chapter 3

I need u

“I-I need to go.” Krystal said trying to leave the school. The girls blocked her. Krystal scanned the room noticing all the things she was freezing. “Listen here orphan…I’m going to say this to you once okay?…stay away from Jung Kook and his friends…matter of fact…stay away from all of us.” Tiffany said before she turned around and began walking away. The group of girls then followed tiffany. Krystal hands shook. “Hey you okay?” Jung Kook’s sister asked in worry. Krystal ran out of the school before she could expose her powers. She ran until she reached an alley. She leaned against the brick wall and looked at her hand which was releasing snow flakes. “I could’ve sworn she went this way.” She heard a familiar voice say. “Oh no…Jung Kook..” She thought. Before she could even leave the opposite direction a hand grabbed her arm. She looked at the person with wide eyes. “I was worried.” Jung Kook said. Krystal looked at her hand and the falling snow flakes were gone. She sighed in relief before she looked back at Jung Kook. “…High school .” She admitted causing Jung Kook to chuckle. “You’ll get through it don’t worry.” Jung Kook replied. “Hey Jung Kook you found her.” A guy said as a group followed him to Jung Kook. “Guys meet Krystal…Krystal meet J-hope, V, Jimin, rap monster, Jin, and Suga.” Jung Kook said. Krystal waved with a slight smile. “Hi.” She said with a soft tone. They waved back and said hello. “Um…I have to go—“ Krystal was cut off. “Do you need to be home so early? I mean you can hang with us.” Jung Kook said. Krystal gave Jung Kook a weak smile. “I’m not allowed to hang out…I’m sorry.” Krystal replied before she removed the grip of Jung Kook’s hand off of her arm. 

The guys watched as Krystal left the alley. “Well…it’s her loss.” Jimin said before he left the alley as well, being followed by the rest of the guys. Jung Kook sighed as he walked behind them. They made it to their hang out place. It’s kind of like a club house. The guys were having fun but Jung Kook was so quiet to the point it aggravated the guys. J-hope stood up and tapped Jung Kook indicating that he wanted to talk. Jung Kook followed J-hope out the room .”What’s the matter?” J-hope asked as he sighed. Jung Kook sighed as well. “She’s still in my mind.” Jung Kook answered. “You mean Krystal?” J-hope asked. Jung Kook nodded. “I still don’t understand why I can’t read her mind…I mean it’s just weird…” Jung Kook said. J-hope sighed. “Okay maybe her brain is different than ours or maybe you’re weak when your with her.” J-hope said. “What do you mean?” Jung Kook asked. “Maybe she’s like a power drainer for you or something…I don’t know I’m grasping straws here.” J-hope answered. Jung Kook chuckled. “A power drainer? Wow that’s dumb.” Jung Kook replied. “At least I’m thinking of something.” J-hope responded. Jung Kook sighed once more. “Maybe I should go talk to her…where does she live?” Jung Kook asked. J-hope shook his head. “No no no..what are you gonna tell her huh? That you can read minds but apparently you can’t read hers?” J-hope asked rapidly. “No of course not but I have to figure it out…it’s driving me insane…I thought I could read everyone’s mind…but apparently I can’t.” Jung Kook replied. J-hope sighed. “Okay fine…she’s still in the orphanage.” J-hope responded. “She never got adopted?” Jung Kook asked in confusion. J-hope shook her head. “No body wanted her…I feel so bad for her I mean she spent her whole life watching other kids get adopted while she stood there waiting for the right parents to come but…it never happened.” J-hope answered. 

Later that night: 

Jung Kook stood outside the orphanage. He wondered if he should go in there or not. “Maybe I shouldn’t…” Jung Kook thought. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a sob. He frowned. He then followed the sound which led him to the back of the orphanage. “Krystal?” He called. Krystal wiped her tears and looked away. “Hey what happened?” Jung Kook asked in worry. “Nothing..” She lied. Jung Kook sighed. “It’s okay you can tell me.” Jung Kook said. Krystal sighed. “Another kid got adopted today….there’s only a few left in there including me….” Krystal replied. Jung Kook sat down next to her. “It’s going to be fine—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “No it’s not…I’m gonna be all alone…as a matter a fact I already am alone..” Krystal said with a sad tone. Jung Kook grabbed her hand and held it tightly. “Look…I’m here aren’t I?…you made a new friend…someone who will be there when you cry for help…someone who will be there through all your problems.” Jung Kook replied. Krystal looked at Jung Kook. “You barely know me Jung Kook.” She responded. Jung Kook smiled. “That doesn’t matter…I’ll get to know you in time.” Jung kook said with a smile plastered on his face. Krystal smiled. “Thank you.” She said. Jung Kook nodded. He then looked up at the stars. “You know..being with you…is really peaceful.” Jung Kook admitted. Krystal looked at Jung Kook with a smile. He looked at her and smiled as well. Little did they know, they both were trying so hard to read each other’s mind but failed to do so. It frustrated them to finally have a person who they can’t read instantly. Krystal can’t even tell what he’s feeling. Krystal admitted to herself that it’s nice to be able to just sit down and not hear someone’s thoughts or feel what their feeling. They both stared at each other’s eyes and to them it seemed as if time stopped. “Krystal get your inside now.” A woman said with a serious tone causing both of them to get out of their trance. Jung Kook finally let go of her hand and they both stood up. “I gotta go…ms.g is a real pain.” Krystal said. Jung Kook nodded as a smile formed. “See you tomorrow?” He asked. Krystal looked at him. She knew he was anticipating her answer. “Of course.” She answered before she began to head inside the orphanage, leaving a smile on Jung Kook’s face. 

