chapter 7

I need u

Saturday: 

Krystal woke up. She sat up and sighed upon feeling something in between her legs. “..” She thought. She got up quickly and took the sheets off the bed. After wards she went to go take a shower. After she got dressed, she head downstairs to the kitchen. “Hey good morning.” Nara said with a sweet smile. Krystal slightly smiled. “Where is everyone?” Krystal asked. “The three decided to go shopping…actually it was just Hyuk and Yerin but they forced Jung Kook to go with them.” Nara answered before she took a sip of her coffee. Krystal nodded. “Hey what’s wrong?” Nara asked. Krystal slightly chuckled. “Aside from it being so hot…my period came, I have a head ache, the cramps are killing me…and it’s so freaking hot.” Krystal answered before she sighed. Nara chuckled. “Ah so that’s why there are bed sheets in the washing machine.” Nara said jokingly. Krystal slightly smiled. She sat down and laid her head on the counter. “You sure that’s all that’s bothering you?” Nara asked. Krystal looked at Nara and sighed. “I feel like I’m intruding…” Krystal answered. Nara looked at her in confusion. Krystal sat up and sighed once more. “I’m intruding on your family..” Krystal answered her thoughts. Nara frowned. “Krystal you’re not intruding—“ Nara was cut off. “Yes I am…Yerin hates me because ever since i moved here, your not giving her attention anymore...your husband is always on edge thinking I’m going to screw this family up somehow…and you…you’re still wondering if you made the right decision on letting me stay here..” Krystal explained. Nara sighed. “Krystal—“ Nara was cut off when Hyuk, Jung Kook and yerin came rushing inside the house. “Hey mom, dad bought me new clothes!!” Yerin said happily as she went to her mother. Nara smiled. “Yes…he practically bought her the whole store..” Jung Kook said sarcastically. Krystal frowned. Upon hearing Jung Kook’s voice Krystal immediately knew he wasn’t happy. “Come on mom, I want to show you what dad got me.” Yerin said as she dragged her mom upstairs. Hyuk chuckled. “Wait for me.” Hyuk said as he followed them leaving Krystal and Jung Kook alone in the kitchen.  

“Hey what’s wrong?” Krystal asked in worry. Jung Kook looked at her. “How do you do that?” Jung Kook asked. “Do what?” She asked back. “Know when somethings wrong…” Jung kook answered. Krystal shrugged. “I can always tell when somethings wrong with you…” Krystal replied. Jung Kook slightly smiled. “So..are you going to tell me?” Krystal asked. Jung Kook sighed. “The whole time I was with them...my dad forgot about me…he forgot about me as soon as we left the house…I swear they love her more than they love me—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Oh come on that’s not true—“ Krystal was cut off. “Yes it is. I had to cry to persuade them for you to come here, If my sister asked them…they would immediately say yes. My mom let’s Yerin talk to her as if they were bff’s. They let her get away with so much but yet when I finally screw up, which rarely happens, I get in trouble.” Jung Kook explained with aggravation. Krystal sighed. “Why won’t you go talk to them?” She asked Jung Kook scoffed. “And say what?” He asked back. “Tell them how you feel…and don’t hold back..” Krystal answered. Jung Kook looked at Krystal. He sighed. “See If I was in that position..I wouldn’t be able to do it…I wouldn’t be able to tell them how I felt—“ Krystal was cut off. “Why not?” Jung Kook asked. “I can’t stand to see someone unhappy…and if what they’re doing makes them happy..then I’ll never do it…however you are different.” Krystal answered. Jung Kook looked at her in confusion. “You fight for what you want…it’s just sometimes…you need a little help figuring out what it is that you want.” Krystal answered his thoughts. Jung Kook smiled. “What’s with the smile?” She asked. “You...” Jung Kook answered. She looked at him in confusion. “You’re personality is amazing…I like it…and your voice...Your voice is so calming… “ Jung Kook answered her thoughts. Krystal smiled. “And your smile..it’s beautiful..” He added. They stared at each other’s eyes. The time to them seemed as if it stopped. Jung Kook leaned in slowly, getting closer to her. Their lips were so close to each other’s. They didn’t realize it. But Jung Kook’s hand were on fire while Krystal’s were turning into ice. Half of the table was getting burnt while the other was being taken over by ice. “Hey guys..” Someone called causing the two to get out of their trance. Their powers stopped immediately. “Mom…we were just uhh…leaving…come on Krystal let’s go.” Jung Kook said as he grabbed her hand. The two left immediately. Nara walked closer to the table and looked at it. She was shocked to see how it locked. One side completely burnt, while the other...frozen. “Woah..” She thought.

