White Snow

Jaeling Café

WHITE SNOW
The last battle against King Charming.

 

 

"Charming..."

 

King Charming halts.

 

"My daughter, Syn... she is not what you are after."

 

Perfect. She has come at last.

 

"You are right, Snow. She is not..." King Charming's eyes gleam with a sinister light. "But, my dear, you certainly are!" He lunges at White Snow, capturing her.

 

"You are quite good at hiding... but I have found you." He tightens his vice like grip, jerking her to the side. "What is this? Not even fighting back? Where is the spirited princess? Are you finally tired of living?"

 

Footsteps ring in the hallways. Red Rose comes running out... with the Huntsman and his men hot on her heels.

 

"Seems like we have company." King Charming whispered the words in White Snow's hair. She attempts to lean away, but he has his hand securely around her white throat.

 

"Syn, dear." Red Rose grabbed the girl and pulled her away from the frontline.

 

"Rose... she's... she's..." Syn stutters.

 

"Yes, Syn, sweetheart. She is your mother." Red Rose finishes Syn's thought.

 

"King Charming... he's hurting her. We have to do something..."

 

"There is nothing you can do for her now." With some effort, Red Rose manages to drag her granddaughter behind the barrier formed by the Huntsman's men.

 

White Snow's eyes follows Syn the whole time. Her attention is diverted only by the sound of the Huntsman's voice.

 

"Junki. Release her. This can still end well." The Huntsman takes a slow but sure step forward.

 

"Ah-ah-ah..." King Charming shakes his head. "Not another step closer, brother... or she dies."

 

White Snow looks into the Huntsman's eyes. Her eyes tell him what he must do. The Huntsman holds out his steady hand. The long sword materialized out of thin air. He takes his sweet time, allowing the light of the moon to reflect on the blade. The sword rotates. At the moment the reflected light blinds King Charming, he grabs the sword with both hands. White Snow digs her nails into King Charming's arms so he cannot evade the attack.

 

"No!" King Charming howls.

 

A few seconds, that is all it takes.

 

White Snow and the Huntsman are reunited. He hands are still gripping the hilt of the sword.

 

Who could have predicted such an outcome? How could he have driven the sword right through his lover?

 

White Snow's eyes closed. The Huntsman comes to his senses as the veil lifts. The memories, the feelings, his dearest wish... He withdraws his sword and she gasps. King Charming collapses on to the ground. She would have followed, too, except the Huntsman catches her in his arms... just in time. He discard the stained sword, glistening red in the moonlight.

 

"Cyndi... stay with me, dearest." He holds her as they both crumble. His hand clamps down upon her open wound, the place where he had driven the sword through to get to King Charming. The blood continues to flow as his other hand grips her chin. He is trembling. She looks so peaceful with her eyes closed... as if she is merely sleeping. He has to wake her. Somehow... though faint, she still breathes.

 

"Cyndi..."

 

Her eyes flutter open as he calls her name again... to find him bending over her. "What are you crying for..." her voice is barely a whisper. Cyndi wishes to reach up and wipe away that silly little tear. If only she could. He pulls her closer. She moans as something tears inside.

 

"Does it–"

 

"No... no, I'm fine, Jae." Her breaths are short.

 

Jaejoong shakes his head. She is definitely anything but fine. "Never mind. Don't say anything. I'm going to lift you up now. Bare with me for a little while."

 

"No, I have to say it... I know... it is probably too much to ask... but... please... please do not hate me. I thought it would be fine if you did... but it... it really is—"

 

"I never could hate you... not even if I tried. Don't you remember?" He continues on with his story to distract her from the pain while shifting their position. "... wow... even my teddy bears agreed to your outrageous demands... and then I was thinking, how could anyone hate a girl who smiles at them so?"

 

Jaejoong lifts her up. She yelps. He kisses her. To forget pain. To forget worries. His heart is pounding. Not even the thrill of the hunt makes his heart race so.

 

He starts to walk away with her cradled in his arms.

 

"Wait... Syn... we have to—" Cyndi starts to speak, causing Jaejoong to stop in his tracks. He turns slowly around to find Syn standing next to Red Rose among his men. His expression softens at the sight of his daughter.

 

Syn looks into the Huntsman's eyes and she realizes... he is her true father, the only man her mother ever loved.

 

"Syn can take care of everyone here, won't you, my girl?" With her head against his chest, Cyndi can hear the sound resonating as Jaejoong speaks.

 

Syn nod her head slowly, still half in a daze.

 

"You will save many worlds. Of course, that is because you're our daughter."

 

Cyndi cannot help but smile at those last words. Even as the pain spread, she is happy.

 

"So don't you worry, little princess. We'll see each other again... all three of us together."

 

Cyndi turns her head to look upon her beloved daughter one last time.

 

"Where are we going?" She whispers to Jaejoong.

 

He leans down to kiss her forehead. "Home."


 

Postscript: I remember making a universe with seven or eight worlds like the manga, Planet Ladder. Cross that with Snow White... and we have this... White Snow plus Huntsman plus the Seven Giant Teddy Bears (killed by King Charming, R.I.P.).

 

RELATED: N/A

BACK TO MENU