Episode 9

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : The song for this chapter is 빈틈 by Ken (VIXX) and Hani (EXID). I like the sweet melody ^^ Double update for today! 

 

 

제9회

 

 

 

 

 

 

The presentation starts in half an hour. Slowing down her running towards the building, Yejin sighed in relief as she enters the lobby. She still has time to spare yet it was better to use it to prepare for her presentation. Yejin tapped her foot impatiently while the elevator brought her up. 

Once she set foot in her department, she was welcomed by Kim Sungkyu’s unhappy look. “I’m sorry, Director Kim. I’ll start now.” The dark circles beneath her eyes were visible, even after she concealed it with BB cream. Did she even go to sleep last night? 

“Oh no," He heard her gasp. There's no way she could hide it. She was already caught with her anxiety. As he goes closer towards her, the anxiety doubles. No, it tripled. "Uh... Director Kim?" 

"What?" She swallowed hard. Also praying he won't eat her alive. "The USB drive... I left it at home." 

"You what?!" His voice echoes in the hallway. Yejin kept her gaze down. This is not the right time to make an eye contact. "I-I left in a hurry this morning and... and..." 

"Shin Yejin!" She closed her eyes in fear. I'm going to die today for sure. She dared not to say more because that will provoke him even more. The other workers joined the drama as the audience. The clients were inside the meeting room waiting for them and she had nothing to show them. 

Kim Sungkyu breathed in frustration. This is really... Even if he tells her to go back and retrieve the USB drive the clients will have to wait a little longer and that will be a huge disadvantage to them. "I... I am sorry, Director Kim..." 

"Sorry is meaningless right now, Shin Yejin." He clenched his teeth. "At this point, you are going to get f-" 

"Wait!" Yejin lifted her head, following the direction where Kim Sungkyu turned to. There Seolhee was, looking unhappy and confused at the same time. "You?" 

"You?" He retorted back, looking puzzled as well. "What are you doing here?" 

Wait a minute. They knew each other? 

"I brought the USB drive," She claimed, taking the device out of her bag. In the midst of it all, Yejin hugged her friend and whispering'thank you' to her gratefully before going back into the meeting room. Finally, she confronted the director herself. "You're Director Kim?" 

“You’re the friend that owns the café.” He finally realized. The fact that made him think it was Woohyun because she wore an apron. It was natural for him to assume her as a staff. Seolhee wasn’t entertained at all. Stories about Kim Sungkyu came to life when she saw him venting out on Yejin. “Yes,” She confirmed. The fear she had during their first meeting turned into courage instead. She saw how Yejin worked hard to finish her presentation and she was not going to let it go into vain. “Don’t talk to my friend like that!” 

“How dare you?” His eyes grew wider at her threat. He was going to open his mouth to retaliate when he caught someone coming their way. The familiar silhouette of hers alarmed him immediately. Uh oh. “Follow me,”

“What? Hey, let me go!” Seolhee struggled to free her wrist from his grasp but clearly he was stronger. He successfully brought her into his office. He closed the door behind her. Fear emerged in her head as she found herself between the door and him. “L-let me go…”

“Sshh… Be quiet.” He whispered. Seolhee obeyed, if it means he will not do anything she did not approve of. The two of them drowned in silence. She waited for him to speak, uncertain of the current situation. Unknowingly, she pressed her lips together. 

Her heart was beating loudly. She was afraid he could hear it. 

“Don’t move.” He whispered again. He moved closer,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter