Star

Constellations

 

 

Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun had been bestfriends ever since they met at the park when they were five years old.

 

They would always spend time together. Either one of them going to the place of the other to play. But since most of the time Chanyeol would be the one his parents left alone, he would always escape his house bodyguards and went towards the smaller’s small abode yet happier than his big one.

 

They almost done everything together, even build their dreams together.

 

Baekhyun wanted to be a singer while the other wanted to be musical instrument player. Whenever they have time, they would practice together. Baekhyun would sing while Chanyeol would play the guitar for him.

 

Being together was already a usual thing to the both of them. Whenever you’d see Baekhyun, there would always be chanyeol with him and it’s the same with the other.

 

It’s just their friendship unannounced code and they’re happy with that.

 

When they reached the age of 10. The elder was appointed to enter a singing contest, he’s gonna represent their whole class, and Chanyeol was the proudest of them all for his bestfriend.

 

The day for the contest came, and being the bestfriend Chanyeol is, he strides towards the backstage to wish his bestfriend ‘goodluck’ with a piece of rose in his hand. He wants to support his bestfriend the best he can.

 

After bumping with many people out there, he came in front of a room, dressing room, it says, Baekhyun said he’d be there before going on stage, he hates the crowd because it makes him more nervous than before.

 

Once he entered, he saw his bestfriend sitting at a chair, holding his neck as if massing his throat.  Chanyeol crept a smile.

 

He held the rose in front of his friend that made the smaller looked at him. “Yeol!” He cheeped happiness evident in his voice at the presence of someone he knew would give him comfort.

 

“Goodluck Baek.” The taller’s smiled his creepy eye twitching smile and Baekhyun hugged him. “Thank you Giant

 

Chanyeol knew it was a normal thing between them when Baekhyun hugs him out of nowhere, but this time he felt something inside him stir, something nice. He felt his face go red. “Don’t call me giant Baek” he said to hide his embarrassment. “Lately, you’ve been calling me giant you know.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at him “Why won’t I call you giant? Lately I noticed you’ve been growing taller than before. Look at our height difference” he stood up next to his friend to compare their height “you’re growing so tall now, it’s unfair you know.”

 

“Well, if I’m a giant, then you’re a vixen Baekhyun” Chanyeol retorded, hiding his embarrassed flushed face. Baekhyun was standing so close to him that made his heart pumped faster again.

 

“Vixen?” the smaller asked in confusion “What’s a vixen?”

 

“A female fox” Chanyeol admitted “I saw it on animal channel this one time.”

 

“Why would you compare me to an animal especially a female one, you giant?”

 

“Because you’re brave, courageous and pretty and it reminds me of you.”

 

Before the smaller could retort some reply they heard someone spoke from the door, it’s a girl. “Baekhyun-ssi? You’re next on stage.”

 

Baekhyun looked at the person on the door and nod. “Okay noona.” He then looked at Chanyeol. “Thanks for visiting me yeol, I felt much better than before.” He hugged the taller again and went towards the door.

 

And Chanyeol felt his heart beating in a fast pace again. Maybe it’s just because of how Baekhyun looked right now that made him this way.

 

 But Baekhyun was already pretty even without make up, but only much prettier right now. Yep, his Vixen is really pretty. Vixen fits him perfectly.

 

---

 

Chanyeol immediately went towards his designated seat, he wanted to be there when his bestfriend would stand on stage and perform in front of everyone.

 

He wanted to be there to cheer him.

 

Once his bestfriend was called and was standing in front of the stage, singing a song Chanyeol heard a million times from Baekhyun, but somehow for him this is the best version of it all, Baekhyun was staring at him while singing. It’s as if he’s singing for him, only him.

 

He felt that familiar thugging inside his heart that he have felt a few seconds ago when they were together on back stage.

 

Baekhyun was like a star shining so bright.

 

 

And Chanyeol knew he have fallen in love.

 

 

---

 

“Baekhyun, will you please stop talking continuously?” Luhan requested. “Relax please, Relax” He was busy fixing the cups at the glass container of the shop. He owns a small Bubble Tea shop that he build 6 months ago. He wanted to start a small business that both young and old people could enjoy. His back facing Baekhyun who was standing near the counter, sipping a milk tea at his hand.

 

“How can I relax, Luhan?” he beamed happily. “Chanyeol already accepted me.” A creepy smile evident in his face. He was just too happy.

 

Luhan looked at him. “You’ve been too obsessed with Chanyeol that you’re getting his creepy smile from before.”

 

Baekhyun grinned again and took one sip from his drink. “I just couldn’t contain my happiness, Luhan”

 

Luhan smiled “then I’m happy for you Baekhyun.” And the smaller could only smile.

 

“I’m really sorry about the past Baek” Luhan suddenly said, facing the smaller male in front of him. Few strands of his blond hair fell. “It’s really my fault why you had a hard time with Chanyeol.”

 

“It’s okay Lulu. It was all in the past.” Baekhyun reassured him with a smile “And if it weren’t for that, I wouldn’t realize how important he is to me.”

 

“What matters to me now is that he have accepted me in his life again.” The smaller chirped and all Luhan can do is smile at him. He’s happy that finally Baekhyun’s efforts paid off.

 

“What’s that Luhan?” The blond looked at the place where Baekhyun was pointing at. He saw the vase filled with roses. “I didn’t know you love flowers, I thought you hate roses?” 

 

“I do.”

 

“then why do you have a vase filled with roses in your shop?” Baekhyun asked in confusion.

 

“Well, a couple of days ago when I came to open the store, there’s a rose in the doorstep. At first I thought it was just a mistake and since I hate roses, I threw it away.” Luhan explained. “But as time goes by, I would always came here with a single rose in store’s doorstep, I thought maybe someone needs those roses someday so I just put it on the vase”

 

“Luhan I think you have a secret admirer!” Baekhyun squeaked. Luhan scowled.

 

“That’s impossible Baekhyun.”

 

 

“Why not? You’re very pretty.”

 

“No. I’m not” he said with a scowl again. He just hates the thought. “You know me Baekhyun, I never really had a serious relationship with anyone because people only wants my d and my face, if it wasn't for that then I think someone’s just playing a prank on me or anything if ever that was really meant for my doorstep.”

 

Baekhyun can't retort anything, He knew Luhan for a long time and understand how blond felt, Being gifted with beauty and talent made him a victim of people's false belief's of love.

Then Baekhyun leaned down to get a piece of paper he saw stuck underneath the counter. He giggled when he saw what’s on the paper.

 

“The man giving you those roses says otherwise, Lulu” he giggled softly, "I think he really likes you by the efforts he's doing for you"

 

Luhan looked at the paper the other was holding and flushed bright red when he realized what it is. “Where did you get that? I thought I threw that away.”

 

“You’re as beautiful as the rose.” He read the words written in the paper and Luhan immediately snatched it away from his hand and threw it on the trash. “He’s sweet you know, I wonder who he is?”

 

“I have no idea” Luhan answered looking at the vase filled with beautiful red roses.