Constellation

Constellations

 

 

 

Baekhyun was whirring a soft tune while sitting at the passenger seat of Chanyeol’s car while the latter was driving. It was already late and Chanyeol’s aware that the elder was somehow tired and sleepy.

 

Chanyeol would be a liar if he’d say he didn’t enjoy the happenings of today.

 

It was a long time ever since he had fun like this, not caring about the world, not minding the hours, minutes, seconds that’s passing by, not thinking about each words and letters being written in papers and typed in his laptop, not thinking of which is which for a project.

 

It felt new to his current boring lifestyle, yet perfectly in sync with his missing excitement for a long time, he forgot how to have ‘fun’. And to be honest, he really enjoyed it.

 

Both he and Baekhyun stayed in the Arcade for almost 5 hours, and they didn’t notice the time until one of the Employee in the Arcade told them that it is nearly closing time.

 

He grinned recalling all the events they had today. It was really enjoyable.

 

 

And he have said that a couple of times already in his head.

 

 Even though he knew he would get scolded for leaving during work days without notice, especially taking the newbie architecture of the firm, same without leaving a notice to the office.

 

He knew Seohyun and other personnel in the office are calling his phone, yet he ignored it all.

 

He looked at the small male sitting beside him, snoring a little and Chanyeol smiled, it was all worth it.

 

He knew that it wouldn’t be that fun if it weren’t for the little vixen beside him. He knew that Baekhyun would always add another level of brightness in everything to Chanyeol’s life. From the radio in his car, to the chocolate caramel beverage he drinks, and to the glee that was foreign to his system for a long time.

 

Baekhyun really knows all the right turns to Chanyeol’s every keys. He knows how to fit all the puzzle pieces to make Chanyeol’s life whole. He’s the perfect architect for the only engineer called Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was about to make a turn in a street, when he heard his stomach grumbling and that’s when he realized that both he and his vixen haven’t had anything to eat.

 

I’m hungry, I guess taking a quick turn to a fast food chain isn’t a bad idea? He thought and heads towards the nearest fast food chain in the area.

 

---

 

After buying some foods from a fast food chain, Chanyeol drive through the area to look for a place to stop over and relax for a moment to eat, he saw a small hill with a tree on top, and figured that it would be a nice place to eat for a while. He even bought some foods for the sleeping guy. He can’t just take Baekhyun to the latter’s house since he doesn’t have any idea where the smaller lives.

 

He wanted to wake Baekhyun up and accompany him while eating, but looking at the beautiful man sleeping soundlessly made him change his mind immediately.

He’d just wait for Baekhyun to wake up on his own. So Chanyeol took a piece of his meal and went outside the car, he sat at the back of his vehicle and watched the stars danced in the sky while taking a bite from his food.

 

Since it’s already late in the night, the stars looks like diamonds sparkling in heaven. Chanyeol can’t help but to adore the view above.

 

And then he remembered how he used to watched those beauties when they’re just kids, how he never fails to make time to adore the stars with Baekhyun.

 

He even remembered that the day He and the elder became a couple is during their star gazing when they were 15 years old.

 

“Let’s make a wish Yeol.”

“Chanyeol, what did you wish for? Tell me. Tell me.”

“You’re mind’s wandering again aren’t you?”

“Do you mean by that in a friendly way Chanyeol?”

“Took you long enough, idiot”

 

Chanyeol can’t help but smile a blue smile while remembering some of the most important days of his life, his eyes are still tracing the stars above.

 

Just like the stars in the constellation, I want to be connected to you in any way possible, so that when we’re connected, we create something beautiful. Something worth admiring.

 

The connection that we have, we may not see it, we may not appreciate it. But when it is seen by other’s perspective, they see it as something beautiful.

 

He then looked at the sleeping man inside his car, “You’re the only star I see Baekhyun” he smiled yet it is evident that there’s a pain in his constraint voice. “in the past, Even until now.”

 

 

“But, I just can’t love you any longer.” Chanyeol let the tears fall from his eyes. “I’m so broken, I don’t know how to love anymore.”

 

 

---

 

“Sehun?” Luhan asked, voice a little restraint. “What are you talking about?” He tried to hide the nervousness in his system, but his body shows otherwise. He is shaking and he doesn’t know what to feel, Anger? Sadness? Happiness? What?

 

“Don’t make a prank on me, Sehun” He demanded “This isn’t funny.”

 

How the hell did Sehun knew those lines? ‘You’re as pretty as a rose’, Only three person know those lines, Luhan, the receiver of the note, Baekhyun when he saw the note in the Bubble Tea Shop, and lastly the person who sends the note.

 

Sehun wouldn’t know it from Luhan because as far as the blond knew he haven’t said a word to the younger anything about his secret admirer, And Sehun wouldn’t know it from Baekhyun because they don’t know each other. So the only one left is the sender of the note.

 

It’s either the Sehun knew the guy and the latter told him all about it, or…

 

Sehun smiled softly and slowly took something behind him.

 

Luhan had his eyes open wide when he saw a piece of red rose unveiling from the younger’s behind.

  

 

“I’m the one who’s been giving you those red roses Hyung” The taller said, a faint blush visible in his cheeks, and his eyes staring at him lovingly, Luhan felt a thug in his heart. “I really like you Luhan Hyung.”

 

Luhan has no idea how many minutes have already passed, he tried to swallow an invisible lump in his throat, his hands are sweaty, he doesn’t even know what to say or react.

 

Here in front of him, is a boy, 4 years younger than him, whom he only see as a younger brother, is confessing his love for him, and ironically the one who’s been giving him love-filled flowers and notes daily.

 

“Sehun” he tried call out properly but failed, his voice muffled, “You really don’t know what you’re saying, I think the night just got into you, it’s already late” he tried to reason out, Those things needed to be pushed away from their minds.”You should go home.”

 

Luhan smiled weakly “And by tomorrow, you’d be back to your rational thinking again.”, he opened the front door of the shop, as if signalling to the younger to go home, his hands swaying back and forth like saying ‘leave, leave, shoo, shoo’, “Come on Sehun, Go Home, Take a rest and s-”

 

“Wah! Sehun!” The elder wasn’t able to continue his speech when Sehun held his arm and trapped him inside his body. Their eyes meeting in a serious stare.

 

“I am serious hyung!” Sehun stated.

 

“No you’re not Sehun” Luhan retorded “Stop saying stupid thi-”

 

 

Luhan felt his surroundings fade when he felt plump lips drowned his.