Brother?

Pregnant With My Student

I start heaving, crying and screaming so hard sound just seems to not come out of my mouth.  My legs buckle under me and I collapse to the ground covering my mouth.  This is the worst thing that could happen to me right now. Brother? Brother?!

  The door bursts open revealing my angry Umma in her nightgown. I look up at her, my tears blurring my vision. It makes sense - her extra cooking and doing the laundry, that expensive Dolce and Gabbana shirt, how they acted when he slept over, his table manners, how he knows everything and what he said before: Like I said, your Appa doesn't love Umma or you.
    That's why he looked hurt and told me to figure it out for myself. He's my brother, that's the reason, that's why he knows so much.

"I have a brother?" I cry in barely a whisper. She looks worriedly at the document scrunched up in my hand.  

"Park Jimin is my brother?" I gasp.  Umma scurries towards me and crouches down.

"Hae Ri, I didn't know how to tell you," she says softly rubbing my shoulders. It's true... It's true... What kind of sick joke is this?

"There's a million ways to tell me!" I yell and cry even more. Now with this baby? There's no way I can give birth to this child now! It'll be abnormal and suffer difficulties.

"I always thought you knew but when you introduced him to me-"

"I'm having an abortion!" I interrupt disgusted.  I slept with my own brother? My daughter's uncle is her own father?!

"Now you're overreacting. It's too late for that anyway," she tries to keep her calm, probably thinking I'm a whack job after hearing the news. 

   I shake my head and squeeze my eyes tight.

"Jimin is the father," I sniffle.

"Omo!" Umma expresses. I cry even more as if it was powerful enough to change everything.  Umma takes my cheeks in her hands and dries my tears.

"Hae Ri, Hae Ri... It's okay, it's okay, look at me," she coos. I turn my attention to her.

"You're only related to an extent," she reveals, I try to manage my breathing and my tears. W-what?

"His mother was my brother's wife's sister.  I adopted him after he was born because his parents were terminally ill. We made an agreement for him to stay with them while I go in and care for him." So we're related through marriage and through the Law? 
    Nothing can explain how relieved I feel right now but I'm still in shock.

"Well they're dead now and he's living off the streets," I remember.  If he's supposed to be her son why doesn't he live here then? 

"I know, he refuses to live with us because he doesn't like Appa. But I always to take him out and watch over him.  He used to live with us until he was about six -  he's parents only had a few years left so he wanted to spend the day with them."
   Really? For real? I have no memory of him.

"I don't remember," I admit.  She my hair with a warm smile.

"You were too young and then you started studying." Oh...  She reaches over and takes out a album.

"This was you two," she signals, handing me a pile of pictures.

  In one picture we looked about eighteen months to two years old. We were sitting together on the carpet,  he was crying because I tried to take his chip packet.  Other photos had us two playing together, at the zoo, painting, Lotte World, bath time... More bath time... Ha no wonder why he was so comfortable with me in the bathroom on that morning. Another was taken when he were four, hugging each other with tears down. our faces. Apparently we were fighting so Umma made us make up. 

"Even then I hated him," I chuckle blinking back my tears.

"So what are you going to do?"  I glance at her and look down in thought.

"I'm not going to tell him."


   The next morning I go to the hospital to have another checkup - just in case, you can never be one hundred percent sure.  I've read all of the magazines and now the only thing to do is watch Power Rangers on the TV.  If they're testing the patience of a pregnant teenager, it's not funny.

   Anyway, lately I've been feeling gassy and out of breath, I've been getting more painful contractions and my s have swelled up hurting like crazy.

  Somebody blocks my view of the tv just as a drama comes on.  I look up and mentally groan.    Ew it's my 'brother'. Now that just sounds weird when applied to him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask agitated. He lifts his singlet up revealing his rock-hard abs.

"Wow," I express without another thought. Geez they look more defined than when I saw them before.

"Yeah, the bastard just full on stabbed me for no reason." I snap out of my daze and look at his stab wound on the side of his torso.  Ouch. Clearing my throat I try to act normal.
"Oh I'm sure there was a reason," I remark.  He pokes his tongue at me and slumps down in the seat next me.
    "So how's your love life with Jungkook?" How'd he like it if I rubbed some salt in his wound? I'm pretty sure he picked up on my liking to Jungkook... He knows we aren't in a romantic relationship so he just had to rub it in my face.

"Ha Ha, very funny," I say sarcastically.

"I told ya.  He's head is as thick as a brick, you won't get no loving from him any day."  I've already accepted that and I don't want love.  Actually I don't know what I want; I don't want Jungkook to ignore me yet I don't want Jungkook's attention.   Anyway I don't want to discuss this so I try to change the subject. Maybe it's good to confront him with the sibling thing. 

"Hey I know," I begin nervously. 

"That Jungkook will never love you back?" Sometimes I think he's provoking me to stab him myself.

"That you're my brother," I point out,   He raises his eyebrows and smirks.

"And how do you feel?" He smiles, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I screw up my face and shove him off.  Skin-ship is a no-no.

"Disgusted."

"I'm glad," he chimes.  I shake my head and roll my eyes. Two can play this game.  There's a certain aspect of Jimin that sends wild thoughts and questions into my mind.  After observing his rather strange actions with one particular person.... I figured he was gay.

"Why do you think you have a chance with Jungkook?" I blurt.
  He looks at me speechless as if I asked him what the colour of an orange was. 

"What?" He stutters.  That's right mister, I caught you out.  Is it bad that I'm enjoying this?

"Oh I see the way you look at him and act with him. I'm your teacher and his wife, I know."
    His face starts to redden and he rubs his neck in disbelief.

"Um excuse you, Just because I'm fond of him doesn't mean I'm gay. We're mates, mates get on each other's nerves and tease each other. But I guess you don't know what it's like to have friend," he answered back.

"I do," I protest. 

"Who?" He challenges.  I gulp and blink. 

"Jin," I say weakly. It didn't sound convincing...

"What!? I thought he was lying..." He trails off and bursts into laughter. See~ Jin said I was his friend - that's so sweet.  It's not funny so I poke his wound sending him to squirm around in his seat.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow," he winces. 

  "Lee Hae Ri," the doctor calls. Finally, my knight in shiny crocks.

"Mr. Park, what part of stop sticking around and go home do you not understand?" she complains.   I stand up and glare at Jimin. 

"Every part I'm afraid, but I'm here with my dongsaeng." The doctor looks at me and signals to the security guard.

"He's adopted," I defend.  A dull expression washes over her face but she looks like she couldn't care less.

"Right, okay well did your Oppa want to come in?" She asks.  He smiles at me and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Yes her Oppa would gladly come in," he emphasises as he brushes past me. Urgh, I'm so done with him right now. We enter the room and I lay in the bed.  I sense his smile so I role my eyes.

"I'm glad you're finding this amusing," I snap.  His smile fades and he just... looks at me, so strangely and so seriously it scares me.

"I'm glad I get to see my niece." His voice is bitter, harsh.  If he doesn't want to be here then he can just go - I didn't force him to sit through my appointment. 

   Unlike Jungkook who 'urgh'-ed at my baby because she looked like a bean or Jin, who saw a recent picture and said that she look like E.T the extra terrestrial alien, Jimin was completely mature and so intrigued.  I felt nervous though because this was his child too. This was the first time he was going to see her in some way.

"So, how long to go now?" He questions.

"12 weeks. So I suggest Hae Ri you go on maternity leave now, if you're not already on it," she informs.

   I nod and we thank her before we leave.
"Hey your Appa left this morning didn't he?"  He asks. I turn to look at him confused as we exit the hospital.

"Left where?"

"Didn't Umma tell you? He's leaving for like three months to branch out his company internationally. I've been counting down for years for this day!" He cheers. Like I thought, appa doesn't care that he's going to miss his own granddaughter's birthday.

   "No, she didn't tell me." Why does he know more than me? I'm the biological child here! Not feeling the love.

   "Well, she loves me more." 

   "You wish," I snort. Snatching the keys out of my hand, he unlocks the car and hops into the driving seat.

   "Yah! What do you think you're doing?!" I yell. He reaches over and opens the passenger seat door.

   "Driving my pregnant sis home," he answers.  He, he, Park Jimin, my delinquent student can drive? Since when?!

   "Relax, Umma taught me - I'm the favourite child after all," he sighs as if his life was so hard. I sit in the passenger seat and struggle to adjust the seat belt so I can lock it in.  Jimin reaches over and fixes the strap, buckling me in.

   "Thank you," I thank in a soft voice. How can he be so mean and  kind but irritating? I get a lot of things but I just don't get him. The car ride was a little strange - on my part.  He's my brother by law and the father of my child, and here we are together doing what other expecting couples do.  I do wonder if he really cares or if he just does it to tease me - he insults me, makes me feel bad but it's always for my benefit. Aish... I'm thinking too much.

    We arrive at home and the minute he enters the house he starts calling out for my Mum.
   "Jimin!" She cheers and embraces him into a hug. Umma never hugs me like that... 

   "Is it staying for dinner?" I refer to Jimin.

   "Why can't I? I live here," he states opening the fridge.  Rummaging through it, he starts drinking out of the milk carton while his eyes widen at the sight of my Nutella.

    "What is this?" He questions. I do like to take care of my body but being pregnant doesn't really agree with my no snacking policy. After I tried Nutella with its smooth and sweet hazelnut chocolate flavour, there was no going back. It's very sacred to me and I will not have it feasted upon by a growing teenage moron.

    "Nutrients for pregnant women," I lie. He screws his face up in disturbance.

    "I knew that. Wake me up when dinner's ready," he instructs as he heads for the stairs. And where does he think he's going?

     "Oh don't look at him like that, the boy hasn't been home for ages. He'll be here until Appa gets back unfortunately," she says catching my expression. I sigh and feel my back ache so I got to rest on the couch.

    "Where is his room anyway?" I don't think I've ever seen it before. Our house isn't that big.

    "Next to mine," she reminds. Huh, but isn't that where-

"Umma!!!" Jimin screams. "Why is Jungkook in my bed?"

   "He's sleeping there now," she informs.

   "But it's my room," he argues.

   "Well you can share your room or feel free to use the guest room," she indicates. He grunts and slowly comes down the stairs feeling sorry for himself.  I place a hand on my sensitive chest as I feel them pulsing with pain. The only one who should be feeling sorry for themselves is me.
  He plonks himself on an armchair and rubs his face in his hands.  Slowly he looks at me looking at him and gulps.  He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a small box to throw it at me. The corner of the box paper cuts my hand earning it to bleed and sting like hell. 

    "Yah, stop groping and loving yourself," he barks.  Groping? Has he no consideration for the fact that I'm pregnant and in pain? Here he goes bossing me around again.  I glare at him coldly and his eyes flicker down to my hand.  He exhales and sits on the coffee table in front of me.  Not baring to look at him, I turn my head to the side with my eyes tearing up.

    Roughly, he grabs my arm and rests my hand in his lap. I go to retrieve it but he snarls at me. He must carry the whole world in his pockets because he got out a small bottle of medicine alcohol and a bandaid. Slowly and hesitantly, he reaches for my hand and places it in his. He grabs a tissue and dabs the alcohol onto the cut.

   "Ah, ah," I wince as it stings back.  He then sticks on a bandaid and caresses my hand with his thumb, looking at my hand as if it was something so pitiful and innocent.  Now he's being a little weird. 

Feeling uncomfortable I retrieve my hand with a nervous gulp.

   "You're welcome," he murmurs. It was his fault in the first place. I was surprised he didn't tell me to ' it up' because he got stabbed and was handling it pretty fine.
    Jimin picks the box off the floor and looks down at it.

     "These are for you're tender things," he indicates. Things? I look down at the box and my heart sinks. 

     "s," I correct. He blushes and rubs his kneck sheepishly. He must've noticed, just like he did when I had my bladder accident.

     "You can take them if you want. You don't have to take them but you can but I'm not forcing you to. You can have a warm bath that should help too but you don't have to it just might help I'm not saying that it does-"  

    "I'll take them," I interrupt stopping his nervous waffling.  Geez what drug did they give him at the hospital? 

    He stops fidgeting and smiles.  I reach over to take them, my face coming closer to his. Looking into his eyes I'm reminded of how he acted like this when he thought I didn't want to be around him after we did it. He's not as 'bad' as I thought he was. He can be.... soft.

     "Jimin?!" I quikly look over my shoulder and see Jungkook looking shocked on the stairs.

Great, now I'll be spending the next three months with pain, Jungkook, Jimin, my Mum and BTS....... yayyyyyy.


 

Judging from the feedback I guess no one picked on the little hints I gave! Hahahahaha, I luv u guys. Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting and HELLOOO new subs.  I'm not that derranged to make them be blood siblings (though it could be one of those disturbing plots that seem to intriguing and strangely good, if you're into that stuff) I would've updated earlier but I fell asleep woops....

 

XXXXXX