Episode 22

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Didn't feel good about this chapter so I rewrite it. Forgive the delay. 

You know I love you right?

Give me some love ♥♥♥

 

 

제22회 

 

 

 

He’s got that look again. 

What now?  Yejin remembered the time when Seolhee came home looking sullen and locked herself in her room. Now Sungkyu came into the office like he’s ready to swallow someone alive. 

This and that one were never a coincidence.   

But I have better things to worry about. She glanced at the hung clock on top of the office entrance. It’s lunch time. I’m hungry.

The sun shines brightly despite the presence of clouds, providing a shady afternoon for all people of Seoul. One hour is provided for lunch and Yejin prefers every single minute used to rejuvenate. Even with having a car, she chose to walk to a restaurant five minutes away from the agency. The trip saves time, plus she doesn’t have to worry about parking space.

“Excuse me, miss?” Her path got blocked by a man smiling at her awkwardly. “Miss Shin Yejin?” The way he said her name sends chills to her spine. The grip on her purse tightened, in case he wants to rob her or worse. “Who’s asking?” 

She’s ready to run. 

“Someone wants to see you.” The man announced. He pointed to a shiny black van parked on the side of the street. It looked luxurious but the features were less convincing to her. Black is another name for dangerous. 

The guy, apparently, takes ‘no’ for an answer, because the next thing he did was grabbing her arm towards the van. “Hey, let me go!” Yejin struggles to free herself, but his manly grip thwarted her efforts. Her bag was back in the office; otherwise it would be a great weapon for counterattack.

Within a minute, she was pushed into the van and the door closed behind her. A familiar face greeted her with his well known cold gaze and stoic expression. What the- His appearance confuses her more. 

I got kidnapped by… “L?”     

“Hi there,” His thin lips offered a smile. Suddenly, she found herself lost of words. Is this a prank camera? “Forgive my manager. I wanted to invite you myself, but he insisted on doing it.” The man in question, now sitting in front of the wheel, threw an apologetic look. Now that he introduced himself, she recognized the type of van frequently used by celebrities. Why didn’t I notice it before?  “So, L-ssi…” 

“Myungsoo.” He cuts her off. “That’s my real name. Yejin noona, right?” She replied with a stiff laugh. She knew his real name; everyone in Korea does, so how did he know hers? He is even aware of their age difference. Which I want to stress, he’s only a year younger than I am.  “I’m sorry. I didn’t quite follow. What is going on?”

The idol reached for in front of him, taking a magazine from his bag pack. “This,” He showed the cover, ringing the bell to Yejin. 

It was the photo shoot she did with him once, themed in sportswear. Sungkyu made her replace the supposed model, partnering her with L. They appeared in a couple pose, L standing casually while Yejin rested her arm on his shoulder. The picture turned out okay, considering her lack of experience while L is a professional. 

I must say, this is not bad. “The fans love this cover so much, now it’s trending everywhere. I even got offered to star in a drama with Rain. Can’t you believe it? It’s a dream come true!” He cheered, his subtle smile now turned into a happy grin. “As my sign of gratitude, I want to take you out for lunch.”

A lunch date with L? “That’s flattering but I’m on a tight schedule. I have to get back before two. Sorry.”

“Fear not.” Myungsoo spoke, communicating to his manager through eye contacts. The manager received it and started the engine. “I’ll let your boss know. He won’t mind.” His wide grin replaced by confidence and a killer smirk. Many girls were smitten by that smirk. “What do you say?” 

This must be my lucky day. 

 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

 

When they say love changes a man, it might be true. Sungkyu appeared in Café Bloom with sunflowers in his hand. His handsome appearance attracted the female customers in the premise, but his eyes were set on on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter