Episode 21

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I can't thank you enough, guys. I want to mention all of you but I don't want to leave out anyone, so... I LOVE YOU GUYS! Haha~ I took your ideas and incorporated them into THBF. Hopefully you will like it.

Did I mention you guys were awesome? Thanks to you guys, I finished drafting THBF. Now I can write properly. Can't wait to share it with you.

Hugs and kisses. XOXO

 

Here's a playlist of songs I listened to when I'm writing THBF. 

1. 마주면 수 있어 (Between Me and You) - Infinite

2. Need You Now - Henry ft. Hoya

3. I Need You - Sungkyu

4. 눈물만 (Tears) - Infinite

5. 빈틈 (Gap) - Ken & Hani

6. Pretty - Infinite H

My favorite is number 2. Really gets me into the mood. What about you?

 

________________________________________________________________

 

제21회

 

 

“How much did he give you? Five hundred thousand won? More? Perhaps a penthouse in Gangnam? A brand new car? Diamond necklaces? He’s the heir of Woollim Group, his money won’t run out for another million years!”

He was stupid. Even with anger conquering him, how can he say it to her face? 

He made himself a jerk. No, he’s an . The worst of them all. 

“Argh!” The mirror cracked in the middle, some bits of glass fell off to the sick and even stuck on his knuckles. He lifted his gaze to face the reflection in the mirror.

Woohyun remembered the first time he saw her. It was not the day he came for the job, but a week before that. He just got back his motorcycle and he felt the need to take it out for a spin. 

He was stopping at a red light when he saw her. 

She was standing across the street, coming out of the store. She was dressed in simplicity, only in pink top and knee length skirt. Her hair was partially tied up, her face naturally radiant under the sunlight.    

They were far from each other but he could hear her voice. She was yelling yet it sounded like the sweetest melody. The cuteness of hers showed through a frown not long after the escaping teenagers. 

He stepped away from traffic to observe more. 

Some kids ran into an old lady, scattering her groceries on the pavement.  Seolhee put her stuff aside, got down on both knees then joined the old lady in retrieving her grocery items. Seolhee offered her a smile, ignoring the public stare. 

The scene touched his heart. 

Woohyun let out a deep, deep sigh. No matter what he did, the guilt will never go away. 

“What have I done?” 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

Friday was the day Yejin got back to work. She felt reluctant to clock in, since tomorrow is Saturday. The casual Friday dress code was implemented, shown through her blouse and chiffon skirt completed with ballerina flats. Her braided ponytail danced in the wind as Yejin makes her entrance. 

She had no time to worry about the work she missed thanks to Nara. "Yejin! Big news!" The later ran to the chair in front of Yejin, surprisingly hadn't tripped on her high heels yet. "You're not going to believe this." 

I had no idea missing out a day would mean this. 

 

 

"Hello. I'm Kwon Yuri." Yejin tried not to cringe too much from Yuri's less sincere introduction. "Nice to meet you, Miss Kwon. I'm Shin Yejin." She greeted back, trying not to look so uneasy. Memory of being scolded by the President's daughter flashed briefly in her thoughts. Maybe sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter