Episode 60

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

제60회 

 

 

 

Unlike the morning before, her day started better as she woke up to rosy scent filling the room. Not a single reply since Hoya texted her and her calls gone straight to voicemail, erasing all hopes to track him down. "Is he still asleep?" Yeji blurts a mumble, letting sunlight in the room before going off to shower.

Today's checklist is going to the airport, again meet the wedding planner and more wedding details.

Let's just hope the Bridezilla does not come out or in my case Maid-of-Honorzilla. Shoo, go away! 

Her choice is donning a knee length dress and let down hair, contradicting each other by color. I kept my hair short- not that short, right at my shoulder. I love that burgundy color I had last year but Tae Yang said the color's too bright. I sort of gave the students a culture shock at my first visit so... oh well. Settling with a simple braid on the side, Yejin brushed her bangs one more time before putting on her sneakers.

She knew she was forgetting something as she looked around the room for the last time. Oh, right.

The roses came back to life with newly changed water beneath their stems, glimmering in the crystal clear vase, creating peace in both body and mind of whoever sees it.

I'll be back.

 

 

 

Yejin's handphone is still new- three months old to be exact- giving her no faulty excuse that the gadget is functioning poorly to allow her to reach Hoya. It worked well even inside the elevator, proven by incoming messages and a call from Dongwoo saying he too has no knowledge of Hoya's whereabous.

He's not doing this on purpose, isn't he? I even promised I'd treat him dinner. Where is he?

"Hi, I'm staying in room 0802." She began asking, standing in front of the hotel receptionist with a purpose. "There's a, um- flowers in my room when I came in last night and I thought I'd like to say thank you for sending them. You know, it's a bit odd knowing usually hotel guests get complimentary gifts on their first day but thank you anyway. Pink roses happen to be my favorite."

Okay. Too long of a speech, should've stopped until the first thank you. She's giving me that 'what is she talking about' look. Yejin maintains her smile, clearing subtly before tucking strands of hair behind her ear though finding the receptionist's reaction a bit disturbing.

"I'm sorry, miss but the hotel did not send any bouquet to your room."

"What do you mean?"

There's no way that bouquet magically popped into my room. I'm certainly not imagining things because they're still there when I woke up and I even changed the water so... "Are you sure?" She repeats her doubt, refusing to accept the given answer. The only one who have access to my room is me and the housekeeping or any hotel staff which they have no other reason to enter my room. Am I right? I am right.

Another hotel staff made his appearance, assumed to be senior in rank judging by how the receptionist greeted him conversing to his colleague discreetly before bowing to puzzled looking Yejin.

Hesitated, but she responded anyway. 

Hesitated, but she responded anyway.

"My apologies, Miss Shin. The hotel did send you flowers. The name of the sender, however, I'm afraid I am not allowed to tell you. I hope you understand."

What's this, being mysterious and all? Is it… Hoya? A new realization dawned in her thoughts, urging her to scroll down her inbox for any unread messages and there was one.

Cheater. You know me too well. A subtle yet pleased grin appeared as she faces the hotel manager again. “It’s alright. Tell him I said thanks.” The manager accepted Yejin’s answer, excused himself leaving the receptionist to greet the incoming guests who came in pair, a young couple who’s no stranger to Yejin.

“You came!” She announced, firstly wrapping her arms around Yuri and then high-fiving Sungyeol gleefully. They are both expected and as they say, the more the merrier. Too bad Hoya missed this. It’s his loss then. “How’s Japan?”

“Good.” Yuri was casual, running her fingers through her hair while taking off her shades. Tiredness shows in effect of flying but nevertheless her cheerful attitude keeps her spirit lifted for this trip. Yejin looked different since their last meeting; the color of her hair is now a lighter shade of brown and more defined features suggesting the girl lost weight.

“How’s Sungyeol?” Yejin asked again, total mischief included aiming for Sungyeol as the target of her prank.

Yuri reacted immediately, growing blush on her cheeks as well as Sungyeol who flinched as expected. What? I didn’t mean to be naughty. It depends on what they have in mind. Speaking of which, what do they have in mind? That particular thought caused Yejin to bite her lip, insisting to play a little longer.

“I’m standing right here.” Sungyeol said, hoping to distract Yejin with his voice yet unfortunately, his attempt went in vain as Yuri added, joining in the fun whispering, “Oh, he’s fine.”

“Again, I am standing right here.”

The girls laughed. Giggled, actually. We’re just teasing, Yeol.  

“Is this the bride and groom?”

A woman in a monochrome two-piece suit, radiating professionalism in her aura joins in next to Yejin. She held a tablet, a must item when at work, introducing herself as Yoo In Na the wedding planner. Her hair was up in a ponytail as always making her a few years younger by appearance.  

Yejin pointed them out one by one, letting them greet each other with a formal handshake. “No. These are my friends, Kwon Yuri and Lee Sungyeol. Yuri designed the wedding dress.” The girl nodded, showing the garment bag enveloping the dress she brought along held by Sungyeol.

That reminds me, I have to go to pick up the real bride and groom.

 

 

 

= = = = = = = =

 

 

 

Their plane scheduled to land at noon. Yejin arrived thirty minutes early, giving her time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter