Situations

Constellations

 

tumblr_mk9wlq51UV1rbmcz5o1_500.gif

 

Sehun felt a sudden hard sting on his cheeks, he placed his hand to his face’s side where it stung.

 

He stared at the shaking man in front of him, whose eyes are mirroring the same intense stare Sehun has.

 

“Luhan, I-”

 

“No Sehun” Luhan roared, even before the younger could continue. His eyes are emitting few tears of anger. Sehun wasn’t sure if there’s a slight sadness in those eyes..

 

 “You’ve got it all wrong about this Sehun, You don’t love me. You can’t love me” He kept on wiping his lips, trying his hard to erase the memory of what happened a couple of seconds ago, Sehun shouldn’t have kissed him, he shouldn’t allow the younger to kiss him. He glared at the younger. “You’re just delusional about your childish beliefs of LOVE.

 

Before Sehun could retort, Luhan walked towards the shop’s door again. “You don’t even know anything about me, Sehun.”

 

“This face, this body isn’t me Sehun, I’m Luhan” He said, something more hidden inside those words, Sehun thought. Then suddenly Luhan opened the door, signalling for the silver-haired to leave. “and I’m not the kind of person you think I am.”

 

---

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

Jongin kept on calling out his bestfriend’s name yet there was no response, His voice just keeps on echoing inside the Do Family’s abode.

 

Jongin was aware that Kyungsoo’s parents are away from the said home, always leaving the said boy in the house alone. That’s why he knew that Kyungsoo would be the only one inside the house, but where the hell is he? He thought.

 

Jongin walked through the Living room, still calling out Kyungsoo’s name softly. While he was calling out the name that’s familiar in his mouth, he stopped his tracks when he notice the picture frames above the fireplace. Those pictures aren’t new to his eyes, yet still makes him smile whenever he see those.

 

Some of those are pictures of Kyungsoo with his parents and some are pictures of them. It’s like an album of Kyungsoo’s life.

 

There’s a picture of Kyungsoo as a toddler, his mother holding him so tight in her arms as if cherishing the beautiful in her arms yet softly, afraid of hurting her precious baby, while her Dad is looking at them lovingly, Smiles obvious in their faces.

 

There’s also a picture of Kyungsoo, Jongin and Chanyeol, holding a piece of certificates in their hands, and their body covered in a black gown, signalling their finishing of their studies. One of the best days of their lives, Jongin noted.

 

And one is when they were a Kid, Kyungsoo and him together. Jongin can’t stop the grin forming in his face as he looked at the said photo. He has a pout on his face, while Kyungsoo was smiling cheekily to the camera. It was when he was only 10 years old while Kyungsoo was 11. It was when he used to hate the older. Old times. He laughed.

 

He remembered the memory so clearly.

 

“Jongin” his mother called out to him, she’s wearing a slim pencil skirt and gray blazer, hint that she’s heading out for work. He didn’t respond a word, even a stare to his mom.

 

‘She’s always busy at work’, ‘My mom doesn’t even pay any attention to me’, all of those thoughts ran inside Little Jongin’s head. Who could blame his mom for working so hard for him? Being an independent mother, raising her child. But Jongin doesn’t understand the situation at that time, He only wants his mother’s attention to him, He only wants his mom to be there for him, play with him, cook for him, He just wants his mom.

 

He’s craving for his mother’s presence. Her mother knew that, yet she can’t do anything because she needs to raise his Little Jongin, and how can she do that if she won’t work hard?

 

She suddenly hugged her precious little child whose trying his best to squirm away, but didn’t. “I’m so sorry Baby, Mommy needs to work.” She held her son’s chin softly, which made Jongin looked at her “Mommy needs to work for us to live, I hope you understand that Jonginnie”

 

Little Jongin just pouts and her mother giggled, while rubbing her son’s head “Don’t worry baby, I have hired a babysitter for you. He’s a year older than you so I think you’ll get along.”

 

‘Another babysitter again?’ he bitterly thought. He always tried his best to get rid all of those babysitters that his mother hired just for his mother to be forced to be with him, even for just a short moment.

 

 “And please Jongin don’t give your babysitter a hard time, it’s tiring looking for a babysitter to look after you.”

 

And then they heard the doorbell.

 

“That’s maybe him.”

 

After a few minutes, Jongin noticed his mom with a boy same height as him, beside his mother’s side. His eyes large enough to look like it’s about to pop out, body a little chubbier than his, and face more baby-faced than he could imagine.

 

“Jonginnie” his mother called out, “This is Do Kyungsoo, your babysitter.”

 

Jongin can’t stop the chuckle from escaping his mouth. He really used to hate Kyungsoo that time, He gave him the hardest time the elder could imagine, There are times when Kyungsoo wanted to give up, and leave, that made Jongin felt that maybe no one could really be there for him.

­

Kyungsoo wanted to give up, but he never did.

 

He still stood there beside Jongin, especially when the younger needed him most. Kyungsoo became his confidante, his mother figure (the one the younger craved the most), and because of Kyungsoo, he never felt the sadness of being alone again.

 

Maybe that’s why he fell in love with the elder.

 

And he wished the other would feel the same way towards him too.

 

But that’s impossible. He thought.

 

Kyungsoo have never indicated anything towards him that’s more than a platonic friendship. And Jongin felt so bitterly towards that. He wanted to have Kyungsoo, but he can’t.

 

He just can’t ruin their friendship. He’ll just have this one sided love forev—

 

“Jongin” he heard the familiar voice that disrupts his thoughts. He looked at the direction of the voice, Kyungsoo’s smile made his cheeks burned “You’re already here.”

 

---

 

[Flashback]

 

“what’s your name?”

“Park Chan..yeol” he stuttered.

“Hi Chanyeol, I’m Byun Baekhyun” he smiled “Nice to meet you.”

 

5 year old Park Chanyeol was staring at his ceiling, recollecting the events that happened this early day, He met a kid, shorter than him, with brown locks and a puppy contagious smile.

 

It was the first time he saw the said kid, but Chanyeol doesn’t doubt why because he never really pay attention to anyone, he was a loner after all.

 

Being left by his parents all the time to take care of their business and company, made the child get used to being left out and alone, only bodyguards and maids to accompany him all the time.

 

The kid never experienced someone to play with him, He never experienced someone to take good care of him when he’s sick, and he never experienced someone to look at him with such concern in their eyes.

 

He have never experienced the affection he have longed for.

 

And he was used to it, being alone and left out.
 

And being a good kid as he was, even once he didn’t complain. He has no right to complain.

 

But the next day, when he thought everything would still remain the same in his dull everyday life, where he would do what he always does, play alone with himself until he tire himself out, a certain kid knocked through their big mansion, toys in his hand, and a smile in his face made a pinch in Little Park Chanyeol’s heart.

 

“Hi Chanyeol” he said “Are you busy? Want to play with me?”

 

The other remained silent, he didn’t know what to say, it was the first time someone asked him to play with him, someone looked at him in a way Chanyeol was so foreign of.

 

It left him shock, and the next thing he knew, Baekhyun was holding his hand, leading him towards the playground.