Bestfriend

Constellations

 

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were walking together, on their way to Kyungsoo’s home. It is evident in the elder that he was exhausted from the events of today. Jongin was looking at him from time to time. Their steps are in sync while their walk, the younger tried to be as close as possible to the elder, wanting to be a pillar when the man can lean on if ever he wanted to rest for a while.

 

The other was so focused in his thinking that he doesn’t notice the stare the younger was giving him.

 

Maybe Jongin really has a crush on his bestfriend.

 

Things about bestfriends, huh? He thought. First was Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and now it’s him and his feelings towards Kyungsoo. But Jongin just can’t help it. At first he didn’t look at the elder that way, but as time goes by, everything about Kyungsoo made him twist in affection’s he didn’t knew could exist in him.

 

Kyungsoo with his caring maternal attitude towards them, the way he says the perfect words to other people. The way he smile his heart shaped smile. The way his eyes twinkle when he’s happy. The way he’s irritated when he scolds Jongin. Teasing was his only way to make the elder notice him. He knew it was childish but atleast for a moment he would be noticed, right?

 

 

But he would never admit his feelings to Kyungsoo, not in a million years. From what he have learned, Falling in love with your bestfriend would be a big pain in the , Chanyeol and Baekhyun for example. Their deep friendship was broken when feelings and affection was included in their story. They should have been really close right now with no misunderstanding, if it weren’t for their feelings for each other get in the way.

 

Jongin doesn’t want that to happen between him and Kyungsoo. He doesn’t want to be separated from the elder, he wanted to be by his side always, even if it means he would just be his ‘bestfriend’, only a bestfriend.

 

“Today is such a tiring day isn’t it?” He suddenly said which made the older looked at him.

 

Kyungsoo nods at him. “Yea, so much drama happened today, all I want is to lie on my bed and sleep.”

 

“well you were really great this morning, Kyung” he beamed at the older male “You were so caring and reliable whenever people are in distress.” He flashed a full tooth smile towards the elder “you really know how to take good care of people.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled back at him. “That was the nicest thing you said to me Jongin”

 

 “I told you to call me Kai and not Jongin anymore” The younger scowled “It made me sound like a kid, Kyung”

 

“No, I really have no idea where you got that ‘Kai’ thing, but your name is Jongin” Kyungsoo scolds him again. “that is why I am calling you your real name, Jongin”

 

“Kai makes me sound so y to the ladies Kyung.”

 

“No, it makes you sound ridiculous.”

 

“Naggy.” Jongin scowls again and turned to his side away from the elder.

 

“Childish.” Kyungsoo retorded.

 

 “Well you love me for it.” Jongin joked.

 

 

“True.”

 

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who continued walking, he was shocked by what the elder answered. He felt his heart beating fast, Why is Kyungsoo doing this to me?, He felt his face flushed with heat.

 

Kyungsoo looked at him. “Hey Jongin, do you want to go to the playground park near at home?”

 

The younger was still blank minded, staring at the elder.

 

“I still don’t want to go home yet, I want to eat a Popsicle, you want to come with me?” the elder asked, and he just nods not comprehending what was said to him.

 

Kyungsoo held Jongin’s hand towards the said park and ran.

 

 

Nothing felt so perfect for Jongin, than now.

 

---

 

Once Kyungsoo and Jongin each were both seated in a swing, popsicles at hand. The older male swinging back and forth, happily humming a beautiful tune.

 

“I wonder what is going on between Chanyeol and Baekhyun now.” He said suddenly, looking at the sky. It was a mixture of red, orange, it was nearly reaching the night. The sun is setting, and Kyungsoo found it so beautiful in his eyes. There are birds flying towards the horizon, and the wind strong yet felt so soft in his cheeks. “I feel so pity towards them.”

 

Jongin could only listen to the other, he thought that the other’s voice is beautiful enough not to interrupt it.

 

“it is evident that they love each other so much.” Kyungsoo closed his eyes. “yet they can’t be together, and I feel so bad about it.”

 

“How come?” Jongin was finally able to respond to him.

 

“who wouldn’t feel so bad about people obviously in love with each other yet can’t be together because of the results of the aching pain in the past?”

 

“Kyungsoo, maybe that’s just what is really supposed to happen” Jongin looked down at his popsicle “Maybe because Bestfriends just aren’t supposed to fall in love with each other.” Bitterness evident in his voice, because maybe it wasn’t only referring to his friend and his exlover but also to himself.

 

“Just like what they said, Bestfriends aren’t supposed to be lovers, because they know they would only be BEST when they remain as Friends.”

 

Jongin was so sad at the thought but he knew it was the truth, beautiful yet sad truth.

 

 

 

“You’re wrong Jongin”, The taller looked at Kyungsoo and was shocked to see a same tender expression emitting in those lovely big orbs, he learned to adore for a long time. Yet there’s a soft smile painted in his beautiful face. “Falling in love with a bestfriend is not a wrong thing.”

 

Then he stared at the sky again, adoring the beautiful color of the autumn sky. “Sometimes it is the best to fall in love with your bestfriend, because everything about that person you have already accepted, you already loved even before you knew it.”

 

He looked at the man beside him again, and Jongin felt his heart moved by that stare. He didn’t know how many seconds have passed. All he knew was that all he can see now was the person looking at him.

 

“and that Bestfriends are forever, Jongin.”

 

He felt his heart skipped a beat again and the heat radiates glow again, he thought maybe it was because of the sunset, yes it was because of the sunset.

 

He dropped his head and murmurs quietly yet still can be heard by the man beside him.

 

“So you don’t mind if ever you’d fall for a bestfriend?”

 

He didn’t saw Kyungsoo shook his head with a smile on his face. “I don’t mind.”

 

 

“Hm.” All he could reply.

 

 

And Jongin thought the sky is prettier than it was earlier that day.

 

 

---

 

Yey for Kaisoo. They're just one of the most adorable thing ever and I love them. Hihi.


It's Double update again, yey!