Teaching Pride

Pregnant With My Student

                                          


    An hour ago, my life was still perfectly planned and I thought nothing could ruin it.   Half an hour ago I found out I was three months pregnant! Oh you thought I was happy? No, I never planned to get married or have a child!  Oh yeah and one minor detail… I kinder don’t know who the father is.

    Now before I continue, let me establish things and take you back three and a half weeks ago.

***

“Appa, do we really need to talk about this now? I’m going to be late,” I pointed out.  Never did I ever think that deciding to be a teacher would allegedly bring ‘shame’ upon the family. 
“Hae Ri!  Listen, you underestimate your potential. You’re capable of being and doing so much more -”
    “Trust me; I know I have the intelligence to do everything but that doesn’t mean I have the heart for it,” I interrupted. We’ve been having arguments like this ever since I graduated high school.  “Besides, in ten years I’ll probably be doing something else,” I concluded as I walked out the door.

    As much as Appa pestered me, I knew what he was trying to say.  I was after all a child genius destined for a wonderful and amazing career.

     It was expected that I excel in the medical and science fields to find the cure for cancer which all sounds good, but I didn’t want my life planned out for me.  So I decided to share and teach my knowledge to other students in the meantime. Wasn’t that good enough? Well, apparently it wasn’t.
     My life was education;
     I lived and breathed it, believing it was a compass of fate.  Plus I hated the way people took it too lightly and was determined to set them straight.  Don’t get me wrong, I still believe that now but I kind of took it a little too far...

    This was my life plan, to me it was simple and achievable and I had already checked off half of it:

Graduate school at fourteen

Receive a scholarship to Seoul University, get my teaching degree and remain the top student

Become a teacher at eighteen while studying all types of Law and Medical sciences

Receive awards for being the top student and finish at Seoul University with the title of Dr. Lee Hae Ri. (by the time I’m 35 30 years old)
Be great and successful enough to branch out internationally opening my own businesses.


Retire at 90 years old and look back on my successful and ambitious life.


    Of course that was before everything. Now it’s just a reminder of how my life got ruined.

    My first day of teaching started out with a cold wait in the corridor. I never got why the headmaster needed to make my entrance so spectacular. 

“Good day class I’m your new teacher Miss Lee,” I sternly introduced myself.    Looking around the room caused adrenaline to pulse through my veins.   The familiarity of all the bored faces that used to mock, ignore and harm me made gasp.

   You know, you’d think that out of all the possible classes I could’ve got, I wouldn’t have to teach the students I went to primary school with.

    The burdening memories of my childhood haunted me again as I put names to the faces of BTS.  A name a group of childish boys referred to themselves with.  It was like it was their life’s mission to make my life a living a hell. Why?  Because I cared more about being smart than being sociable and pretty.

    I’m serious when I say a blind man can see how stupid they are. 

“What?!” I half yelled at a girl who raised her hand.  She looked taken aback from my sudden outburst.  Did I feel sorry? No.  This is all part of the distract the teacher so we don’t do work scheme.
“Would you stop being dramatic and spit it out?” I ordered. Precious time to enrich the mind was being wasted. She gulped and shyly looked down. 

“Um … I read about you online and I was wondering what study tips you used to become so great,” she expressed.   I scoffed and adjusted my circular glasses.  “Study tips? Pft, anyone can achieve academic success if they apply themselves wholeheartedly.  That’s what I did; I thought about the implications and removed them,”
    “Like friends?” She interrupted with such bitterness.  I was about to scold her until I realized who she was – my first and only childhood friend, Kim Nana.  Did I feel remorse for what I did? No. Why should I? Hanging around with her took time off my study.  The best thing to do was to have nothing to do with her or anyone else. 
    I looked her coldly in the eyes and said, “yes, especially friends. Anyway unlike everyone else who was dating and trying to fit in, I studied and revised.  So I skipped a few grades and look at me now,” I said proudly. Nana gulped and shook her head lightly.

“Well well well, if it isn’t the hag brain.  Yeah, I’m looking at you, back in the classroom.” A boy snickered earning high fives from his mates.  I’d recognize that husky voice any day.

“Kim-”
    “Please , call me V,” he interrupted with a sly smile.  It seemed to me that his brain gave up developing at the age of four. I crossed my arms and walked towards his desk.

“Kim Taehyung, you and this goes for everyone, will show me the respect a teacher deserves. Do I make myself clear?!” 

    “Um, come again? Sorry granny, I couldn’t hear you through all the nerd.” Another voice ironically mocked. I turned to face what I had always thought was a demon in disguise.
    Park Jimin.

    I was caught up in the moment of having authority so I decided to get back at him and BTS.

“Everyone, I have Mr. Park over here to thank.  Without his constant idiocy and hatred for life, I wouldn’t be here today.  You see people like him with moron stamped on their foreheads are role models. They show the life in which one should aspire to never live.  You see ten years from now when all of you have brilliant lives for yourselves; BTS will either be in jail, living on child support to raise their fifty kids from fifty different mothers, or dead. Does anyone know why?” I questioned. 

“Seonsaengnim, don’t you think you’re being a little harsh?” Jeon Jungkook’s voice wavered.  I remembered him as being the ‘underdog’ of the group.  Even though he never really did anything to me, he’d watch and not say anything.

    Ignoring him I continued.  “Because they’re too busy trying to look cool and put people down just so they can feel better about their lowly lives,” I concluded, remembering how I spent my days hiding in a cubical. 

   They looked at me in disbelief, shaking their heads as if I was a brute.  I looked at them and smirked as they scraped their chairs back and left the classroom. 

    I smiled to myself and returned to the front of the classroom.

“Now unless you want to end up like them I suggest you listen,” I advised, turning to the chalk board.

“She’s so mean! I always knew Hae Ri was a freak.” … “How can she say that about BTS” … “Gross she’s uglier than before!”  I gulped hearing the comments made about me but I was stubborn to not regret anything.


***

      Fast forwarding to present, I was called into the principal’s office at lunch time today. 
However it wasn’t the headmaster that wanted to see me, it was a police offer with seven demons.
    BTS… it had been awhile.

“Ah, Mrs. Lee I believe?” The police officer questioned..  It wasn’t the first time I had been mistaken for a middle aged or elderly woman. 

“Miss. Lee.” I corrected as I shut the door behind me.  The officer looked me up and down with a confused expression. BTS snickered with evil grins on their faces.  He cleared his throat before talking.

“Ah, yes sorry.  I believe these boys are a part of your homeroom.  They haven’t attended school for almost four weeks  and you haven’t bothered to follow up on their unexplained absences. Miss. Lee don’t you know that it is part of your responsibility to ensure the safety of your students?” He questioned.  I gulped, of course I knew and quite frankly I didn’t care about the whereabouts of BTS.  

    About to save my pride, the officer hushed me up.  “Don’t let this happen again,” and with that he left the office.  I felt so humiliated and embarrassed.  BTS completely ruined my reputation and I was furious.

“Listen here punks! If you jerks ever embarrass me like that again I swear-”

    “No, you listen here! Stop acting like this was our fault when it’s clearly yours okay?! You may have the brains but you defiantly don’t have any sense,” Rap monster cut me off.  He was always the one to make sure I felt bad about myself.


    The blood in me was boiling and my stomach churned feeling like I was going to erupt like a volcano. That was when I realized that something didn’t feel right.  Acid came up in my throat and I started to heave.
      A few weeks ago I was vomiting everywhere so I guessed I had food poisoning… now I know my guess was wrong.

                                   



Okay 1st chap is up! And yes she is a cow she is awful but it will change.  Anyway tell me what you guys think so far!
Any clue as to who the baby daddy may be???
Xxx

Oh and hello Australian A.R.M.Ys aren’t you excited for BTS concerts??!!! I’m in the depths of despair atm coz they ain’t coming to WA -.-‘