Still

Constellations

 

 

 

There are so many stars out there, shining so bright.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol loved to watch the endless stars smeared at the sky, they we’re just lying there in the green grass top of a hill. Wind kissing their cheeks and Cold breezes enveloping their bodies. But it wasn’t something they need to worry about, because they have each other to give warmth to, and a blanket of course.

 

But for Chanyeol, he’s happy everytime he’s with the elder, no matter what the situation is, as long as Baekhyun is there with him, beside him. He couldn’t ask for anything anymore.

 

He stared at the boy beside him who’s so busy admiring the stars above that he can’t notice the adoring stares he’s receiving from Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol could see how beautiful Baekhyun’s adoring eyes, how enchanting his happy smile. It would always make the taller’s heart beats in an erratic speed.

 

‘I have always admired you’ he thought while observing every little expressions Baekhyun is making.

 

For a fifteen years old, Chanyeol knows that what he is feeling for the other person is more than an admiration, he is fully aware that he is in love with his bestfriend.

 

From the day he met him, when the smaller man protected him from those bullies, and when Baekhyun was performing on stage for the first time, he realized that he have loved him all those times.

 

But Baekhyun is from a different equal than him, The elder is popular, athletic, talented, while he is a nerd, weirdo and people calls him creepy.

 

Baekhyun can never feel the same way he have felt for the elder.

 

And even though he knows his feelings would always be one-sided, Knowing Baekhyun would never leave him despite their differences, is already enough for Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol Look!Look!” Baekhyun disrupt his train of thoughts when he nudged at him and sat up, Chanyeol was soon to follow. The elder was pointing at something in the sky, that made the Chanyeol look at where the elder is pointing at “It’s a shooting Star Chanyeol” he beamed happily.
 

 

There was that smile again. And Chanyeol’s heart skipped another erratic beat.

 

“Let’s make a wish Yeol.” The smaller closed his eyes as if he was trying to think hard of something to wish for. Despite what he have said, Chanyeol didn’t made a move to close his eyes nor imitate Baekhyun’s posture of wishing something like.

 

He was just there, sitting, and admiring the smaller guy beside him.

 

I wouldn’t wish for anything than the time to stop right now. Where there is only you and only me, and the stars above us. And nothing else matters.

 

“Chanyeol, what did you wish for?” Baekhyun looked at him happily and disrupt his thoughts again. “Tell me. Tell me.”

 

“……”

 

“You didn’t wish for anything didn’t you?”

 

Baekhyun pout. “You’re mind’s wandering again aren’t you?” It’s obvious in the smaller’s voice that he’s not angry but somehow scolding his bestfriend.

 

“I’m sorry I got distracted” Chanyeol admitted “It’s just that, I don’t know what to wish for, I love being with Baekhyun and all I want is just to be beside Baekhyun always.”

 

Baekhyun stared at him for a long time, face unreadable. Pure silence enveloping them, the wind still breezing their bodies, and the Stars became more and more beautiful as it continues to get darker.

 

“Do you mean by that in a friendly way Chanyeol?” he asked after a long time Chanyeol forgot to count.

 

The taller felt his heart beating in a fast pace, his face heating up.

 

He wanted to answer ‘Yes’ so that their friendship wouldn’t get broken, to remain the same. He’s already happy with the way they are right now, He doesn’t want to ask for more and ruined it.

 

But he can’t lie to his bestfriend. So he summed up all his courage, It’s now or never.

 

He shook his head. “No.” Chanyeol dropped his face down, unable to look the elder in the eyes, he was embarrassed, and he felt those eyes are gonna eat him and buried him with enchantment. “I love you more than a friend Baekhyun, for a long time.”

 

Silence.

 

There was silence enveloping them again, it’s as if it is eating Chanyeol whole. He wanted to run,He wanted to hide in his room, He wanted to drown in his sorrow. ‘I knew it, Baehkyun wouldn’t like me the way I like him’

 

He was about to apologize to what he have said and tell Baekhyun to forget his sudden confession, but when he lift his head up to look at the man beside him. He saw Baekhyun crying and an undescribable smile painted in his face. His cheeks are red, same with his eyes that has tears flowing from it. He looks messy but still as pretty as how Chanyeol would always label him.

 

 

“Took you long enough, idiot”

 

 

---

 

Baekhyun was staring at Chanyeol’s backside, they were at the latter’s office room, and Chanyeol isn’t looking at him, ignoring him. As if he’s just an air.

 

He wanted to stop the waters forming in his eyes, What Chanyeol has been doing to him from these couple of days stabbed his heart effectively. To say that it didn’t affect him is an understatement, because every little thing the younger was doing to him matters to Baekhyun. It hurts, It definitely hurts. He knew he deserves it But he’s trying his best to apologize and make up for what he did in the past.

 

But Chanyeol’s been putting up a wall everytime. He’s been stoic, cold and emotionless. It’s really different to his lovable Park Chanyeol. He knew it was his fault. But it really is too much for him to handle.

 

“Chanyeol” he tried to approach his ex-boyfriend, ex-bestfriend, and still the love of his life. He doesn’t want to give up on him.

 

But when he held the taller’s arm, the latter immediately pulled it away from him.

 

“I told you to get out didn’t I?” Chanyeol gritted his teeth. “Go to your house or whatever, just get out from my office. I’m busy”

 

“But-“

 

“Get out”

 

“Yeol-”

 

Chanyeol turned around. “Baekhyun, What the ?” he yelled. “Why won’t you in listen to me? Why won’t you understand that I don’t want you here? That I don’t want to see your face? Do you want me to spell it out for you huh?”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart dropped by every harsh words thrown at him, he felt something wet flowing in his cheeks. He felt his knees going week, but he stood there, not admitting defeat.

 

 “Why the did you suddenly came back? After all that you have done, you have the audacity to stomp your feet in my office, pretending that nothing have happened and pretending that everything is fine between us?” Chanyeol burst out, he just couldn’t contain the anger, the hurt he have endured for 4 years, the emptiness he felt for a long time.

 

“I just, I wanted to say I’m sorry Chanyeol.” He softly replied “For everything that I have done.”

 

“Sorry?” the taller mocked “Sorry? After four years you came back to say you’re sorry? Do you want me to accept you in open arms? To be happy that you’re here? Do you think I’m stupid Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun kept in silence, he doesn’t know what to respond, he can feel the hurt in his ex-lover’s voice. He knows the taller has the right to say those words to him. He deserves all of them.

 

“I just want to make up with all that I did.”

 

“Sorry, but I can’t accept you. You don’t have a place in my life anymore.”