Car Ride

Constellations

 

 

 

Sehun and Jongin was on their way to the Bubble Tea shop that the former had been talking about Jongin didn’t know how long until he felt his phone vibrates again inside his pocket.

 

“Hello.” He quickly said after answering.

 

“Where are you already?” The person on the other line quickly said “Are you on your way here now?”

 

Jongin can’t help but softly laugh at the other’s quick voice. “Did you really miss me that much Kyung?”

 

He heard the other line scowled. So he immediately followed up “I’d go there after I stopped at a Bubble Tea shop with Sehun.”

 

“No. That’s bad for your health, Jongin, tell Sehun that as well” Kyungsoo replied “And you promised me to come here after your dance practice, no stop overs.”

 

“But-“

 

“No buts, Kim Jongin” Crap. Kyungsoo used his ‘Kim Jongin’ tone, when Kyungsoo uses that, it would mean not to disobey or you’ll face the consequence of Do Kyungsoo and Jongin doesn’t want that.

 

“Alright, I’d be right there” Jongin can only agree, It was Kyungsoo anyway.

 

After he heard an okay from the other line and took his phone inside his pocket, he looked at the man beside him walking.

 

Before he could speak, Sehun already spoke “You can’t come with me to the Bubble Tea shop because your bestfriend Do Kyungsoo told you to meet him, and you being all head over heels for him ofcourse would obey.”

 

“Hey! I’m not head over heels for him”, Jongin retorded “But yeah, I promised to meet him after practice so, I can’t come with you” He apologized “I guess next time bro?”

 

 “Sure.” Sehun dismissed  ”Go to your princess.”

 

“Also, Kyungsoo said that Bubble Tea is bad for your health” Jongin followed up, remembering his bestfriend’s scolding. “But I think he’s just overreacting, I mean what disease can you get from drinking a tea with pearls?”

 

Both of them just laughed at the thought. And Sehun smiled “Don’t worry, Tell him, I’d just have a couple”

 

 

---

 

Luhan was cleaning a table after a couple of girls that used that table left. He doesn’t want to be a bit of full of himself but he knows that those girls are coming to his bubble Tea shop because of him.

 

He noticed how they kept on staring at him while he prepares their drink, how they ogle on him when he smiles and hand their beverages.

 

He appreciates their fondness towards him, but he’s just not that into those kind of things. Maybe if he were the Luhan from before that just doesn’t care about relationships and feelings that seriously, maybe he’d take those likings into consideration.

 

He used to be a playboy, anyway.

 

But meeting Baekhyun changed his ideals of love. How he saw the latter do his best for the person he loves the most., How he denied Luhan, smart, handsome, athletic, and a person who gets everything with just a blink of an eye,  for a person that’s creepy and nerdy like Park Chanyeol.

 

Luhan realized that Love isn’t all about looks and flirtations, and Baekhyun made him realize that.

 

If only He was capable of loving someone sincerely like how Baekhyun loves Chanyeol, that would be a sweet thing, Luhan thought.

 

But for a former playboy like him who never really felt true affections towards anyone, it’s impossible. And that’s why Luhan never regards anyone who shows affections towards him, the girls that keeps on coming to his shop just to see him and ogle, as well as the person who keeps on leaving roses in his doorstep.

 

He was about to place the trashes in the bin when he heard the door chime rings signalling a customer, he looked at the silver haired boy inside his shop and smiled.

 

“Sehun.”

 

And the other boy smiled as well. “Hey Hyung.”

 

---

 

Baekhyun was standing in front of Chanyeol’s car, he was about to open the backseat when Chanyeol smacked his hand softly, he looked at the taller and saw him opening the passenger’s seat.

 

He was about to ask why, when Chanyeol overran his sentence. “I don’t want to look like your personal driver Baekhyun.”

 

Oh.

 

The smaller nods. “Okay”, he thought that Chanyeol was right, if he were to ride at the backseat, it would totally looked like Chanyeol was his personal driver, and it’s not a good thought since Chanyeol was the owner of the car and Chanyeol’s only giving him a ride.

 

But seating at the passenger seat makes him feel nervous, it kinda looked like their couple, they looked so intimate. Baekhyun dismissed the thought. It’s not a good time to think of something like that in this kind of moment knowing that Chanyeol invited him for breakfast just to talk about the project and nothing more.

 

Once they were both settled inside the vehicle, Chanyeol drove and kept his vision towards the road.

 

He told Baekhyun to open the radio as he wanted to listen to the news and the elder complied. They both listened to the endless chatters of reporters in the radio, after that there’s a song that came up, a sweet yet calming song, Baekhyun thought.

 

Chanyeol turn off the radio once he heard the song and Baekhyun looked at him.

 

“Why did you turn off the radio?”

 

“I only listen to the radio to hear the news, nothing more” Chanyeol answered without taking his eyes off in front.

 

Baekhyun pouted and turn the radio on, the beautiful sound emits inside the car again.

 

Chanyeol looked at him for a moment then towards the road again. “Why did you turn it on again?”

 

“Because it’s a beautiful song, and it’s calming to hear songs while you’re driving.”

 

He was about to turn it off again, when Baekhyun stopped him by placing his smaller ones above Chanyeol’s bigger ones, The skin contact made them both flushed and baekhyun quickly took his hand away.

 

“I’m s..sorry” he stuttered then placed his hand over the radio “But no turning off of the radio.”

 

Chanyeol could only scowl after regaining his normal heartbeat. “Fine”

 

And after a while, Baekhyun hummed along with the beautiful tune, Chanyeol wasn’t aware the he was doing the same thing too.

 

---

 

After they were done eating breakfast together, and as well as finished talking about the changes they needed to do in the project, Chanyeol and Baekyun was heading towards the office again.

 

Baekhyun took note of the important things they have talked about.

 

How he needed to be always with Chanyeol most of the time now, looking, planning and delivering of this and that, of the upcoming amusement Park. It needs to be precise and accurate for everyone to love when people visits the place.

 

But what made him took notice of the most, is how he can see Chanyeol grin from time to time now, even if its most is to bicker him.

 

‘Don’t measure the railings for the ferris wheel using your height as the base.’

 

He wasn’t offended, because seeing a smile plastered in the taller’s face made his insides churns with butterflies, and Baekhyun couldn’t get anymore happier with the sight.

 

He wanted to see more of Chanyeol like that.

 

Not with the full of stress, distress, work problems and tiring aura. But with a carefree, enjoying, happy virus atmosphere.

 

With a grin, he looked at the man beside him. “Chanyeol” he called out which made the man looked at him for a moment.

 

“Let’s go to the arcade.”

 

The invitation made the taller flushed red. “W..What?” Did he just heard correctly what Beakhyun said.

 

“I said let’s go to the arcade.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol shook his head, “No. Baekhyun, I’m busy, aand… I have a lot of things to do at work.” he stuttered

 

Baekhyun stared at him. “That’s why I’m asking you out, You’ve been so busy lately, drowning yourself with work”, then he placed his hand to the younger’s arm “Just please, relax a little, Chanyeol”

 

 

Chanyeol stared at him for a while.

 

“Just subtract both of our absence from my paycheck” Baekhyun stated, and Chanyeol stared, the smaller looked so serious and worried. It didn’t made him anxious or what, but the opposite, it made him somehow light and happy. Knowing that the person he longed to care for him is already there, it’s so foreign yet so contentedly. He’s happy being with Baekhyun again.

 

“You haven’t even been working that long in the firm to cover both our absence today with your paycheck, Baekhyun” He teased which made Baekhyun pouts.

 

He playfully rubbed the smaller's head and smiled “But sure Baekhyun, let’s go to the arcade.”