Life in Ruins

Pregnant With My Student

    I still can’t believe it; funnily enough the nurse couldn’t either.  My life is ruined forever, I can’t have a baby, I’m still eighteen years old waiting to receive news from Seoul University.  

    What makes me even furious is the fact that BTS caused this.  Just as I thought we would never cross paths again, they pulled me right back in to suffer.

“I need to know who the father is,” I stated.  The nurse nervously smiled and in her breath.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think you can tolerate it at the moment.  Come see me next week.”  Her reply wasn’t good enough, but I tried to keep my calm.

“I’ll see you tomorrow nurse.”
***

So everything brings me here; standing outside the classroom hesitating to open the door.  Taking deep breaths I enter the classroom with students running back to their desks.   

“Sorry, something came up.  Please, get out your human bio books and complete chapters four to nine,” I instruct weakly as I sit in my chair. 

“In silence!” I yell, hearing whispers.  I bury my head in my hands and silently whine. What am I going to tell my parents?

    Oh God what am I going to tell …. No BTS are never to know about this.    

    How am I supposed to raise a baby?  Aborting is a big issue and I won debating against it so that's out of the question. I guess adoption should be okay but my parents aren't to fond of girls giving up their babies after their careless actions.

    What am I going to do?!  I groan and move my hands to the side of my face seeing BTS. 

    Jin sat back in his seat fixing his seat while staring out the window.  J-hope was flicking things at Rap Monster and Suga feeling the music in their heads.  Those two had a finger in one ear with their eyes shut tight and mouths drastically mouthing the words.
    V was staring at a fly with his mouth hanging open and scared the living daylights out of everyone when he clapped it in his hands. 
    Jungkook seemed to be reading his textbook but kept nudging away Jimin who was caressing and cooing over him… yeah I don’t want to know what that was about.


    One of them is the father to my child ... I lost my ity to one of them. I shudder at the thought and try to think about them as fathers.   So far Jin seemed like the safest. 

    What am I thinking? This is a disaster.      

The siren rings and students pack up their books.
“Okay, hand up all the work you did today and I’ll see you tomorrow,” I say tearing my eyes off Jin. 

The class president stood up initiating the goodbye.  One by one my class put their work on their desks except BTS.  I know they all slacked off so I don’t bother to follow them up. 

    Packing up my things I hear a person clear their throat.  I look up to see Jungkook and hold my breath.

“Um here, I haven’t completed everything because we only started work today,” he quietly informs.  I take the book off him and look at him skeptically.  He avoids my eyes looking down before he leaves the classroom.

    I let out another sigh and wince.   What if it's him?!

    Returning home, I greet my parents with my head hung low. I can’t bear to imagine their reactions when they find out that I’m pregnant.  What makes it worse is that it’s with a delinquent student.  Oh Gosh ... okay, marking should take my mind off things for a while. 

Three hours pass by me too quickly as I approach the bottom of my marking pile. 

    I still have someone’s English quiz, math problem, essay structure, Korean paper and human bio questions to mark!  I open the notebook and realise that it’s Jungkook’s book.  

    I flick through and see a finished English quiz and two human bio questions decorated by Jimin’s scribbles.  I sigh marking the quiz thinking that he'd be the type to write sly answers.  

    But what surprises me is that he actually tried, sure he only got four out of a hundred but that’s still enough to surprise me.  Even though he wrote like a preschooler, his human bio answers weren't bad.  Maybe it’s true that he’s still shaken up about what happened.

   Argh, I’m overthinking too much, he's the boy that used to watch me suffer.

    In the morning I wake up with the urge to vomit so I dash to the bathroom. Urgh morning sickness, this is really happening isn’t it?

I finish freshening up and head to my mirror curiously looking down at my small baby bump.
It’s freaky yet beautiful to think that there is life taking place inside of me. I don't hate the  baby, I hate the circumstances.

    Suddenly my door bursts open and I jump in fright. 

“Congratulations! Seoul University has accepted you again and it gets better! They’re offering you the chance to go abroad to study in a more advanced system - they’re going to pay for you too! Oh isn’t this wonderful?!” Umma cheered, embracing me into a tight hug.  

    My face wears a dull expression.  I should be happy but I can’t when I know that I'll be seen an unwed teen Mum!  It’s exactly what I want, even more in fact… but now I'm going to have to give it up.

***

“Do you know how this has inconvenienced and ruined me?” I cry as if there was no tomorrow.  The nurse hands me a tissue.

“You know when you receive what you don't want it turns out to be what you need,” she tried to sooth.  I look at her to see if she’s serious.  That’s the worst advice ever! 

    I bawl my eyes out again. “I don’t need a child!  This is their entire fault!” 

    “Try to understand that they were under the influence too.  I can guarantee you that they won’t remember and be respectable when they find out.  How about you send them in after the bell okay?” She suggested.  I sniffle up my tears and blow my nose. 

