Episode 4

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

제4회

 

 

 

 

She dared not to open . Her eyes travelled back and forth between Woohyun and the guy who were still on their staring contest. She bit her lip in anxiety, silently praying their argument will not turn physical. People are watching them. 

"I am truly sorry. This was my fault. I will compensate you." Seolhee darted between them, repeatedly bowing to the customer. Her presence widen the gap between the guys. 

"You," He pointed to Woohyun. She waited for him to continue. His gaze moved between Seolhee and Woohyun, picking up his planner and walked out. The rest were left with sighs of relief, except for Seolhee. Did he just...

"Seolhee, are you okay?" Her mind redirected her to Woohyun who looked concern. "Did he hurt you in any way?" She shook her head immediately. She let Woohyun checking her wrist for any marks although she was certain there would be any. She had a strong grip but he wouldn't hurt her. "Are you sure?" 

He would not hurt her. She did not know why she thought of that yet she was so sure he wouldn't.  "Seolhee?" 

"I'm okay. Thank you for helping me." Hearing her voice sent him relief. A quirky grin blossomed on his lips. "If it wasn't for me, you'd be in trouble. Would you like to repay me?"

"How?" 

"Go on a date with me."

"What?" The two looked at each other, then burst into laughter. One thing he learned about Woohyun was he was known for his greasiness. She looked like a target since she was only girl around. If it wasn't for Kyung Il who told her on the first day she might be falling for it already. "A date? Nam Woohyun..." She continued laughing, unable to notice his sheepish smile. "It's a no then?" 

"A date sounds nice, but maybe later. Right now, we have to clean this up." She bend down to pick up the fallen cup. 

Later. It wasn’t a no. The answer was good enough for now. 

 

 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her pen dropped to the floor. Her glare went to Nara who nudged her arm earlier. “What’s up with him?” Yejin had no way to fulfill her curiosity but with a shrug. She had no idea either. Kim Sungkyu came into the office with threatening aura, intimidating everyone with his presence. 

Did he wake up from the wrong side of the bed? I’m dying to know. 

I wouldn’t bother if I’m not the one who attends to his needs. Unfortunately, I have to. I was appointed to be his temporary assistant until the new one arrives. I had no choice but to follow him around like a puppy. 

 Just great. 

"Good morning, team leader Kim.” The greeting echoes into the office, alerting everyone of his arrival. Nara already went back to her cubicle as if their conversation never happens. Neat, check. Note book, check. “Good morning, team leader Kim!” Smile, check. 

He stopped his track. Yejin too remained in her spot, clenching her teeth as the smile of hers slowly turning into an awkward grin. Perhaps she overdone it? “My office, now.” 

“After you, team leader.” Her awkward grin changed into frustration after the director turned his back against her. He’s in a bad mood. Messing with a person like him in that condition would mean looking for trouble. Fighting! Nara mouthed to her with an apologetic look. What to do? It must be her fate. 

I’m sure you must be curious about this team leader Kim. I’ll tell you who he is. 

His name is Kim Sungkyu, twenty six years old and graduated from Canada. His grandfather owns the Woollim Group, our country’s top manufacturing company. Tall, rich and educated. Perfect isn’t he? 

The only flaw that he has (I speak for everyone) is he’s cold. Yup, he only speaks when he needs to and when he does… Let’s just say, you don’t want to get on his bad side. My first impression was he was trying to keep it professional and work related but as the day went on, I found a perfect word to describe him. 

Impossible.

Perfectionist is an understatement. He’s a robot.    

"Name?" 

"I am Shin Yejin." I kept my face straight as he approached me. Oh my, he's actually tall. Or is it because I'm short? "Sir." My lips curved slightly upwards to look more at ease. Yet the new director didn't budge. 

"You're coming with with me," 

Somebody save me.

Per to Man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter