Make-over

Pregnant With My Student

 

 

Yep you guessed it, I'm out shopping with my mother at Korea's biggest outlet. It's unbelievable here; chandeliers, pillars, marble steps, greek statues and massively high ceilings with paintings and architecture that look like they've been teleported out of Rome.

  I just followed Umma around as she took clothes off the rack for me to try on. They were very gorgeous, only I can't see myself wearing them.  I just look like a man in drag, it doesn't look right.  Maybe I'm not meant to be pretty - being smart is better than that anyway.

  "You look good Hae Ri! See this brings out your shape,  omo, omo, omo!" She expresses excited as she looks at my chest.  Isn't this embarrassing? I feel bare and ashamed. I quickly cover my chest as my cheeks flush red.  They've gotten heaps bigger since getting pregnant.

   "Umma! This doesn't suit me, I'll just stick with my clothes," I protest. She ignores me as she turns me around.

"Yes we'll get these," she advises the retail assistant.   I groan and scratch my head.

"Darling I feel horrible for letting you go around like a homeless person. Okay, next up, the salon!"

   Great. The salon. Manicure, pedicure, waxing, facials, hair, makeup - I received the whole lot. It felt oddly relaxing yet painful and just downright awkward.
   On top of that, Umma had me have laser eye surgery so I don't need to wear my glasses anymore.

   I looked at myself in the floor to ceiling mirror and couldn't see 'me'. My hair wasn't frizzy and knotty as large brown waves tumbled down to below my waist. I felt young, and for once worthy of love.

   By the time Umma was satisfied, I needed to get some food and some sleep.
Waking up to a new wardrobe, I was fretting over what to wear. There is no way I'm wearing those new clothes that are very fitted and 'feminine'.
I rummage through and pick out clothes similar to what I wore before.
The most comfortable and suited look was wearing an oversized, yet fashionable top with leggings and ankle boots with high chunky heels.  It was obvious I was pregnant now, not fat.
  
  Upon arriving at school, I receive an urgent  message to meet with the headmaster. He didn't look at me as I entered as he was busily reading an email.

  "Ah, Miss. Lee.  It has come to my attention by your former colleagues that you have been acting inappropriately with some of your male ... Students ..." He trails off as he faces me. I inwardly scoff.  Those cows, I knew they were up to something!

   "It has been reported that you've been seen leaving the school premises with a boy holding your arm, forcing a boy into a supply closest, leaving the female bathroom with a boy, and kissing a boy at the recent social."

   OKAY yes they happened but not for the reasons he thinks. Oh and I wasn't kissing anybody, Jungkook just pecked my cheek.

   "Headmaster, I will not deny these claims, only the inappropriate part. First of all I did not kiss my student, the music was to loud so it's only reasonable to get closer to hear each other. Secondly, sometimes students have problems. They need a silent place to talk. Me being their age yet an authoritative figure makes them more comfortable." My acting is getting better I must say. I sounded convincing enough that he took it under consideration.

   "Plus, I am married and with child," I add slyly.

"Married?! You?!" He asked outraged.  I take great offence to that.  Why not me? Huh, I bet you thought I'd end up a crazy cat lady.  I pretend to act shocked and cover my mouth.

"Oops what have I said?! Headmaster, we haven't released it out to the public yet, but we're going to. I guess you're the first to know."

"Oh congratulations, to you and your husband Mrs..."

"Just call me Ms. Lee," 

"Right well, Ms. Forgive me for not noticing, I must be blind. I must say you're glowing with beauty!"

"Oh you're too kind, goodbye headmaster, I better be off to class."

And that is how it's done. Call the directors and produces, I'm ready for the big screen. Ha, there's really nothing I can't do.

  I enter class and it's as if Beyoncé made an entrance. So what? I look like a girl, there's nothing special to that, I don't know why they're so surprised. 

   "Yah everyone, I wouldn't be acting like baboons when we've got a very intense english revision period now," I growl.  They went quite as they whispered amongst themselves.

"Miss. Lee?!" Some asked in shock. Well I'm honoured that they didn't recognise me, but that doesn't give them the right to be disappointed when it is me.

"Yes?" I question. Again they talk amongst themselves, surprised out of their wits.

"Okay settle down, settle down. Take out your books and I'll read the next chapter of the novel. After that you are to answer the questions in English, araso?" 

   I read the novel in perfect American English, occasionally calling on students who weren't paying attention.  They start their questions and I pace through the isles of the desks where I see Jimin poking Jungkook.

    Argh, this idiot.

   "Aish stop it!" He Jungkook under his breath. I clear my throat earning Jimin's attention, he looks up and gulps.

"Where is your book?" I question.  He puckers his lips and leans back in his chair.

"I don't have one, I've been sharing with J-hope," he informs as he rocks back and forth. I narrow in my eyebrows.

"Didn't I buy you one?" I whisper.  He shakes his head.

"Okay, well you can use mine for the time being," I sigh.

"Thank you." He stops rocking on his chair a grabs the book I place on his desk. He opens it and I remember that I put old post it notes with personal reminders to mark the key pages.

"Just wait a second," I say and bend over. I quickly flick through the book removing the notes and hear Jimin breathing very rapidly. 

"Are you okay?" I questing looking at him. He avoids eye contact by looking away. I gulp becoming concerned that he'd pass out.

"Jimin?" I question again.  My eyes catch on my drooping shirt that hung loosely as I leant over.  Uh-oh, cleavage alert. I gasp and and standup straight turning red.  I probably scared him for life.

He snaps his head at me and blinks rapidly.

"M-may I be excused?" He stutters. I sigh,  he's fine and just a ert.

"Why? It's class time," I indicate annoyed. He begins breathing deeply as he looks at me with an almost frightened expression. I try to ignore the inappropriate familiarity of his loss of breath.

"No, please," he croaks.  I stare at him uneasily for a while before worrying that something serious was wrong.

"Yeah... Sure," I say slowly. In an instance, he gets out of his seat and storms out of the classroom.  I swollow my salvia convincing myself that I was crazy. What was I thinking and what the hell is wrong with him?

I inhale and exhale deeply before I catch V smiling at me.

"Yah!" I snap. Geez this boy.

   It was almost lunch time and Jimin still hadn't returned to class. I sent J-hope out to look for him but even he couldn't find him.

"Hey, you look very nice Miss. Lee," Jungkook, my husband, compliments as he approaches my desk.  I smile with a blush oh you're too kind.

   "So your Umma contacted me, she said since we're married and all, I should move in." I remain silent as I realize just how real this marriage was going to be. .

   "Look I know what you're thinking, but it only seems right. If you're still creeped out about the whole marriage thing you don't have to be. This marriage can just be a symbol of our partnership as parents," he suggests.  Partnership? Of course, why was I expecting something more with him?

"What's wrong?" He catches my dark expression.

"I'm just... What happens if you fall in love with someone and you can't be with them because of me? And what if along the track we discover it's not your child" I ask becoming curious.  I need to know because this will be potentially our situation - if I tell him. He thinks about it for awhile.

"First of all I'm pretty sure it's mine. If there is a girl too bad for me, I guess. It'll  pass anyway.  I may have a lower IQ than you and still be as immature as V, but I know it's my responsibility to take care of you and our child. I'll be there for you," he answers. Again I feel that horrible guilt of dragging him into this.

"As my husband or as my ex?" I question worked up.

"I'll still be your husband, I don't want to create a flaw in your family's image. Plus if whoever he is, is chicken enough to avoid his responsibility, I will make sure he is every much apart of your life as I am."

"So you'll let yourself be tied down to me and waste your life away?"

"Hae Ri, now you're overthinking. Do you have something to tell me?"

"No."  I can't do it, I can't tell him. He smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Like I said, don't let this marriage thing creep you out. I promise I won't touch you or do anything, we're partners. Deal?" He holds out a hand, and I look at it hesitantly. Partners? If it means being close to him then fine... He just sees me as a friend but I can lve with that... I don't need love, being with him would be the closest thing to it anyway.

    I put my hand firmly in his and shake it firmly.
"Deal."


 

EXAMS ARE OVER YAS! boring update I know but now things a becoming serious and secrets are to follow.  Tell me what you guys think and thank you once again for reading, subscribing, voting and commenting (to those that apply) 

I MIGHT do a double update, maybe hehehe.

xxxx