Episode 35

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

제35회 

 

 

 

Solstice's women shoes upcoming fall collection.

Baek Yerin's solo album.

There's a new drama starring So Jisub and Shin Min Ah playing on TV. Oh, and Henry from Super Junior M is in it too.

 

Think of something else. Something else.

Anything but...

Work! Back to work!

 

Her focus shifted back to the front, she tried hard, absorbing Manager Han's voice throughout the presentation.

Solstice hired them to advertise their shoes. Solstice is a rising star joining other recognized labels around the world. The Korean brand gained credits for elegance and heavy sense of fashion in the designs. Her eyes went shut again, hearing nothing but Manager Han's voice. At times, she scribbled a few pointers in her notebook. Any hint is crucial for the final presentation.

"Shoes. Think about shoes." She mumbled, the words became audible occassionally before lowering her voice in presence of colleagues. Yejin chose not to do eye contacts unless necessary, heading back to her desk and still mumbling. Straps. High heels. Flats. Wedges. Peep-toes. Mary Jane. Flip flops. Stille- An arm pulled her backwards, her back collide with a sturdy chest.

"Huh?"

"Talking to yourself. You're weird, you know that?"

"Uh... okay." Yejin gave a halfhearted reply much to his concern. He silently watches his former assistant walking nervous steps back to her cubicle.

The usual Yejin would be sassy.

She lazily dropped herself onto the chair. A one hour meeting feels like six hours long thanks to lack of sleep. Yejin released soreness in her muscles through stretching. I wish Jaehun makes me a cup of caramel macchiato right now. Imagining the visual of white creamy foam on top of milk and espresso mixed together into perfection makes water. Thankfully with her mind rejecting everything else her body still craves for something to eat.

But then recalling the kiss takes away her appetite again. Huh. “I think I’m going to be sick.”

Yejin jerked upon feeling a hand on her forehead. Reflex almost made her swing her arm towards the person responsible if only he wasn’t for the boss himself. Instead, the best she can do was a rather cute glare. He pulled the chair over facing her properly. This is new. The way he stares somehow impresses her.

The usual Sungkyu would care less.

“You don’t look so good.” Sungkyu’s comment resulted in a frown. He inches closer towards the girl, actually quite disturbed by lifeless looking Yejin although her continuous pout and crossing her arms made it a little better. “How would you know?”

He knew because he was looking at her earlier. “You kept touching your lips. How could I miss that?” He paused at the last sentence. Darn. He actually blurted without thinking.

“M-my lips?” There she goes again. Her fingers instinctively went up to her lips. This is bad. Time has not been able to erase it from memory. She could still taste it; the soft pressing of his lips against her, strands of his hair in between her fingers and the tipsy feeling on top of it was enough to stir her within. Really, really bad. All of it. She needs to get it out of her system fast.

“I need to lie down.”

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

This is unexpected.

"Calm down, boy. I'm here to see her." Her slender finger pointed to Seolhee. Woohyun portray dislike being called 'boy' or the fact that she showed up in Cafe Bloom but as if she cares. Yuri is here for Seolhee.

Yet as always Seolhee chose to be nice.

She led Yuri to a table somewhere near the window giving them privacy from the other customers. Jaehun came briefly with two cups of coffee, probably because no one else is willing to serve the heiress. "Decaf latte and cappuccino." He recited. Seolhee thanked him with a smile before he returns to his station.

Now it's just Seolhee and Yuri. "What brings you here, Yuri-ssi?"

A smirk. Straight to the point as they say. "Your place is nice." Yuri paused, having a sip of latte. Seolhee was less intrigued by the compliment yet she enjoys her agony. "This is about Sungkyu, isn't it?"

"Sungkyu and Yejin," She corrected. "They are together. Behind your back."

"I don't believe you."

"Why do you think Yejin spends extra hours working late more t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter