chapter 12

I need u

Previously on I need u:  

“What makes us so different—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “You have anchors Jung kook!!!..you stay in control because of those around you—“ Krystal was cut off as well. “I can be your anchor!!” jung Kook said. “Jung kook—“ Krystal was cut off again. “No no no it’s my turn to speak.” Jung kook said in a serious tone. Krystal nodded slowly. “You ran away…you were scared I get that..” Jung kook paused for a moment trying to calm down. “Jung Kook what does that have to do with anything—“ Krystal was cut off. “Shut up!! It’s my turn to speak!!” Jung kook said with anger written in his tone. Krystal sighed and watched Jung kook as he began to pace back and forth. Rubbing his temples, he stopped pacing. He looked at Krystal, frowning his eyebrows. “You left me!!! And I needed you!!” Jung kook said with so much anger and frustration. Krystal looked at Jung Kook’s hands. They were slowly lighting on fire. “Jung kook—“ Krystal was cut off. “I’m not finished.” Jung kook said. Krystal looked down and began to play with her fingers. She felt bad knowing that she hurt him. “I needed you Krystal!! I was all alone!!…you may say we’re different but no one understands me better than you do…NO ONE DOES!!!” Jung kook bean to yell causing Krystal to flinch. Before anyone could even speak, the door opened revealing Sehun. “What the hell are you doing here??” The two boys asked each other simultaneously. Krystal looked at the two boys who were staring at each other. She could feel the tension between the two. “Guys—“ Krystal was cut off. “YOU LET THIS HAPPEN!!” Sehun yelled in anger as he walked in. Jung Kook scoffed. “JUST LIKE HOW YOU LET HER MESS UP HER HEAD!!” Jung kook yelled back. Sehun scoffed. “Krystal is gonna leave with me—“ Sehun was cut off. “Oh hell no…she’s coming home with me!!” Jung Kook said. “Guys..” Krystal called. However, both did not listen. Krystal watched as the two argued. She heard her heart monitor beep faster. The numbers going higher. “SHE DOESN’T NEED YOU!!” Sehun yelled. “Stop it..” She said. The two boys ignored her and continued to argue. She could feel her bed shake. She looked at the monitor. The numbers went higher and higher. She frowned as she shook her head. “SHE BELONGS TO ME!!!” Jung Kook yelled. Sehun scoffed. “SHE’S NOT AN OBJECT, YOU CAN’T JUST CLAIM HER!!” Sehun yelled back. Looking at Jung Kook and Sehun, Krystal yelled. “STOP IT!!” Everything stopped. 

…. 

….

….

Sehun and Jung kook looked at Krystal. “I’m sick and tired of you two arguing!!” Krystal said in frustration. Jung Kook sighed. “I’m sorry Krystal..” jung kook replied. Sehun nodded. “Yeah you better be.” Sehun said with anger written in his tone. Jung kook looked at Sehun, glaring at him. “Why are you even here huh?? You don’t know her, you can’t even possibly understand her like I can—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Enough!” Krystal said. The two looked at Krystal. Looking at Jung Kook, Krystal spoke. “jung kook please go.” She said. Jung kook froze. Did he just here that? “What? Krystal—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “Go!” Krystal repeated. Jung Kook scoffed and looked at Sehun who was slightly smirking. He then looked at Krystal.  “You prefer for me to leave and not him??” Jung Kook asked in disbelief. Krystal remained silent. Jung Kook scoffed once more. “Fine..I’ll go.” Jung kook said. Jung kook pushed Sehun out his way causing Sehun to push him back. Jung kook looked at Sehun, glaring at him. “Jung kook.” Krystal called. Jung kook looked at Krystal who was slightly shaking her head. Jung Kook scoffed once again. “This is bullish*t.” Jung kook muttered before he left the room. Sehun scoffed. “You’re friends with that d*ck?” Sehun asked in annoyance. Krystal slightly smiled. “He’s not a d*ck…he’s just angry..” Krystal replied. Sehun looked at Krystal and walked to her. “How are you feeling?” He asked. Krystal looked up at him. “I’m fine.” She answered with a smile. Sehun smiled. “You’re lying.” Sehun replied. Krystal scoffed softly. “How can you tell?” She asked. “I just can.” Sehun answered. Krystal slightly smiled. As silence filled the air, the two looked at each other. “So..you stopped the bus.” Krystal said. Sehun scoffed lightly. “Back to this topic I see..” He replied. Krystal nodded. “Oh come on…i won’t tell anyone.” Krystal responded. “Why are you so interested in this—“ Sehun was cut off. “Because we are the same in some level.” Krystal said. Sehun looked at her in confusion. “What do you mean?” He asked. Krystal looked down. Before she could even say anything, the door opened. “Oh wow..sorry for interrupting but I need to speak to my patient.” A mans said as he walked in. Sehun looked at the guy and nodded. “Are you family?” The guy asked. Sehun shook his head. “Uh…no…I’m just a friend.” Sehun answered. The guy nodded. “Oh I’m so sorry but I need to speak to her in private then.” The guy said. Sehun nodded. “Of course.” Sehun said before he headed to the door. As the guy walked next to Krystal, he spoke. “Close the door please.” The guy ordered. Sehun did as he was told and closed the door on his way out. 

Krystal looked at the guy. “Hi. My name is Dr. Damien Blake.” He said as he held out his hand. Krystal slightly smiled as she shook his hand. “Krystal.” She replied. He nodded. “I know the nurse was suppose to come and check up on you but I decided to do it myself.” He said. “Oh that’s okay.” Krystal replied. The doctor nodded. “Okay well I’ll just get right to the point then.” He paused for a moment. Looking at the chart he brought with him, he spoke. “Everything appears to be normal Krystal..in fact, you’ll heal just fine but I just want you to take it easy for a while.” He said. Krystal nodded as she watched him put the chart down on the bed. “However, there was something that caught my eye…” He said. Krystal looked up at him. “What is it?” She asked. “Your DNA is quite different.” He answered. Krystal froze. “W-what do you mean??” She asked. Dr. Damien Blake crossed his arms around his chest. "Well your genetic compounds are different compared to normal beings.” He answered. Krystal scoffed lightly. Before she could even respond, Dr. Damien Blake immediately spoke. “Why is that?” He asked as he rose his eyebrows. “I-I’m not sure.” She stuttered. The doctor scoffed. “Oh come on…I’m sure your parents can explain…would you like me to call them?” he asked. Krystal looked down. “I-i’m an orphan.” She stuttered. The doctor froze. “Oh…My apologizes Krystal…it was a rookie mistake..” He responded. Krystal nodded. “Well…I’ll be back to check up on you…I have to quickly check my other patients before my break.” Dr. Damien blake said before he grabbed the chart. Krystal watched him leave the room. She sighed in relief. “Oh god…that was freaking scary…” She muttered. Putting her hair behind her ear, Krystal sighed. She looked around the room and spoke. “I have to get out of here before he finds out anything..” She muttered as she began to sit up. She groaned in pain as she turned her body.She placed her feet on the hard cold floor and tried to stand on her feet but failed, falling to the ground. She winced in pain. Using the bed for support, she tried to stand up. Finally she got up. Looking at the heart monitor, she looked at her body. She immediately began to take off the sticky pads on her chest which was contacted to the heart monitor. As the heart monitor flat lined, she rapidly took off took off the needles and tubes connected to her arms. She hesitated for a moment before finally took a step. After being able to take one, she hurriedly left the room, trying to leave.

Jung kook sighed in frustration as he walked in his room, closing the door behind him. He took off his jacket, throwing it on his bed. He was beyond tired but he couldn’t go to sleep. Jung kook flinched upon hearing a knock on the door. “Come in.” Jung kook said as he sat down on his bed. The door opened, revealing J-hope, jung kook’s best friend. “Hey man.” J-hope said as he walked in, closing the door behind him. Jung kook slightly smiled. “Hey..” Jung Kook replied. “Hey..” Jung Kook replied. “How’s Krystal?” J-hope asked as he sat down next to Jung Kook. Jung Kook scoffed. “Great I guess.” He answered with frustration written all over his tone. “I can’t believe she shot herself..all because she didn’t want to hurt anyone..” J-hope said. Jung Kook nodded. “Did you talk to her?” J-hope asked. “Sort of…sometimes talking to her is like talking to a brick wall…” Jung Kook answered. J-hope’s eyebrows furrowed. “What do you mean?” He asked. Jung kook sighed. “She keeps on talking about how there’s no way I can help her…she says I have anchors and that she doesn’t…and because of that..she’s dangerous.” Jung kook explained. j-hope nodded. Jung kook sighed in frustration as he ruffled his hair. The scene kept on replaying on his head. “So that’s your automatic go to plan…to hurt yourself before you hurt others??…wow..thats bull sh*t.” Jung Kook said in frustration. Krystal looked at Jung Kook as he stood up. “You know I was so worried about you….worried that I was gonna lose you…A-and I guess you would’ve been okay with dying because you think you’re so dangerous—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “I am dangerous!!” Krystal said. Jung Kook scoffed once more. “We’re not dangerous!! We’re just different.” Jung Kook replied. Krystal shook her head. “You’re not dangerous Jung Kook…I am..” Krystal responded. Jung Kook shook his head. “No you’re not..you're just struggling to control your powers and with my help—“ Jung Kook was cut off. “How many times do I have to tell you that we’re not the same jung kook!!” Krystal said. Jung kook looked at J-hope. “We’re not dangerous J-hope…we’re just different…why doesn’t my mom get that??…why doesn’t my dad get that??…why doesn’t Krystal get that??” Jung kook asked with a sad tone. J-hope sighed. “I don’t know man..” J-hope said as he patted Jung Kook on the back. “I’m just so tired this…” Jung Kook paused for a moment. Releasing another sigh, Jung Kook spoke. “You know..I was right…my mom and dad knew something…and they lied to me…it had to take Krystal to shoot herself for them to finally tell me the truth…and what they told me…I don’t even know if I believe it myself..” Jung Kook finished. 

