I know

Constellations

 

 

 

Baekhyun stirred from his sleep, feeling his system waking up from his long slumber. He felt a hand softly tapping his shoulders and when his grogginess are finally set aside, he slowly opened his eyelids to see whose waking him from his slumber. His eyes slowly regaining his clear vision and noticed Seohyun in front of him. Oh I fell asleep

 

He softly sat up straight “I’m so sorry, I.. I didn’t mean to have fallen asleep, I…” he stuttered. He was only new to the firm and he had already shown like he was slacking off in his job. Ignoring his look (dishevelled hair, morning breathes, crumpled clothes) He stood up and bowed, “I’m so sorry” noticing a piece of cover falls behind him. A blanket?

 

Seohyun tried to stop him from his bowing position.

 

 “its okay Baekhyun-ssi, you don’t need to say sorry” Baekhyun stopped bowing and looked at Seohyun’s face filled with worry and somehow pleased “you’re doing your best for this project, tiring yourself and all and if it weren’t for you, this project would be so hard to accomplish”
 

Baekhyun blushed, he was being complimented.

 

“That’s why thank you Baekhyun.” Seohyun said and took the blanket from the floor and hand it over Baekhyun and the latter took it.

 

“This isn’t mine, but do you know who owns this?” He asked.

 

Seohyun smiled “It’s Sir Chanyeol’s.” baekhyun tried his best to hide the colors glowing in his cheeks, but he was just too happy. Chanyeol placed this on me while I was asleep?

 

“May I know where is he?”

 

“He’s in his office room right now” The petite girl answered.

 

 

Baekhyun headed towards the door and when he was about to click the doorknob, Seohyun suddenly spoke, making the male turn his body towards her. “He’s really a nice guy Baekhyun, he’s just trying his best to hide it under his cold facade.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. ‘I know’

 

And I am guilty because I know I have a huge impact for that change.

 

---

 

Kim Jongin, self-proclaimed as ‘Kai’, got nothing to do today and he was bored, really really bored.

 

He heard that Chanyeol would stay at his office overnight while Kyungsoo, looking at his digital clock displaying 9:45 am, should have been making breakfast at his own house for now. He still needs to wait one more hour before he’d meet up with Kyungsoo. He called him earlier this morning and the elder said he wanted to bring their Engineer bestfriend something to eat in the firm since he is busy for an upcoming project. Why is time so slow? I want to meet with Kyung now.

 

Kyungsoo was like the mother type in their friendship. The one who took care of either him or Chanyeol when they’re sick, busy or mostly everytime they needed someone to take care of them.

 

Since their Tall Engineer friend is the serious one who tried his best to exclude himself from the world except him and Kyungsoo, Jongin was the clingy one of them.

 

He’s the immature, whiny and complaining trouble-maker, which makes Kyungsoo to monitor him time to time, having his maternal instinct of ‘caring’ for his dongsaengs.

 

And that is why Jongin would always creep a huge smile on his face everytime his hyung would scold him, of course secretly.

 

But he convinces himself, it’s because Kyungsoo just looks so cute whenever he’s angry and not because he has a crush on him. Nope, he is not gaying for his bestfriend.

 

He, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are bestfriends ever since college. Jongin and Kyungsoo are already friends before they met Park Chanyeol, they had almost all classes together, at that time Chanyeol was a happy jolly man who’s really easy to befriend and talk to. He was very different to who he was right now, Jongin noted.

 

He remembered how the tall male would always smile and laugh to little things, showing his pearly whites to everyone when he’s smiling, and how happy he is in life.

 

But he can’t blame his friend if he changed because he witnessed everything his friend went through, how much pain he have endured, how he is living yet looks so lifeless, how much tears he have shed for him to change and became the Park Chanyeol everyone knew now.

 

 

That is also why, he and Kyungsoo remained by his side all those times.

 

 

---

 

Chanyeol was busying himself with so many papers in his hand, he doesn’t remember how many numbers of draft he have seen and carefully deliberated. Making a mistake is a total No No for this. A cup of black coffee placed beside his laptop while from time to time he’s taking sips from the delicious hot bitter drink, he needs to stay awake and keep his mind occupied. Because whenever there’s a moment his mind would drift from work, an Image of Baekhyun would suddenly appear, and he just can’t bear to have that anymore.

 

Baekhyun here, Baekhyun there.

 

Why won’t the image of the small guy leave his mind? That is why Chanyeol went to his office room once he placed a blanket over the sleeping man because he can’t focus properly while staying in the same room with the elder. Distracting.

 

That guy is just his architect and nothing more. After this project they will both part ways again, that is why he is trying his best to create distance with the elder as much as possible.

 

‘I’m sorry Chanyeol’

 

Those words keep on replaying in his head. Why did Baekhyun have to said those words while he was sleeping? Was he aware? Was it on purpose? Or Was it because it was the thoughts in the elder’s mind that even in his sleep, it was all he could mutters. Was Chanyeol really that important to him?

 

Chanyeol shook his head. No. Stop fooling yourself with your assumptions. He’s just here to hurt you again and you can’t let your guard down.

 

Then he heard a knock on the door disturbing his thoughts. He waited for the person to enter his office room and was shocked to see the person disturbing his thoughts a couple of seconds ago, standing at the door. His hair dishevelled making him look cuter than ever. Chanyeol feeling his heart skipped a beat.

 

But he knows he can’t let his guard down, Less than a second, his usual cold, emotionless façade was displayed in his face.

 

“You can stay at home for the rest of the day since you’ve stayed overnight here in the office.” He said sternly, his face looking at the laptop in front of him, not looking at Baekhyun.

 

He can hear pair of footsteps moving and realized that his architect have walked leaving the room, but then his sight of vision of replaced with blue shiny clothe.

 

It was his blanket.

 

“Thank you for the blanket Chanyeol” Baekhyun said, and the young engineer should have thought twice first before lifting his head because when he did, he was met with the smile he adored from the moment he can hardly remember. It was the same smile he loved when he was five years old, it was the same smile he loved when he was ten, and it was also the same he was so thankful for when he was 15. Pure and Sincere.

 

He can’t stop the erratic beating of his heart.

 

He immediately took the blanket off of Baekhyun’s hands. He knows he took it off quite harshly but he couldn’t care. The latter was about to say something but before he does, Chanyeol have finally spoke.

 

 

“Out” His hands gripping so tight. “Get out.”