Can't

Constellations

    

 

 

 

Baekhyun was staring at his laptop for quite some time now, thinking for a possible idea to contribute but no matter how he push his mind to think of something none would come out that would perfectly fit the  likes of what he may call “Chanyeol’s client.” Somehow the word ‘Chanyeol’s’ bring a stinging sensation to his tongue everytime he thought about it.

 

 

He’s sitting at the conference room again, papers scattered on the table, Chanyeol at the other side of the table, opposite where Baekhyun’s sitting. He noticed that the said boy is as problematic as he is, ‘He’s thinking so hard as well’ he thought.

 

His supervisor looks like he wanted to ripped all the papers he’s holding in his left hand, and crushed the laptop he’s holding in his right hand and just stand up and leave but he can’t because it’s his duty to accomplish this.

 

‘He never really change’ Baekhyun thought again and smiled softly, making sure that it’s unnoticeable by the man in the same room or it will just bring hell to the both of them. ‘He would always do stuffs for other people despite him having a hard time by doing so.’

 

It reminded Baekhyun of how his ex-lover, now Boss, gave up his dream of becoming a Musician just to obey his Father’s wants and commands.

 

‘That’s just how nice and kind he could be, thinking or others rather than himself’

 

He looked at the man in front of him again and noticed how many things have changed about him as well. He’s not the derpy looking, glasses wearing nerd that everyone teases and bullies in their school before. He is now wearing simple yet elegant clothes that screams ‘sophistication’ and ‘class.’ He’s now well-dressed and well-groomed. His eyes speaks a thousand mystery of coldness and sadness. He doesn’t laugh, He doesn’t smile and would always look at things seriously.

 

He’s one of those guys that Girls go crazy for now, like a Prince in those Romantic Movies.

 

He’s really not the same Derpy Happy Virus he was before.

 

Those are the good all times, Baekhyun thought, how he wanted to come back to it. When Chanyeol was the Happy Virus, When Chanyeol was wearing those old nerdy glasses, When Chanyeol has those creepy Grin that made Baekhyun love him more, When Chanyeol would smile at him with pureness and Sincerity, When Chanyeol was his.

 

 But he knows he can’t.

 

 

 

And it’s all his fault.

 

---

 

5 hours have passed and everyone are leaving the building one by one. It was past their shift ends yet both the two boys aren’t leaving the same chair they have occupied since this morning. Not feeling the hunger nor caring the sleepy emotion filling their system.

 

Somehow they are able to improve the progress, having different ideas to contribute and going to plan it one by one, once the best idea is chosen.

 

After an hour or two again, it was Baekhyun who was the first to give unto sleepiness. It was only when Chanyeol was talking to him and realized that he was talking to an air since no one is answering back that Chanyeol realized it was already 1 in the morning.

 

The giant walked towards the boy confused to the sudden unresponsive, only to see him sleeping, like a little Pup sleeping so sundly. He was staring at a boy, face leaning the table, and faint snores leaving his mouth and it looked like he was trying his best not to sleep in the looks of it. His hand still holding a pen slightly.

 

 

 

Chanyeol can’t help but to chuckle a little at the sight. ‘Stupid pup’

And then it hit him that it was the real first time he looked at Baekhyun’s face for so long, and it was while the latter was sleeping. Some of his features really did change but on the same time remains the same. He became cuter than before but still the most gorgeous being he saw in his life.

 

He tried to take off those little strands of hair that blocked the sleeping man’s face. The pup’s sleeping so soundly anyway.

 

He stared at his face for a little longer than necessary, a sad mixed emotions mirroring his eyes. 

 

 

‘Why did you suddenly come back?’ Pain obvious in his voice as he murmurs.

 

Even though he tried his best to mask his feelings for the little guy, he knows that deep within his heart, there is still the feelings that he can only have whenever it was Baekhyun involve. For a long time, he have never felt this thing anymore, he knows its impossible, but when Baekhyun steps inside his office that day, made his presence noticed, Chanyeol felt that familiar thug within his heart that he knows he can only feel for Baekhyun. It’s the feeling that never even once left his system no matter how many times he tried to.

 

It’s a feeling he can never feel for anyone. Love.

 

But he knows he can’t.

 

 

“I’m sorry..” he heard a small whisper from the sleeping man, distrupting his thoughts. He looked at him and was shocked by the next thing he heard from him “I’m sorry, Chanyeol”

 

 

---

 

Hello! Those who are commenting that are curious about Chanbaek's past. Don't worry, I'll reveal it to you guys soon., I'd even give a timeline of how they met, they became a couple and how they broke up. :3
 

Comments are really appreciated guys. Thaank you. :D