krystal heart began to pound extremely fast. They both stared at each other and to them of course it seemed as if time had stopped. Little did they know, both of they’re powers were getting to become out of control. One side of the room began to freeze while the other slowly began to burn. Their moment was interrupted when the door swung open. The freezing and the burning immediately stopped. “Hi Krystal.” Jung Kook’s parents said. “Krystal this is my mother Nara which you met already and this is my father Hyuk” Jung Kook asked. Krystal nodded as she stood up. “Annyeonghaseyo.” She said as she bowed a 90 degree bow. “We talked to Ms.g and you can come with home with us in a few days.” Nara said causing Krystal to smile once more.