Episode 26

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

제26회

 

 

“Okay, where do we go next?”

“Next?” Yejin nodded eagerly. The night breeze touches her skin the moment she stepped out of Munhwa Diner. It made her shudder before something draped over shoulders.

Warm. The familiar sensation chased away the chilly effect. She forgot about the jacket, simply rushing to catch up after Hoya who went to pay for their meal. “Put it on properly.” Yejin obeyed him, slipping her arms into the sleeves like she did earlier. Despite the jacket being bigger in size, it fits her frame perfectly. It sort of compliments my dress. Maybe I should match it with a jacket next time. “Oh, I know. Let’s go get some ice-cream.”

“Ice-cream?” Hoya raised an eyebrow. A full course meal and now she wants ice-cream? "Aw, don't look at me like that. I've been craving for ice-cream since yesterday." She pouted, continuing her persuasion with puppy eyes. These hormones are really getting into me. "Please... My treat. Okay?" With an 'okay' sign, she prayed that Hoya will comply to her wish just this once.

So, they did. Coincidentally, there was an ice-cream parlor not far from the diner. Yejin immediately lit up at the sight of the premise. "Come on,"

The sensation of her arms brushing against his skin jolted him up. It was subtle and brief but with lingering effect of fuzzyness. Yejin led him to the counter with nothing on her mind except a cup of ice-cream.

She has a mind like a child. Hoya kept his silence while she hums a tune in an evident good mood. Throughout the time he came to know her, he learned that Yejin has a sweet tooth; from caramel macchiato, caramel pudding to ice-cream. The excessive amount of sugar was to be blamed for her bubbly character.

Was caramel her favorite?

"Hoya," She nudged him in the arm. "Pick one,"

"No thanks. I'll pass." 

"I know you dislike sweet things, but ice-cream is not that sweet. I suggest my favorite, peppermint chocolate chip. Here," She offered a sample of ice-cream in a a spoon to him.

As expected, he still refuses. "Okay."

Boy, he's more unreadable than Sungkyu.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

Throwing her pride away, she said it first.

"I love you."

The three words echoed repeatedly until her voice registered in his mind. Seolhee grew anxious having him not saying a word in response. Say something. He's supposed to say something. Worry grew as she started to bite her own lips.

To hear it from Seolhee is a wish come true. As it should be, there was imaginary violin playing and fireworks. He literally wants to jump for joy. But why does he feel otherwise?

"I'm sorry. It just came out of my mind. I..."

"I love you too."

His lips brushed against hers, slowly indulging the sweet taste of her lips. She tasted like cherry. Carefully, Sungkyu cupped both her cheeks to secure her. He remembered the time Seolhee kissed him that made his heart race. The adrenaline rush surged through him, tilting his head as she finally granted him access.

It's a miracle how he was still standing while his legs turning into jelly.

Blood were still rushing to their head as their lips parted. Her cheeks were flushing red and shy looking Seolhee could not be any prettier than now.

This is what as it should be.

"Be mine."

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

Yejin let out an unsatisfied huff. "Admit it. You hogged all the good meat and left me with the rest." She walked in front of Hoya, admiring the night life of Seoul. The jacket was still on her and the fact dissolved his previous concern.

After the ice-cream trea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter