Lady Blossom and the Honored Guard

Jaeling Café

LADY BLOSSOM AND THE HONORED GUARD
Your wish awaits, protector.
 

 

 

Having been summoned by Xinling, the fairy of the chalice... the lady of blossoms, the honored guard, Hero, sets foot inside the inner palace. "Do you require assistance, fairy lady? My body is at your command."

 

With a graceful sweep, she repositions her milky white legs over the crystal throne and beckons him to draw closer. "You have served me well, Hero. Your loyalty has kept my precious chalice out of harm's way."

 

"It is my bounded duty to protect my fairy lady and her chalice." He places his right hand over his heart and bows deeply... respectfully.

 

Xinling tilts her head and smiles. "Yes... you have protected us well and I wish to repay you for your service."

 

His eyes lift. They are filled with hurtful longing. His thoughts are visible for the fairy to see.

 

"I know what it is your heart desires, Hero. Shall I grant you your heart's greatest desire?" 

 

The beads of tears in his eyes threaten to fall. He is overcome with unbridled emotion. It renders him speechless. But... he need not speak.

 

"I have trusted you with my life... and now... I will trust you with my beloved chalice." Her hands lift like two doves taking flight. The black chalice materializes, contrasting harshly between the whiteness of her long fingers. Richly engraved with arcane symbols and adorned with precious gems, it winks temptation. A thin film of mist glazes over her eyes as she whispers ancient incantations. The light forming at her fingertips are immediately absorbed into the body of blackness.

 

"Come forward, Hero. Come take the chalice from me."

 

His hand reaches out with unfathomable yearning. His wish... his wish will be fulfilled at last.

 

"This is my gift to you. Be true. Be wise. This chalice contains only one wish fulfillment. In the hour between night and day, speak your heart's greatest desire and drink from the chalice. Hero... it is important that you be true and wise in your wish... for I will not give you another."

 

• • • • • • 

 

Hero returns to his bedchamber... to wait most anxiously for the hour he will be reunited with her... the one he loves most in all the world.

 

In the hour between night and day, he speaks his wish out loud. True and wise. "I wish to have my lover come back to me." He drinks from the chalice. A rancorous stench of decaying flesh fills his nostrils. Black moldering arms embrace him from behind.

 

"Hello, dearest..." The words are barely audible between foul air and long wheezes. White maggots rain, contrasting against the black of death.

 

Hero takes the undead creature's hands. His eyes soften as he speaks most tenderly. "Welcome home, my love. Welcome home."

 

 

 

Postscript: It's a happy ending. Jaejoong is reunited with his dead lover. The only downside is... she's a walking corpse. :)

 

RELATED: N/A

BACK TO MENU