“You mean you’re going to tell them?” I question in fright. Okay no way, that will be just too awkward to say: hey boys you don’t remember this but one of you is the father to your teacher’s baby. Surprise! 
    Only God knows what they’ll do to me then.  Plus it’s going to be even more  uncomfortable in the classroom.

    They’re probably going to wish they left me on that track.

“I won't tell them if you don't want me too, I'll only speak to them about the teas. It’s an important issue that needs to be reported to the police. Are you going to tell them about the baby?” She questioned.  Instantly I shake my head.

“They wouldn’t believe me if I did - not that I want to.  But then again I want them to see what damage they’ve done.  Oh nurse, I don’t know,” I whine.

    "All I’m going to do is a bit of hypnosis to try and find the criminal, I'll try to prevent them from going in derp,” she concluded. I nodded and blew my nose again.

“You know you’re amazing at that.  You should be doing something else with it, especially with crimes and such. You could earn millions,” I say.  She blushes in embarrassment and shyly smiles.

“Oh no, I couldn’t do that, I’m not confident enough.  Anyway the whole of Asia knows how amazing you are.”  We exchange smiles and I go to homeroom to start the day.

“Boys at the back, yes you seven, the Nurse wishes to see you,” I announce.  Jungkook seemed to be consumed in catching up with work that he missed, BTS had to whack him to get him up.  It made me think that he was actually serious about school.

   I was petrified that they’d find out about me.  That’s why I couldn’t wait until lunchtime for answers because they hadn’t returned to class.  It was either because they were ditching or found out about me and couldn’t bear to see my face.

    Okay maybe I was overthinking. 

“So any news? What did they say? Do they know about me? Where are they?” I questioned as I barged through the door.  The nurse instructed that I take a seat.

“Relax, I managed to get a description of the man from hypnosis.  They were shocked so I sent them home to settle down." Good, and may that a**hole rot in jail. Sorry excuse my language, I’m educated I swear it’s just my pregnant brain.  

“Only thing is…” the nurse started.  Oh God please don’t tell me they know!

“I think some may have picked up that you were there,” She revealed. 

“What did they say?”

    “They didn’t say anything but I must tell you, with one memory uncovered it’s possible that all the missing pieces will come into place,” she unveiled.  Oh that’s just great, now she tells me?

“Don’t fret Miss. Lee, it only happens through time.  Have you booked for a checkup?” She questioned. 

    I sheepishly smile at her because I wanted her to be my secret doctor.  I’m not exactly planning to tell my parents either.

“You sly little thing! I don’t know much about-"

“Please? I promise I’ll thank you in some way,” I pleaded. She rolled her eyes giving in.  

***
“Omo, I can’t keep up with growing teenagers these days!” Umma complained, seeing me stuff my face in the fridge.  I didn’t know what she was on about, she only had one child...

“Aigoo, look at you! You’ve gained weight!” She yanks way the chocolate bar from my mouth. Excuse you Umma I’ve got two people to feed.

“Hehe, annyeong,” I giggled.  Umma eyes my Appa in a weird way. 

“Yah, what’s going on with Hae Ri?  She’s acting like a different person,” she whispered to him.

    Yeah, a teenager with a prego brain isn’t a good combination. 

    The headmaster called me on my cell so I answered.
“Ah, Miss. Lee.  I believe you need to meet with seven families of the students whose academic acheivements are very low?"

    “Yes, I think I know exactly who they are. Email me the addresses and I’ll follow them up,” I say respectfully.   Great now I need to visit the BTS lion dens.

      Surprisingly they lived in the same neighbourhood. I always thought they were rich brats but now I realise just how wrong I was.  This place is really poor. 

    I got around to all the addresses but they either didn’t exist or belong to people that don’t know them.  Argh those boys are really digging my head in.

    I can’t wait to see the principle’s reaction when he finds out about this.  But where do these boys actually live? Maybe they’re rich after all and got away with putting down incorrect addresses.

    It sounded like a stampede was coming my way so I quickly hid behind a corner. 

“Yah you little sh*ts! You wait until I get the law on you!” A man yelled.  Peeping around the corner I see no other than BTS being chased by an ahjusshi.   Ooo I ought to know they were up to mischief.  The fisherman stumbles forward so I go out to help him up.

“Are you okay?” I question.  Surely those boys are devil spawns.

“Those street rats stole my produce again!” He shouts out of breath. I narrow in my eyebrows.

“Street rats? Where do they live?” I ask confused.  He rubs his brow and adjusts his back.

“I don’t know. They’re not called rats for nothing,” he says and starts to walk off.

Unbelievable! Where the hell do BTS and their families live? 

And now the memories of one particular night come crawling back. . 

 


 SO i thought I'd do a double update because I'm so grateful for all that have subscribed, voted, and commented! I'm just really touched.

Again a bit boring but I promise that next chapter will be heaps better!

Oh and the pictures at the top of the chapters are like the chapter themes.
Any clue as to who the dad may be?

xxx