Jung Kook walked in his house and closed the door slowly to not make a sound. He sighed in relief when he successfully did it. He turned around and jumped in shock. “I thought you guys were sleeping.” Jung Kook said as he had his hand on his chest. His parents stared at him both giving him a glare. “Do you know how late it is? Where were you?” Hyuk asked with a serious tone. Jung Kook sighed as he began to walk to the kitchen. His parents followed. “I needed some fresh air…to think..” He lied. “jung Kook tell us the truth..where were you?” Nara asked. Jung Kook sighed. “I was with Krystal..” He answered truthfully. “Krystal?” They both asked at the same time. Jung Kook nodded. “You have a girlfriend and you didn’t tell us?!?” Hyuk said. Jung Kook shook his head repeatedly. “No No No she’s not my girlfriend—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Bring her here tomorrow, I want to meet her.” Nara said with a smile plastered on her face. Jung Kook sighed. “What is all the fuss about??” Yerin said as she walked in the kitchen. “Jung Kook has a girlfriend.” Nara answered. Yerin opened her eyes in shock. “Mom Krystal’s not my girlfriend…we’re friends.” Jung Kook explained. Hyuk looked at Jung Kook and smiled. “When you stare into her eyes, does your heart beat extremely fast?? Do you have an urge to Protect her? look out for her? Kiss her?” Hyuk asked rapidly. Jung Kook frowned. “Yes, yes, yes, and…no?” Jung Kook replied. “HA! You’re in love with her.” Hyuk said happily. “We just met today, there’s no way I fell for her—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Have you ever heard of love at first sight??” Nara said with a bright tone. “Mom no, you know I don’t believe in that.” Jung Kook responded. “Maybe you should—“ Hyuk was cut off. “Okay that’s enough. I’m done with this conversation.” Jung Kook said before he took a water bottle from the fridge and then made his way out of the kitchen to his room upstairs. 

The next day: 

Krystal sighed as she walked in the school. “How did you know I’m an orphan??” Tiffany said making Krystal flinch. “Um…I-i guessed..” Krystal lied. Tiffany scoffed. “If you ever say tell someone…I will ruin your life…trust me..” Tiffany said before she walked away. Krystal sighed as she began to walk towards her locker. She wondered where everyone was. The hall ways were empty. Krystal wandered around the school. She walked in a class room and looked out the window. “It’s so beautiful outside…” She said to herself. “I know.” A familiar voice replied causing her to jump in fear. She looked to her left and there was Jung Kook who was sitting on the floor. “Sorry I scared you Krystal.” Jung Kook said with a smile. Krystal walked to Jung Kook and sat down next to him. “Where is everyone?” She asked. “Today is field day.” Jung Kook answered. “So why are you not outside with your friends?” Krystal asked in confusion. Jung Kook looked at her. “Its too noisy out there.” Jung Kook admitted. Krystal smiled. “Yeah…it really is…” She muttered. “So why are you not outside?” Jung Kook asked as he slightly pushed her. Krystal chuckled. “I don’t like the sun very much.” Krystal admitted. “Oh come on the sun is amazing….aside from the tan it gives you but…it gives me energy and makes me feel free.” Jung Kook replied with a smile. “I prefer the moon…it’s calm…peaceful…” She responded as she stared at the window. Jung Kook nodded. “So are you okay now?” Jung Kook asked referring to what happened yesterday. Krystal nodded. “Yeah…it’s not anyone’s fault that they won’t adopt me…and most likely no one will…I’m already almost 17…It’s just…seeing those kids finally meeting their parents with their smile so big on their faces…I wish I could experience the same feeling…but at the end of the day..I can’t.” Krystal answered with a slight smile. “If you want to leave so bad, you can live with me.” Jung kook suggested making Krystal’s eyes opened wide.