Work

Constellations

 

             

 

 

The sound of the endless chime of his alarm clock keeps on ringing within the four walls of Park Chanyeol’s bedroom. He finally opened up his eyes at the third ring and reached out to turn off the said device.

 

‘darn it so early in the morning’ he thought and made a trace towards the bathroom.

 

Another day, another workaholic work-filled workstatic day. Yes, it’s filled with the word ‘work.’ Since most of Chanyeol’s life is dedicated to it, work work work. That even his friend points it out on him of how much he focuses more on work rather than everything.


Because of that, at a young age of 22, Park Chanyeol’s already the head Engineer in the firm he’s working at and he can’t be late.

 

After getting ready and eating a brief breakfast, he made his way to his car and drove towards work.

 

Chanyeol has a habit of listening to the radio while driving to work. Don’t get him wrong it’s not for the purpose of hearing music (because he let go of his love for music a long time ago) but for the purpose of hearing the news broadcasted on the radio. He wants to be updated to the happenings around him not only in his country but also around the world since he is always busy and got no time to check on the news all the time.

 

The radio beams some rubbish information that the giant finds no interest at, after announcing those in the news segment, the radio channel played a love song and Chanyeol was so quick to turn it off.

 

‘It is better to be off than to hear those boring stuffs’, he thought.

 

---

 

Once he arrived at the firm, he was greeted by all the other staffs there he met on the way to his workplace.

 

“Good Morning sir”

 

“Good morning Chanyeol!”

 

“Hey Yeol!”

 

Everyone is so polite and gracious towards him. He can even hear girls side talking about him.

 

‘Sir Chanyeol is really handsome and also Talented, I wonder if he has a girlfriend’

 

‘He’s really cute if you look at him closely.’

 

All he can do is sneer. It’s not a new thing to him anyway. People praising him, his looks, his works, his talents, everything. And he knows that the firm received best acknowledgements because of him.  He can only feel proud because of that. He made it this far, really really far. Far from the Chanyeol he was before.

 

The Chanyeol he doesn’t want to go back to. Never.

 

 

“Seohyun!” he yelled once he was inside his office, seated and was looking at all the papers above his table.

 

After 15 seconds that have passed, his door was opened and a pretty figure showed up, holding a piece of paper. “Yes sir?”

 

“Did you find what I was requesting for the last time?” Chanyeol took one paper from the table and scanned it “As much as possible, I really need to have it, I am working on a project and I won’t be able to do it without what I asked of you, so did you find me one already?” he looked at his assistant because she’s been silent the whole time. “hmm? Did you?”

 

“Y…Yes sir, I finally did” she stutters, standing a little close to the door “it’s on its way here today, maybe a little later”

 

Chanyeol nods “okay, inform me when it arrived, I need to work as early as I can for this” he then looked at the other papers in his table, reading them one by one. “and also” the giant looked up at his assistant  “Give me personal data corresponding to my request when it gets here”

 

“uh, here it is sir” she immediately gave the paper she was holding to his superior. “here’s the personal data”

 

Chanyeol took it from Seohyun and said his ‘thanks’ when they heard a faint knock on the door.

 

“it must be my request, let him in” Chanyeol motioned for his assistant to open the door Once he felt the presence of another person on the room he looked at the paper at his hand, scanning the data of the person the firm had hired as his architect assistant for a new project he needs to work on.

 

“So you must be, let’s see…” he looked at the name on the paper, read it out loud “Byun Baek” then he looked at the person in front of him, and was shock to see a person he didn’t expect to see, not in a million years, he rubbed his eyes again and again, wondering if his eyes are deceiving him, but the figure in front of him, never leaving his line of sight. “hyun”

 

“hi” that person greeted with a shy smile. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, looking forward to working with you” he smiled weakly at the Supervisor whose eyes won’t leave him as if judging him from head to toe.

 

After a few couple of minutes went by. Chanyeol had finally regain his composure and cough. He called out his assistant “No, I won’t accept him and I want you to look for a replacement as early as possible” he said with a stern voice. He then looked at Baekhyun “You can leave now.”

 

“But” Baekhyun tried to reason out but Chanyeol glared at him, not being able to say what he was about to say.

 

“Your service is not needed in this firm. You can now leave”

 

Baekkhyun noticed the sting in his ex-lover’s voice. ‘he’s still angry at me’ he thought. He smiled a sad smile and mutters a weak “okay.”