Engineer and Architect

Constellations

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked once he sat next to Chanyeol.

 

The latter looked at him then smiled his usual Happy Virus smile. “Nothing.”

 

“Don’t lie to me, I know when something’s bugging you” Baekhyun softly hits his head, “Seriously, what’s wrong?”

 

“I really can’t hide anything from you, huh?”

 

“Ofcourse.” Baekhyun smiled “I would be the worst person ever if I don’t know my boyfriend and my bestfriend when there’s something going on in his head”

 

Chanyeol blushed.

 

“Seriously, Chanyeol, you still blush everytime I get romantic to you” Baekhyun softly scold the taller man beside him whose face is all red from embarrassment and happiness, then he held his hand. “So, tell me now, what’s bothering you.”

 

Suddenly Chanyeol’s mood changed from embarrassed to somehow sad. “It’s my Dad.” He paused for a moment when he heard Baekhyun facepalmed himself and murmurs ‘what did he do again to you?’ then continued. “He wants me to take Engineering in College.”

 

“What? But I thought you like to take Music in College.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head “I can’t disobey my father.” Then he smiled to Baekhyun. “But I’d still cheer you Baek in your Music, I Promise”

 

“I’d take Architecture.”

 

Chanyeol stopped grinning. “Wha-“

 

“I said I’ll take Architecture Yeol” He looked at Chanyeol with serious eyes.

 

“But Music is your dream Baekhyun, why would you throw it away?” Chanyeol asked, confused.

 

It was Baekhyun’s turn to grin at him “Isn’t it obvious? We’re partners forever Chanyeol, together forever. Where Chanyeol goes, Baekhyun follows and where Baekhyun goes, Chanyeol will follow too.”

 

Chanyeol can’t stop the erratic beating of his heart.

 

“But… That’s your dream, wha.. why?”

 

“Because what we have is more important than that Chanyeol” Baekhyun held his hand so tight with assurance and comfort that he will never leave his side “To me, you’re more important than my dream, Yeol”

 

What Baekhyun is doing to him is just too much. He can’t stop the butterflies dancing in his stomach. The Deep Colors return, from his cheeks to the perks of his ears.

 

Baekhyun laughed with his angelic voice “Your face is all red again.”

 

Chanyeol can never get tired of that voice, that smile, that laugh, that person, Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

---

 

Chanyeol stands in front of the conference room, Baekhyun sitting at the opposite of Chanyeol, listening attentively at all the information given by his supervisor.

 

“A unique yet tacky idea is needed for this, If we won’t be able to come up for that by this week. Our client would surely be disappointed and the possibility of him not investing to our firm is high” Chanyeol said, his hand calming the knot forming in his head. ‘such a pain’

 

Apparently, the Client for the project, Kim Joonmyun, also known by many as Suho is a walking million dollar, who by suddenly request to the firm, especially Park Chanyeol to design and manage the construction for his new Park.

 

He wanted it to be unique, He wanted it to be eye-catching and relaxing where he can spend his free time, walking and adoring the beauty of it.

 

He specifically request that Chanyeol would be the one to handle it because he has given quite a big trust in the works of the latter, being able to witness it by his own eyes that he makes one of the best.

 

That gave Chanyeol an honour, as well as a big responsibility. And he can’t disappoint his client, because his client is one of the biggest investors of the firm, and they can’t lose him because of Chanyeol.

 

That is why he wanted the best Architecture to help him for this. And when you say the best for Park Chanyeol there would be none other than—

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No” He only chose Baekhyun because they have no time to look for anyone anymore, they need to make this ASAP. That’s the only reason.

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

He suddenly looked at the source of the voice. It was from the person who invaded his mind a few moments ago. “What is it?”

 

“I was calling out to you a few times already but you’re spacing out” Baekhyun said “is anything wrong?”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun wide-eyes. ‘those lines’ he thought.
 

 

 

“Don’t lie to me, I know when something’s bugging you” Baekhyun softly hits his head, “Seriously, what’s wrong?”

“I really can’t hide anything from you, huh?”

“Ofcourse.” Baekhyun smiled “I would be the worst person ever if I don’t know my boyfriend and my bestfriend when there’s something going on in his head”

 

  “Nothing” he answered. “Please don’t mind me Mr. Byun” then walked towards the door. “Let’s continue this tomorrow, I’m tired”

 

Baekhyun was about to answer but was stopped by the man in front of the door, holding the door knob and opened it

 

“and please don’t call me by my first name basis, I am still your boss, call me Sir or Mr. Park”

 

 

 

Then he left, leaving the smaller man in the room with sadness in his eyes.