Episode 18

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I miss you!! Sorry for the delay. Last week was hectic. The poll is closed (I'm going to delete it) and thank you for putting your vote. Now, for the reveal. Take it away, Yejin.

 

 

제18회 

 

 

 

By the time morning comes, the air conditioner already turned off and the blanket was pushed down to her stomach. The changing temperature started to bother Yejin as it is nearing the time to wake up. Little by little her eyes open to a different yet familiar surrounding. Where am I?

It took her a while to recognize the handmade logo of her name hung on the left side of the bed and a vase of pink roses sitting on the table at the right side. Oh. She was in her own bedroom.

It felt like a dream.

The phone suddenly blasted with A Pink's Mr. Chu, taking her away from her thoughts. "Director Kim?" What an odd timing. Carefully, her finger slides on the screen. "Hello...?"

"Are you going to work today?" 

Her eyes grew in size. It was already thirty five minutes after eight o'clock. She gasped.

"Come back tomorrow." Yejin had no time to react when the line already disconnected. He just gave her a day off. It was nothing new, but coming from Sungkyu was definitely unexpected. Everyone knows how strict he is.

The phone beeped right after. She scrolled down, this time it was a text message from Woohyun. "Wake up, sleepyhead." She reads. "Good morning." She typed back, not forgetting to add a smiley face. Her body drops back to the mattress as she stares into the ceiling.

"Yejin!" 

Her eyes hurt from the blinding light, the effect of sitting in the dark too long. "Are you okay?" He took a step backwards, trying to get a better look at her. The elevator was stuck between the third and fourth floor. After he managed to open the elevator, he discovered only one third of the elevator was visible. She will be able to get out if... "Yejin! You have to jump!" 

She scooted closer to the end. "No way." She is not going to jump off the elevator. The distance, she had to exaggerate, was too great. Her feet was far off from the ground. "I can't." Her voice falters thanks to her fear of heights. He let out a huff. It was a time of crisis, but her concern was understandable. "It"s okay. You're going to be fine." 

She hesitates, her head peers out to verify. Immediately, she refuses. "It's too dangerous. I'm going to-" 

"No, you won't." His voice lowered into a softer tone. "I'll catch you when you fall." His expression too looked more gentle than before, continuing to give her assurance. It was the same look that he gave her that night. 

The gap was not that big, thus Yejin had to bend her body as she adjusted her position. He was looking up, ready to catch her. Yejin inhaled deeply, counting seconds in her head. "One, two..." 

He didn't get to say three.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

Sitting in the house resulted in nothing but boredom. So, she decided to pick up her purse and go out. But for the time being not using the elevator seemed like a better option. This could be a good exercise. Her purse swings on one hand while her feet struts along in a pleasant rhythm. "Going somewhere?" 

"Oh, Sungyeol." She mused. "To the mart. You?" 

"I was thinking of the cafe but the mart sounds fine." Yejin chuckled at his playfulness. "You lead the way." 

They say two is better than one. "Sure." 

The trip to the mart took less than an hour. Sungyeol navigates himself to the green section where all the fruits and vegetables are. “What’s with the grocery shopping all of aa sudden?” Sungyeol asked, pushing the trolley forward while Yejin walked beside him going through her to-buy list. “I feel like doing something to thank you guys for last night. Besides, it’s been awhile since I cook.”

“You don’t cook at home?” 

“I do, but mostly I just whip up something simple or take out.” She passed by him, transferring a pack of tomatoes into the cart. “Today, I’m inviting you guys for dinner at my place.” She smiled bashfully, putting another pack of capsicums in. “What do you say?” 

Sungyeol had no chance to answer when ano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter