The Royal Tour

Jaeling Café

THE ROYAL TOUR
That one little lady who buys VIP tickets to every show.


 

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Vienna. July 14th of 2015. Boys Republic's last tour day in Europe. They are holding their final fan 'meet and greet' session in front of the Szene Wien venue. Gosh. They will miss Europe... like a lot. It's the boys' first time traveling so far away from South Korea. The furthest they've ever gone was to nearby countries like Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, and Vietnam. They've been in Europe for ten days now... but it doesn't feel like ten days. Being able to meet up with many European fans and make precious memories and share awesome experiences. All the fun makes time fly. Some fans even flew in from other countries like the Americas. Yeah, speaking of America, specifically the USA, there's this one fan... right... this one fan...

 

Oh, and here she is now! A very devoted fan, she is... or just plain rich. She has been to every single performance since they started the Royal Tour in Paris nine days ago. Golden VIP ticket for every single one.

 

The petite, little lady makes her way around the table and waits for her turn most anxiously. She seems to be anxious... all the time. Wow. She has got a new set of albums for them to sign, too.

 

Talk about rich. 

 

The two German girls in front of her finally move, leaving the pink sticky notes they brought along with questions for the boys. Wonjun tries to call them back, but it's no use. So... the petite, little lady aka their very devoted rich fan decides to give them a helping hand.

 

"Hey, you two German girls. You forgot your question notes for Boys Republic here."

 

In one breath, she successfully captures the attention of the two girls. How? Uhh, because they understand her. She speaks German, of course. Lucky her.

 

Oops. Did she speak a little to loudly? The petite little lady glances around and re-adjusts her giant shades. She turns around and smiles at the boys.

 

"Annyeong. I missed you boys so much." She whispers.

 

Even with her giant shades on, they recognize her. How can they not? With in the ten days they've been in Europe, they've seen her eight times. Plus, her happy energy and high sweet voice are hard to forget. 

 

"Ling Ling! It's nice to see you again." Wonjun, the leader of Boys Republic, greets her in mediocre English.

 

"Awww... you remember me. That's why I love you best, Wonjun-ie."

 

The boys don't really understand her English... but does it really matter? Just nod and smile, boys. Nod and smile. Wait... why isn't she speaking in Korean? She knows German but not Korean? Wut? She must not love Boys Republic enough to learn Korean!

 

Anyway... in the middle of touching Sungjun's hair... Lingling spots the person she's been trying to avoid.

 

Her husband. Yep. Yep. The tall, handsome Korean-American man named... JJ. He's here to drag her back home. But, she doesn't wanna go home... well, not yet, anyway.

 

Moving along. Lingling spots him among the crowd. Crap. Time to hide. She looks from side to side... then, down at the long table. She eyes the boys and makes the 'shhh' gesture with an index finger to the lips. "I'm not here, boys. I'm not here, okay? You've never seen meeee!"

 

Lingling ducks under the table, making the surprised maknae, Suwoong, stand up in the process. He immediately sits himself back down when a tall Asian man approaches the table, cutting everyone else in line. Where the hell is the fan control staff?

 

Sunwoo casually grabs the closest bottle of water (Minsu's) and takes a long swig. This guy standing in front of them vaguely reminds them of someone... yeah... someone...

 

When the guy starts dishing out Korean like a pro, they're just like... o.o. He must be... but... no, he can't be. He has his sunglasses and fedora on... so they can't be absolutely certain... but...

 

"Hey guys, sorry to interrupt your thing, but... have you seen a short, Asian woman in her late twenties, early thirties? She's a fan. I know you've seen her before, but have you seen her today? She's this tall with big eyes. Light brown hair... a little reddish. High squeaky voice. Doesn't act her age. Her name is Lingling."

 

Sungjun's eyes repeatedly look down at the table and then up at JJ again. "No. Haven't." But his eyes totally say 'yes.' He is kind of tired of the woman touching his hair at every meet.

 

"I see... thanks anyhow." JJ moves a few meters back, waiting for her to come out from underneath the table. When she does...

 

"Found you, Lingling. You're not getting away this time. Lingjae's been whining for his mommy for the past week. He is with my sister right now, but you... you're—"

 

Lingling makes her way into her husband's arms, pretending to feel ashamed. But, she is sooo not ashamed... Lingjae is totally fine. She spoke to him over the phone last night.

 

Mmmhmm... time for Plan B. Lingling snatches JJ's shades and knocks off his hat before screaming, "Jae Joong! OMO, It's Jae Joong! JAE JOONG FROM JYJ!"

 

The boys of Boys Republic are just plain confused... isn't Jaejoong enlisted in the army? He can't be here... he just can't...

 

Who cares. With fan girls clamoring to get a good view of 'Jaejoong,' Lingling makes her escape.

 

Haha. Works every time. Yep. One of the many sweet perks of having an idol look-a-like spouse. 
 

 

Postscript: After the official announcement of Boys Republic's Summer Euro tour 2015, The Royal Tour, I had a dream. It should have been a dream of us going to see Boys Republic in Europe, but it ended up with Jaejoong and Xinling instead. I tend to have vivid dreams where I find myself in the body of Jaejoong or Xinling looking out. I'm crazy, right? I'm crazy. There's more to the dream involving Rose (Shadow_Reiya), hotel rooms, dinner with Boys Republic, and Xinling tying bows in Jaejoong's hair, but... LMAO. If I still remember it a month from now, then... maybe.

 

RELATED: News: Boys Republic presents THE ROYAL TOUR

BACK TO MENU