Chance

Constellations

 

 

 

 

Baekyun stirred, he felt his whole system heavy and his head was like being hit by a thousand hammer because it’s spinning. He slowly sat up, and he looked at his surroundings.

 

Pitch black, everything was black. But there’s light outside the window, Baekhyun knew it was emitting from the Moon’s glow. And he thought it was pretty. Wow

 

But then it hit him that he doesn’t know where he is. There’s a comforter covering him, he’s lying in a comfortable soft bed. Because of the Moon’s glow he can see the shadows of the belongings inside the room he’s staying at. There are stuffs he’s not familiar with.

 

He looked at his side and saw a tray with sealed foods in it.

 

‘Where am I?’ he thought.

 

He tried to remember what happened to him before he fell asleep. ‘What happened?’ Then he remembered that he just suddenly collapsed in front of Kyungsoo and Jongin whom he haven’t seen for a long time.

 

Maybe one of them owns this place he’s staying at. He felt so embarrassed on bringing trouble to the two male. He wanted to say sorry and leave. He have already done a lot of concerns to them and he doesn’t want to add anymore by staying longer.

 

As he was about to get up, he noticed his clothes were different than the one he was wearing before.

 

He was wearing an oversized shirt and a pajama pants. ‘They even changed my clothes, how embarrassing’

 

He wanted to say sorry to them, but when he’s gonna take the cover off of him, the door opens and revealed a tall figure.

 

Someone Baekhyun never thought would face him, was standing in front of him. His eyes were open wide, and his jaw dropped. He can feel the sweat forming in his forehead, he was nervous, and as well as scared.

 

He was scared to face him, after what happened to them in the office.

 

 “Chanyeol.”

 

The taller didn’t respond not even a sound, but strides towards the bed the elder was lying at.

 

Once he was settled at the bedside, he looked at Baekhyun, who he notice was shaking a little again and he spoke “You haven’t eaten anything since last night, Kyungsoo prepared a meal for you before they left.”

 

His voice was calm, and Baekhyun tried his best not to think the best of it but was there concern in his deep voice? He didn’t want to assume but it made his heartbeat escalades.

 

Then smaller noticed that Chanyeol was wearing a long sleeves plain shirt and baggy shorts. He looked so simple, different from his usual formal attires. So he was in the latter’s home?

 

 

“Chanyeol, I-”

 

 

Before he could continue, Chanyeol interrupted him. “Before you continue what you are about to say, I want to say you’ve been giving problems to everyone ever since you came back you know. I should have been on my office right now, finishing the project I’ve been working on” he looked at Baekhyun, sadness and guilt evident in his face. He sighed “But here I am babysitting someone who collapsed inside my office room.”

 

Baekhyun dropped his head because of embarrassment and guilt, “I’m sorry” he mumbled.

 

“I better should leave” he quickly said, immediately taking the covers off of him “I’d return this clothes tomorrow at the office, sorry for the trouble and I’m s-”

 

 He was near the door when Chanyeol took hold of his arm and stopped him from talking “baekhyun, shut up for a moment.” Which made the smaller male turned to him.

 

“But-”

 

“Shut up, please” Baekhyun looked at the taller’s eyes, there is something in those eyes that is drawing him, everything that Baekhyun felt for a long time was screaming inside his heart. How beautiful those eyes are even with its mystery, Baekhyun finds it gorgeous and all he could do is nod. 

 

“Okay.”

 

Chanyeol lead him again towards the bed and made him lie on the soft mattress. He wanted to say the taller shouldn’t have to, and that he needed to leave because he was giving so much trouble, but Chanyeol told him he have no right to argue, which made him submit.

 

“Eat.” The younger handed him a spoon and a cup. It was a soup. Then looked at him “Do you want me to heat it up for you? Because you don’t like to eat hot foods, right?”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart thugs. Chanyeol remembered that.

 

 He shook his head and mumbled a soft ‘thank you’.

 

He looked at the elder whose watching him eat, embarrassment filling up his system, he felt so small while those eyes are observing him.

 

“Chanyeol.. I..” he wanted to say sorry again, he knew that it won’t do anything, but he wants to say it again and again until it can reach the other. “I’m really.. sorry.”

 

Chanyeol stared at him for a while, observed the petite man in front of him, he reached his right hand towards the flushed cheeks of the elder, he observed those emotion filled eyes, those quivering plump lips, those pale yet flushed cheeks, everything about Baekhyun made him confused, yet contented.

 

He doesn’t want to be angry anymore. Especially when the person who brought all the pain inside his heart, was there in front of him, living in despair and filled with Guilt.

 

Maybe Kyungsoo was right. He’s not the only victim in here. Baekhyun too.

 

He’s now here to make up for everything and Chanyeol doesn’t want to suffer anymore.

 

He knows it will be a big gamble, but he chose to gamble his trust again.

 

 

He would give it a chance.

 

He wanted to forgive.

 

“It’s okay Baekhyun.” He cupped Baekhyun’s cheeks and smiled.

 

 There’s that smile that Baekhyun haven’t seen for a while. The smile he have missed for a long time. Chanyeol smiled at him, there’s no sarcasm or anger or doubt in it, but his pure smile Baekhyun loved.

 

 

“But Chanyeol, I really want to-“

 

“Sssh.. it’s okay.”Chanyeol placed his index finger infront of the smaller’s mouth to stop him from talking. “I won’t say that I already forgave you Baekhyun because I still really can’t forget everything that happened between us. That would take time” then he placed his hand again to the other’s glowing cheeks by the moon’s radiance. He smiled adoring the beautiful sight. “But I’m not angry anymore.”

 

“What I’m saying is, I’m giving it a chance to accept you in my life again, vixen” Chanyeol smiled embarrassingly.

 

Vixen. The nickname that Chanyeol gave him before when they were bestfriends, the most special word to Baekhyun’s dictionary, it was so foreign to him not being able to hear it for a long time, yet so familiar being so close to his heart. The words he longed to hear from his giant’s voice.

 

He was so happy. Baekhyun wasn’t aware with tears emitting from his eyes, because he could only notice the person in front of him. The man he loves for a long time.

 

 “Stop crying already, Baekhyun” Chanyeol grimaced. “And eat, I really have no idea how it is possible for you to cry so much.”

 

“Is it really true?” The elder sniffed. “You’re not angry at me anymore?” sniffed again “And that.. you’re giving me chance to  be in your life again?”

 

 

Chanyeol nods. “Yes”

 

 

Baekhyun cried again. He just couldn’t contain his happiness.

 

 

And Chanyeol could only chuckle.