Change

Pregnant With My Student

 

I have finally hit the five month period. It hasn't really sunk in that I'll be giving birth in four months though. The book I was reading about motherhood states that giving birth feels like twenty bones fracturing at the same time. Naturally the human body can tolerate 45 del of pain but the mother feels up to 57 during labour.

   Leaving that aside, I've been craving ice-cream lately so I had the maids stock up on some.

"Umma, what are you doing?" I ask with my ice-cream spoon in my mouth.  She was in the laundry for a change, unloading the washing machine.

"Just doing laundry, I figured I could use some thinking time," she explains. Umma sometimes has these cooking or cleaning fazes.

"Cool, well happy washing," I wish and dig into my ice-cream container.

"Jungkook seems like a nice boy," she comments.

"He is," I say. Which is why I feel wrong to do this to him.

"You know your Appa is asking when your husband is going to move in here. You two are going to raise a baby," she indicates. The word husband just seems surreal. Like I mentioned before, marriage was never in the picture. I never even dreamt of being a wife.

   "Uh... Well we haven't discussed that yet," I say awkwardly. My eyes fix on a shirt similar to the shirt Jimin was wearing at the school social.

    "Those shirts must be popular," I indicate. She looks taken aback.

"Oh? Yeah, it's the new Dolce and Gabbana limited edition for the season, very expensive," she reveals. Hmm, maybe the did steal it!

"How limited exactly?" I question.

"Well they only shipped out ten to Korea alone."

"For a shirt? Couldn't you buy a cheap one from other stores?"

"No, this is made with the finest Italian fabric and thread, just look at the buttons - they are of a very high quality," she expressed. Beware Park Jimin, your worst nightmare is not only crazy, but pregnant with your child. 

"I never knew you had an interest for fashion, tomorrow we are going out to buy you a knew wardrobe!" She cheered. Uh-oh.

"Umma, I don't think that's very necessary," I laugh awkwardly not wanting to go.

"Honey, no daughter of mine is going to suffer a day longer in those clothes. I thought it was your style so I didn't want to say anything; I didn't want to risk you going on suicide watch again!" Umma, take great offence to that. Yay, fun.

    So that was that, I had no other say.  At least this made my Umma show some interest in me. You know, maybe this is a good thing for me, maybe I won't be treated as a witch or an old hag. As for a certain thief, their freedom days were over. I won't let you get away with this Park Jimin.

"Hello, yes, I'd like to report a robbery - anonymously."

***

"For the last time, I did not steal the shirt - it's just a freaking shirt!" So my report backfired and bit me on the .  It was midnight and I was called into the Police station.

"Hi um, his homeroom teacher L-Jeo-lee Hae Ri," I say. In having a hard time figuring out what to call myself.  Jungkook and I are technically married so I should be called Mrs. Jeon but it's far too weird.

    "Right well it has been reported that he has stolen a shirt worth almost a thousand dollars," he addressed. Okay act like you care, go:

"Wow, really? WOOOOOWWWW," I dramatically pretend to react. Too much?
 
    "Yeah, you sound very surprised, there's not enough evidence so we're letting him off - for now.   Expect to be here again, school boy, if we receive a report," the police officer says very monotone. Damn, I should've thought this through a lot better.

"Thank you, goodbye officer," I smile dully.  We exit the station and I try to act as if I wasn't the one behind this incident.

"I am very disappointed." Geez, I don't even think intense acting classes could help me.

"I didn't steal the shirt," he argues frustrated. Here we go...

    "Yeah like I believe that. You are very lucky that I took some time out my hectic life to come and get you. Why did you call me?" I ask getting aggravated.  He twitched his lips like a naughty little school boy getting into trouble.

"You're the only one I knew. Hah they're so dumb, see even they think you're an older lady," he teased.  Argh can't he be normal for once? Every time he says something remotely nice and rational he always needs to spoil it. 
    It's true I suppose, I guess I was his only option since he only had BTS.  Ah which reminds me,

"Are you going back the shed? It's pretty far from here."  I automatically check the time on my watch.  It's really late and I don't think the buses are running very often now.  

"Yeah I know, I'm going to catch a cab," he replies.  I look him up and down and smirk.

"With what?" I challenge.  He pats his pockets and looks to the floor.  I gulp feeling bad for him, where would he get money from anyway? Wishing wells?

   I don't have any on me either so considering our roles as teacher and student, I find the courage in me to do what is right - I'll only say it once.

"Uh, how about you stay in the guest room?" I ask, my voice squeaking.  I tried to not make it sound like I care when I don't. He looks at me as if I just told him I was from the future. 

    "At your house? No, I don't think it's a good idea if I want to live," he retorts. I screw up my face in destest. He said what?  I am appalled and offended by what he is implying.

"It's either there or the jail cell!" I yell and storm up ahead. I give him 'if I want to live', what kind of person does he think I am? I take out my keys and unlock my car.