Krystal speed walked down the hallway as she clutched onto her stomach. “I can do this..” Krystal muttered. She looked at the elevator ahead and began to speed walk towards it. “Krystal?” Someone called causing her to stop. She turned around and looked at the person. “Dr. Damien Blake.” She muttered. “What are you doing??” he asked rapidly. Krystal gulped. “Getting some fresh air.” She lied. The doctor scoffed. “But you aren’t even permitted to step out yet.” He replied. Krystal looked at him. Hearing the elevator doors open, Krystal immediately turned back around and began speed walking towards it. Dr. Damien Blake immediately ran after her. “Krystal wait.” He said as he grabbed her arm, turning her around. Out of fear, Krystal unleashed a small shockwave that managed to throw Dr.Damien Blake a couple of feet away from her. Shocked of what she just did, Krystal immediately spoke. “I’m so sorry!” Krystal said with a shaken voice. Krystal then immediately ran inside the elevator. She looked at Dr. Damien Blake as he stared at her with wide eyes. Clicking the elevator button, the elevator door began to close. The two eyes stayed connected as the door closed. “I’m so sorry.” She repeated before the elevator door closed. As the elevator went down to the first floor, Krystal panicked. “D-Did I hurt him??” She thought as she paced around the elevator. Shaking her head, Krystal rubbed her temples. After a moment, the elevator doors finally opened. Krystal sighed in relief as she made it towards the exit. “Come on..” She muttered as she clutched onto her wounds. As she headed out, she felt a hand on her shoulder. “Wait.” A familiar voice said. Turning around, she looked up at him. “Dr.Damien Blake..” She muttered. “Where are you going?” He asked worriedly. Krystal remained silent as she stood there. Dr. Damien Blake sighed. Looking at her stomach, he noticed that there was blood. “You need help.” He said. Krystal looked down at her stomach, noticing the blood. “I-I’m fine..” She stuttered. Dr. Damien Blake shook his head. “No..you’re not..” He replied. Krystal looked up at him. “You’re not…freaked out…” She said. Dr. Damien Blake slightly smiled. “I’m not easily shaken.” He responded. Krystal remained silent. “I-I…I-i'm so sorry—“ Krystal was cut off. “Enough with the apologies…let me help you..” He said. Krystal slightly smiled and nodded. “Come on..let me take you to a safe place..” Dr. Damien Blake said with a soft tone. Dr. Damien Blake held onto her, helping her walk to his car. “Don’t worry Krystal…I’m not a bad guy, you can trust me.” Dr. Damien Blake said reassuring her that she’s in safe hands. 

“What is this place?” She asked as she stared at the ceiling. "I live here..” He answered as he was re-stitching Krystal’s wounds. Krystal looked around. “You live here??…this is like a small hospital—“ Krystal was cut off. “Indeed it is..It’s my private clinic...where I can help people who has no insurance.” He said. Krystal nodded, staring back at the ceiling. “There..” He said, as he finished putting a bandage on her wounds. Krystal slowly sat up as she winced in pain. “Take it easy from now on.” He added. Looking at him, Krystal spoke. “Thank you.” She said. Dr. Damien Blake nodded. “You’re welcome.” He replied as he wiped the blood off his hands with a small towel. Walking to the cabinets, Dr. Damien Blake opened it taking out a pair of sweats with a plain white t-shirt. “I’m sorry…this is all I have..” He said as he walked to her. Krystal slightly smiled. “It’s okay..” She said as she took the clothes from him. He nodded. “I’ll get you something to eat while you change.” Dr. Damien Blake responded before he left Krystal alone in the room. Krystal sighed as she changed her clothes, putting on the sweats and white t-shirt. She cautiously walked around the room, checking things out. She flinched upon hearing the door open. “All I have is a container filled with fruits and a bottle of water.” He said as he showed her the two items. Krystal slightly smiled. “It’s okay..” She replied as she walked to him. He nodded as he smiled. He watched her as she took the two items and leaned against the table. Opening the container, Krystal immediately grabbed a grape and ate it. “So…when did you…” Dr. Damien Blake paused. He tried to figure out how to say it. “When did I get powers?” She asked. “Yeah..” He replied as he scratched the back of his head. Krystal sighed. “Well…I always had them since I could remember…” She said. He nodded as leaned against the table right next to her. He looked at her as she ate the fruits. “How does it feel??…your powers I mean..” He asked. Krystal stopped eating. She sighed as she looked at him.“I don’t know um…it’s intense…and terrifying…I don’t really know how to stop it…” Krystal answered. Dr. Damien Blake looked at her. “Maybe I could help you..figure everything out…” He replied. Krystal’s eyebrows furrowed. “Why?? I hurt you…I don’t deserve help…I’m dangerous...” She said. Dr. Damien Blake grabbed her hand. “You’re not dangerous…you’re just different...and there's nothing wrong with that.” He responded. 

Note: I hope you guys liked this chapter!! Please comment on what you think! :) also you guys were just introduced to a new character named Dr. Damien Blake.