Krystal and Jung Kook walked. They didn’t know where they was going but they just walked. “So..” Jung Kook said. “So..” Krystal replied. “Listen about—“ Jung Kook was cut off when his phone rang. Jung Kook sighed. “It’s okay you can answer it.” Krystal said. Jung Kook nodded and did as he was told. “Yeah mom what’s up?” Jung Kook asked. After hearing the answer from his mother, he talked again. “You want me to come home now?” Jung Kook asked. Upon hearing the response he sighed. “Okay..I’ll be there shortly.” Jung Kook said before he hung up the phone. Krystal looked at him. “Are you coming with me?” Jung Kook asked. Krystal shook her head. “No um..I’m just gonna walk and get some fresh air..” Krystal answered. Jung Kook nodded. “Okay…I’ll see you later.” Jung Kook replied. Krystal nodded. They both then headed in opposite directions. After a while, Jung Kook finally made it home. “Hey mom.” Jung Kook called. “In the kitchen!!” He heard his mother say. He went in the kitchen. “what’s wrong?” Jung Kook asked. Nara and Hyuk looked at Jung Kook and sighed. “I think…Krystal isn’t what she say she is…” Nara answered. Jung Kook looked at her in confusion. Nara and Hyuk moved out of the way revealing the table. Jung Kook looked at it. “I used my powers…” Jung Kook said. “That’s not the point.” Hyuk responded. Jung Kook looked at him in confusion. “Since when are you able to freeze things?” Nara asked. Jung Kook shook his head. “I don’t have that ability—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Exactly.” Hyuk said. “What are you saying?” Jung Kook asked. “What I’m saying is that…Krystal has abilities like you…” Nara answered. Jung Kook scoffed. “No…there is no way—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Then explain the table…why is one side burnt while the other is frozen? It’s like she counter attacked her fire…she can hurt you Jung Kook.” Hyuk said. Jung Kook shook his head. Nara sighed. “Okay then explain this…why can’t you read her mind?” Nara asked. Jung Kook looked at Nara and frowned. “How do you know about that?” Jung kook asked. “J-hope told me—“ Nara was cut off. “You talked to J-hope?? Great what else did you ask him??” Jung Kook asked with anger written in his tone. “Jung Kook that’s not the point—“ Hyuk was cut off. “Why can’t you guys just let me be happy for once?? And okay so what if she’s like me…are you gonna view her differently—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Jung Kook she can hurt you—“ Nara was cut off. “And I can hurt her…it goes both ways…” Jung Kook said. Hyuk scoffed. “You’re not in the right mind Jung Kook…she needs to leave—“ Hyuk was cut off. “SHE’S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!” Jung Kook began to yell. His hands lit on fire.  All of his bottled up anger came out through his powers. “Jung Kook calm down.” Hyuk ordered. “Mom what’s going on???” Yerin said as she walked down the stairs. “Sweetie go back upstairs.” Nara replied. Yerin however didn’t. She walked in the kitchen and her eyes opened wide upon seeing Jung Kook’s hands on fire. “WHAT ARE YOU!!” She yelled. Jung Kook scoffed. “Get away from them.” Yerin said as she ran to her parents. 

Jung Kook focused. He tried to stop his powers but he couldn’t. “Mom…It won’t stop..” Jung Kook said. Nara tried to walk to Jung Kook but was stopped by Hyuk and Yerin. She looked at the two before looking back at Jung Kook. “Focus honey.” Nara replied. Jung Kook tried once again but failed. Instead everything became worse. He lit objects on fire. “He’s gonna set this whole house on fire if he doesn’t calm down.” Hyuk said to Yerin and Nara. “Jung Kook please.” Nara said. Jung Kook shook his head. “It won’t stop…get out of the house NOW!!” Jung Began to yell. The walls were then attacked by the fire. “We need to leave now.” Hyuk said grabbed Yerin and Nara, Pulling them out of the house. “NO MY BABY!!” Nara yelled as she was being yelled. “WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!” Hyuk yelled. He managed to take the two out of the house. They all stared at it in shock. Jung Kook already lit up half of the house. “What’s going on?” They heard a familiar voice ask. They all turned and looked at Krystal who was standing there clueless. Nara went to Krystal. “Help Jung kook.” Nara pleaded as tears fell from her eyes. “Where is he??” Krystal asked in worry. “In the house—“ Nara was cut off. “Why aren’t you trying to get him.” Krystal began to panic. “Listen Krystal…Jung Kook is very much like you…I know you can get him..” Nara said causing Krystal to look at her in confusion. “Go get my son.” Nara added. Krystal removed Nara’s hand’s off her arm. She walked in the house. She focused her hearing, canceling out everything she heard and only listened for Jung Kook. She began walking to the kitchen upon hearing his voice calling for help from god. She spotted him on the floor leaning against the fridge asking god why he gave them this. She walked to Jung Kook and kneeled in from of him. “Hey..” She said in a soft voice. Jung Kook looked at Krystal. “I can’t stop it..” Jung Kook said as tears fell from his eyes. Krystal slightly smiled. “I’ll stop for you.” Krystal replied. Jung Kook watched her as she stood up. 

She walked to the wall. “Get away from that.” Jung Kook ordered. She looked at Jung Kook and smiled. “It’s okay.” She assured him. She placed her hand on the wall and the sight that he saw shocked him dearly. The fire on the wall stopped as she froze it. She turned around and touched everything he placed on fire, freezing it. She looked at Jung Kook who’s hands were still on fire. She walked to him, kneeling down once more. Jung Kook looked at her. She held out her hands. Jung Kook looked at them and then looked at her eyes. “It’s okay.” She assured him once more. He slightly smiled and then he placed his hands onto hers. When they touched, it was completely different on how Krystal touched objects. She didn’t freeze him…the fire on his hands disappeared. “You stopped it..” He said. Before Krystal could say anything, Nara and Hyuk came running to Jung Kook and hugged him tightly. Krystal got up moving away from them. “You froze it..” Yerin said as she walked in. Krystal looked at Yerin. “You’re a freak..” Yerin said. Krystal looked at Jung Kook, Nara, and Hyuk as they hugged saying sorry to each other. Right then and there she knew…she had no place in this family. Krystal then watched as Yerin walked to the the three and hugged them. She smiled sadly at the sight. “I have no right…to be here..” She thought. She then left the house running away. Tears fell from her eyes as she ran. “I need to leave..” She thought. The four finally calmed down and wiped their tears. “Where’s Krystal?” Jung Kook immediately asked as he stood up. The others looked. “She was just standing there…” Nara answered.  Jung Kook searched the house for her using his super speed. He came back to the kitchen. “She’s gone.” Jung Kook said sadly.