"Uh, would your parents be fine with it?" I hear his voice behind me. Turning around I see how hesitant and nervous he was to take my offer.  It reminded me of how he was on that particular morning.  As you'd know I never want to be around him, regardless. Maybe the drugs made me like that with him... it all just seems like a dream, like it never really happened.

  "Yeah, people stay over all the time," I soften my voice.  He nodds his head in consideration.

"You're the one that suggested it." He points his finger at me.  Geez, he doesn't trust me.  

"Yes, okay, okay, get in," I say hurriedly and get in my car.  He comes in and I half expected him to do a Jungkook and make himself at home.

   "Sorry, do you mind turning off the heater? It was hot in the station," he requests.

   "Ah, yeah, sorry, Jungkook put it on," I say absentmindedly.  He doesn't bother to say anything and stares out the window. 

    Well, if this isn't the most awkard car ride ever I don't know what is.  The only choice to break the ice was to put on the radio. Luckly it played some of my favorite songs so half of the time I forgot Jimin was in the passenger seat. 

    I pull into the garage and silently let him follow me to the guest room.  I open the door and turn on the lights. 

"I'll see you in the morning.  All the toiletries are new so..." I indicate trailing off.  He looks to emerged in checking out the room that he didn't really pay attention to me.

"Ah, yeah, thank you," he thanks still out of it.  I press my lips together tightly not knowing what else to do.

"I'll be in my room if you need me.  It's upstairs, down the hall, second door on the left." I need to treat him like a guest afterall. He smirks and throws himself on the bed.

"Well now I know where to hunt you down in your sleep."  Can't he act civil for at least one hour? 

"Are you ever serious? Ever?" I question.

"Nope," he says and makes a poping sound with his lips. I groan thinking I was crazy to let him stay the night.  

"Goodnight," I force myself to say and roughly close the door.  URGHH.

   I get ready for bed, making sure to lock my door so a certain unwanted visitor doesn't hunt me down.  I wouldn't be like this if he didn't refer to the birthmark on my back... So just incase he was a creepy ert I dragged my chest of draws infront of the door. 

Sleeping has become my next big issue. It takes ages for me to find a position that feels comfortable. At the moment I'm on my side hugging a pillow which my stomach is resting on. Ahhh....
    To start the morning off, I have a little episode of morning sickness before going down the stairs.


"Omo!" Umma shouts.  Whoops, I think she saw Jimin. What is she still doing home anyway?

"Oh Umma, I hope you don't mind, it was late and my student here, who happens to be Jungkook's friend, needed a place to stay,"I explain. She smiles at me with a very blank expression in her eyes.

"No, it's okay I just got a little bit of a shock. Hi I'm Mrs. Lee," she greet.  He just stares at her with only the heavens knowing what he's thinking. He blinks rapidly for a second before he gulps and puts on an obvious fake smile.  Thats right, he isn't too fond of my parents.

"Jimin, Park Jimin," he introduced.  Umma scurried over to the table and pulled out a seat.

"Well please take a seat, I'll make breakfast," she chirps.  Were my ears decieving me, or what?  Umma never made breakfast!

   "You're making breakfast now?" I mutter.

"Hae Ri, you heard me, please show the guest to his seat," she says giving me the look of death.  I exhale deeply thinking that I should've left him on the streets.

"Yah haksaeng!" I call.  Umma clears as a sign for me not to be rude.

"I mean, Jimin, please sit down," I correct myself as I gesture just as the maids do.

"Teach, you're being weird," he 'comments'.  We don't bother to communicate as we sit down at the table, nor do we look at eachother.  Umma attempts to strike up a concersation with Jimin, but it was obvious to me that he was awkard with her.

"I hope this is okay? It's nothing special but I tried," she announces after she finished. Wow I must say I was impressed.  I never knew Umma could cook.

"It's okay, thank you," he replies softly.  We begin to eat our breakfast, Umma still making small talk but gave up after Jimin's lack of responses.  I can't wait for all the bad things she's going to say about him after.  She always does this, at least this time, I'll agree.  However I must say he had very good table manners - put him in a suit and tie and he'll look like a rich heir to some wealthy company.

 "Thanks, I best be going home." He rudely stands up in his seat and cleans his mouth with a cloth - exept for that part.

"Miss. Lee," he bows.  Umma smiles, with a look hard to pinpoint.

"Seonsaengnim,"he says, forcing himself to bow.

"How are you getting home?" Umma asks concerned..

"Bus," he replies sharply before slamming the door.  Umma looks taken aback and offended. And now this is the moment where my mother is on my side telling me how rude and disrespectful he is!

"Well, he was rude!" I say.  Umma looks at me angrily. 

   "Hae Ri! No he wasn't, I feel bad for not asking him to stay longer... Any way, you up for some shopping?"

WHAT THE HELL? WH-WHAT?! Did Jimin poisen her drink or something?


 Finally I updated! This would've been up earlier but I decided to cut out some scenes and add one in.  It was going to go on for longer but.... anyway I hope you like it xxxx and as always thank you for reading, subscribing, voting and commenting!!!

XXXX